Why Do You Cheer If You See No Hope

corta765

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

A lot of teams passed on him. 

Just saying 

Actually, not that many: he went #12, and the Jags,  Titans, Chargers,  Panthers,  Bengals, and Saints all had QBs, so only 6 players were taken ahead of him by teams that might have been looking for QBs, including QBs Trubisky and Mahomes.  If the Bills had chosen to make him their #10 pick instead of trading with KC, only 4 players would have been taken ahead of him by QB needy teams, and only 1 QB.  It's entirely possible that Watson turns out to be just another flashy first year starter who will look great until the DCs figure out his game, but my point is that assuming the Bills will get it right on a QB just because they want or need one is the ultimate foolishness.

5 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Actually, not that many: he went #12, and the Jags,  Titans, Chargers,  Panthers,  Bengals, and Saints all had QBs, so only 6 players were taken ahead of him by teams that might have been looking for QBs, including QBs Trubisky and Mahomes.  If the Bills had chosen to make him their #10 pick instead of trading with KC, only 4 players would have been taken ahead of him by QB needy teams, and only 1 QB.  It's entirely possible that Watson turns out to be just another flashy first year starter who will look great until the DCs figure out his game, but my point is that assuming the Bills will get it right on a QB just because they want or need one is the ultimate foolishness.

I said 4:

Browns

Jets

Jags (This one remains a ? still I guess)

49er's

Why do I cheer for the Bills?  Simple!  I've been here with this team since the 1960s.  NONE of the players were even born then.  While they may be payed to wear the uniform for a couple of months....I've owned it for over half a century!

The one thing that ticks me off is when I feel that I care more than the players and coaches.  I've seen it way more times than I care to remember....and I'm praying we're not starting yet another slide into this all too familiar locker room apathy.

Come on man! Somebody do something!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

I haven't written the season off, but I wish I could. The best outcome this season would have been two or three wins and a terrific draft spot, IMHO. With fundamental improvements going on under the surface.

And, "no hope"? There's always hope for next year. More so than usual if you like what you see with McDermott, which I do.

19 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Why do I cheer for the Bills?  Simple!  I've been here with this team since the 1960s.  NONE of the players were even born then.  While they may be payed to wear the uniform for a couple of months....I've owned it for over half a century!

The one thing that ticks me off is when I feel that I care more than the players and coaches.  I've seen it way more times than I care to remember....and I'm praying we're not starting yet another slide into this all too familiar locker room apathy.

Come on man! Somebody do something!!

Great post......well said.

50+ for me too.

SOMEBODY Do SOMETHING

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, row_33 said:

since 1973

1 Juice playoff game

1 Cribbs playoff game or two

6 years of greatness from Jim Kelly's team

a few good years after his decline and retirement

that's it for over 40 years.

so this is an average level of disappointment

I started a bit earlier - saw the Kemp, Gilchrist and great D games at the Rock-pile.  2 AFL Championships that were wonderful in that day and age.  But, I agree with your vision after 1973.

This year has been difficult because a GM & coaching staff that went out of their way to go tank mode in preseason and talk about collecting draft picks and trading the better player for draft choices.  

Heck they told us that in "not so many words".  Then 5-2 and I was ready to buy in and then two terrible games.

Yes I had some optimism after the start but now I don't have faith in the staff using the offense properly and we'll see if the defense turns it around.

4 hours ago, Foreigner said:

And another thing, TT was not good Sunday, but if you think he was the reason the Defense has 

given up 500 yards on the ground the past two weeks, and he cost us those two games, then you

have no hope.

The only reason a QB would want to play for this team is money. Draftees have been known to force trades,

not wanting to play for a organization. Even Dareus could,nt wait to leave town.

Tyrods not the absolute reason the defense stepped back but he’s not helping with rest. A defense gets gassed when getting run on all game. If you don’t extend plays on offense the situation becomes magnified.

“The only reason a QB would want to play for this team is money.”

Do you mean a free agent QB? If so then that’s normally where they go to,the team that pays them the most.

“Draftees have been known to force trades.”

Draftees haven’t been known to force trades,it has happened rarely.

If a guys drafted by the Bills he will play for the Bills. 

Did you see Dareus’ letter to the fans and organization? Didn’t sound like he “couldn’t wait to leave town.”

Edited by dlonce

10 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

From what I hear 

the Jags, Chargers, Bengals and Saints all need a QB of the future.  

Committing a first round pick to a QB when the team already has a franchise QB (or what they believe is a franchise QB) already playing isn't something that many teams do.  In recent years, the only teams I can think of that's done that was Green Bay when they grabbed Rodgers while they still had Favre and KC when they grabbed Mahomes when they had Smith.   Would either have taken a QB if they had missed the playoffs the year before and were drafting in the top ten with lots of desperate needs to fill?   Probably not, and that's the case with both San Diego and NO.  They had much bigger issues than their QBs.

The Jags were committed to Bortles; teams that draft a QB in the first round are going to give him his full contract to prove or disprove himself unless he's absolutely a disaster like Ja'Marcus Russell.  The improvement in Jared Goff demonstrates that young QBs can turn it around abruptly, especially when the coaching and talent around them improves.

Finally, Andy Dalton wasn't considered a problem before the 2017 season.  Being in his 6th or 7th season, he was expected to be in his prime.

10 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

I think the real answer is everyone with a screen name actually thinks their opinion matters. It doesn’t. You aren’t special. Get a grip. Be happy.  You could live in Syria. The bills are fun. Even if they go 0-16. 

Sorry, dude, but my mama didn't raise me to be so grateful that I'm allowed to live at all that I don't complain about living in a vile hell hole.  Acceptance may be your thing, but it's sure not my family tradition.  My people didn't wait around praying for the czar or Bolsheviks or Nazis to spare them ... they did something about it even if that something was just to get the hell out of Dodge while they could.

When I don't like something, I do something about it, even if that something is very minor and/or only symbolic.  The Bills are actually very low on any scale of importance but I sure am NOT so grate that they exist that I'll be happy about the manure that's been dumped on Bills fans for the last seventeen, and soon likely to be eighteen, years.  It's why I no longer am a season ticket holder and why I choose not to attend even one game this season.