Should Al Franken resign

/dev/null

Should Al Franken resign  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Al Franken resign

Yes.  On a moral ground and political strategy.  We have a GOP president and a GOP Alabama Senate candidate both being accused of sexual harassment by multiple women.  Franken steps down and a Democratic Governor in Minnesota would temporarily appoint a Democratic Senator (who would likely win 2018 special election). 

It would be a good way to trick dumb people into thinking that Democrats showed the moral high ground.  The only reason they won't is if they know more accusations against Democratic Senators are coming.

15 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Yes, but not because he took a silly picture.  Because electing the guy who played a gorilla handler in Trading Places to the Senate is even more ridiculous than electing a reality TV host to be President.

51C2MV8H8NL._SY445_.jpg

Tho sometimes I think that movie might actually have helped prepare Reagan for dealing with DC politicians

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Yes.  On a moral ground and political strategy.  We have a GOP president and a GOP Alabama Senate candidate both being accused of sexual harassment by multiple women.  Franken steps down and a Democratic Governor in Minnesota would temporarily appoint a Democratic Senator (who would likely win 2018 special election). 

It would be a good way to trick dumb people into thinking that Democrats showed the moral high ground.  The only reason they won't is if they know more accusations against Democratic Senators are coming.

If actually having any moral high ground instead of just preaching about it mattered to any Democrats, I'd agree.  

Edited by KD in CA

No, he should have to be voted out of office.

Personally, I can't stand the guy, but if that's who Minnesotans want as a Senator, then so be it. I didn't need to see this story to know that Franken's a dick. So he did and said some typically boorish sh#t - so has an ever-growing number of elected officials at all levels, including the president. I do not want elected officials removed based on the potential veracity of ex post facto accusations or innuendo.

Just vote the bastard out.

2 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Al Franken should resign IF AND ONLY IF Trump resigns, hypocrites.

5db3c62dc857ecaf97782e956e10105b--pathol

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/08/us/donald-trump-tape-transcript.html

Shows you what a horrible candidate Hillary was that she still lost despite that tape.  That tape isn't as big a deal to me as the multiple sexual harassment allegations against Trump.  I do find some of the women accusers credible given the detail they put into their story, but the distrust of the Clinton's convinced many voters that all of those allegations were bogus.  There was also photographic evidence against Franken that none of the woman accusers had against Trump.  Don't blame me though as I didn't vote for the guy.   

3 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Al Franken should resign IF AND ONLY IF Trump resigns, hypocrites.

5db3c62dc857ecaf97782e956e10105b--pathol

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/08/us/donald-trump-tape-transcript.html

I !@#$ed an army rangers wife whilst he was on deployment. Am I a bad person?

50 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

So you're a Pence 2017 kind of guy?

God if only we knew about what Trump said before the election and 20 years ago...  Good thing Pence is up front about his massaganknee

I have absolutely zero sympathy for anybody guilty of sexual harassment, having personally experienced it as a boy.  That said, I am betting that this iceburg is huge and Franken would be the first of many to fall.

I am in favor of no longer turning a blind eye to sexual; harassment by powerful men (predominately) and relieving them of their duties.  That begins with our president.

41 minutes ago, Billsfansinceday1 said:

I have absolutely zero sympathy for anybody guilty of sexual harassment, having personally experienced it as a boy.  That said, I am betting that this iceburg is huge and Franken would be the first of many to fall.

I am in favor of no longer turning a blind eye to sexual; harassment by powerful men (predominately) and relieving them of their duties.  That begins with our president.

You touch on something I believe. Franken being Franken, which is nothing more than an attention grabbing mouth piece with one liners and supposed humor, the best thing he could do for the party is resign and then come out strong against this behavior. Once he resigns he can carry the virtue banner of repentance to demand others who may be guilty do as he did. He would be a martyr whilst being the perpetrator, it would be the best political move. 

I am fully expecting this to happen and be so downright condescending in his announcement that he only stirs the pot about others in his shoes. 

45 minutes ago, Billsfansinceday1 said:

Oh. And of course you're a petulant little child to be claiming the president should now step down because of others actions.

I will vote for Trump because I like a man who can grab life by the Billsfansinceday1 

As much as I enjoy seeing Franken raked over the coals, I say no.  All this hubbub is, again, simply another attempt to pathologize male sexuality.  All this #metoo bull **** is just that: bull ****, and a moral panic that's part of a modern feminist agenda to stigmatize normal male sexuality. I get the feeling that we're going to be looking back on this in a few years in the same way we look at Victorian posturing.

• Like (+1) 1