Why Do You Cheer If You See No Hope

corta765

Just now, Best Player Available said:

It's not bleak to everyone. The team has a winning record. Probably won a game or two on pure emotion over talent levels. The coach and GM are rookies. Trying to find their way. My comment on sneaking in as the last wildcard then getting toasted in a road game ( yes it could happen). Is not something IMO I want to see.

I would rather wait and see what the new regime can do over the course of a couple of years. Does anyone think Peterman with Tolbert, Washington as a DT, etc. Will put fear in anyone in a playoff game? The board will meltdown. This is not remotely a team that can go deep in the playoffs. Isn't winning a Lombardi what long suffering fans really want? Or is simply getting in the playoffs good enough? Remember some predicted a 4-12 season. Lets get some players, fire a coach or two, and see these guys build a winner. Or watch them flame out like everyone before them. Then start over.  

But this is a rebuilding year, missing the most important player a franchise QB. That guy is not on the roster IMO

The one thing I walked out of the stadium thinking after the Saints game was even if the Bills make the playoffs I hope Tyrod is gone after this season and we draft someone new. My great fear is they make the playoffs and say Tyrod is enough and don't pull the trigger even on a guy in the 2nd or 3rd round.

41 minutes ago, corta765 said:

My question basically stems to this: After the last two weeks a lot of people have written the team off, some want Tyrod thrown into a volcano never to be seen again, others the coaching staff, and in general see absolutely no hope and have stated as much. Some are so down on the team they don't even care if the team makes the playoffs if they were to get smoked in the game. So I sincerely ask why do you still comment and care?

After the last two weeks I know things are pretty bleak right now but I am not writing off the game nor season until it happens. I am not saying either I don't think the Bills are flawed and have issues but I will at least want to see that happen rather then assume it and that is with 17 years of proof otherwise. I think if they make the playoffs it's still great even if they get beaten pretty badly because of the weight lifted off the franchise. To me being a fan comes down to going through the dark times (and yea they have been reallyyyy dark here) so when the good days do arrive it is that much more full filling of a feeling. I am not sure how many of you are or are not Sabre fans but the 05-06 season was my favorite because for those of us who went through the down seasons and bankruptcy it was the greatest surprise you could ever have expected as a fan. Unfortunately being 29 I have only a few sparse Bills playoff memories and good one's in general.

So again if your someone who has written the season and Chargers game off already or would rather the team just tank's to 5-11 I ask in general curiousness why do you still keep cheering, comment, or care in anyway?

I cheer for the world to end

Just now, corta765 said:

The one thing I walked out of the stadium thinking after the Saints game was even if the Bills make the playoffs I hope Tyrod is gone after this season and we draft someone new. My great fear is they make the playoffs and say Tyrod is enough and don't pull the trigger even on a guy in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I think they draft a QB early. Tyrod is exposed and the blueprint to neutralize him is in. I don't think Beane & McD will trade a boatload of picks to get their guy though. They traded all the talent away. And it needs to be replaced.  BTW I agree on your take on Bob Woods. Criminal not to even try and re sign him.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
51 minutes ago, corta765 said:

My question basically stems to this: After the last two weeks a lot of people have written the team off, some want Tyrod thrown into a volcano never to be seen again, others the coaching staff, and in general see absolutely no hope and have stated as much. Some are so down on the team they don't even care if the team makes the playoffs if they were to get smoked in the game. So I sincerely ask why do you still comment and care?

After the last two weeks I know things are pretty bleak right now but I am not writing off the game nor season until it happens. I am not saying either I don't think the Bills are flawed and have issues but I will at least want to see that happen rather then assume it and that is with 17 years of proof otherwise. I think if they make the playoffs it's still great even if they get beaten pretty badly because of the weight lifted off the franchise. To me being a fan comes down to going through the dark times (and yea they have been reallyyyy dark here) so when the good days do arrive it is that much more full filling of a feeling. I am not sure how many of you are or are not Sabre fans but the 05-06 season was my favorite because for those of us who went through the down seasons and bankruptcy it was the greatest surprise you could ever have expected as a fan. Unfortunately being 29 I have only a few sparse Bills playoff memories and good one's in general.

So again if your someone who has written the season and Chargers game off already or would rather the team just tank's to 5-11 I ask in general curiousness why do you still keep cheering, comment, or care in anyway?

I have seen the movie too many times to forget how it ends.  But to answer your question, because for many of us we love the Bills like a living entity and we speak truth to the ones we love.  I will root them and always hope they win, but when they are continuously screwing things up it is only natural for fans to vent and criticize.  

Also the length of the drought does make a difference.  Around year ten I was still pretty optimistic.  After year 13 or so I started to not enjoy it so much.  If the drought was five years, people wouldn't be so negative.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

Enjoy the bandwagon maybe for another 18 years. There are actually a lot of people on this board who

care about the product on the field.

The Rams, Saints, Vikings and Eagles all bad teams last year are all leading their division this year.

I hate to say it, but this team was better with Ryan and Whaley last year. Also, this years wins were

against bad teams and happened with lucky bounces resulting in turnovers.

Shady McCoy is a beast, but has not been able to stay on the field every week the past three years,

but I think this is the only team in the NFL without a backup running back.

Totbert is a fullback who his buddy from Carolina McDermott,  says he still has faith in.

If you believe that nonsense, I guess you will believe anything.  

• Like (+1) 1

And another thing, TT was not good Sunday, but if you think he was the reason the Defense has 

given up 500 yards on the ground the past two weeks, and he cost us those two games, then you

have no hope.

The only reason a QB would want to play for this team is money. Draftees have been known to force trades,

not wanting to play for a organization. Even Dareus could,nt wait to leave town.

1 hour ago, corta765 said:

So I sincerely ask why do you still comment and care?

Because they are my team. 

I always want my team to do well regardless of the big picture.  It is the way I am, always was and always will be.  Whenever I played HS sports, competitive games, or coached softball, I always played to the best of my ability and to win, no matter the score or the situation. 

Never give up, always compete.

Nobody on this entire board wants them to lose sitting in the 6th spot so what is your question? It makes no sense. People write garbage when their hopes are up and then crushed...again. Most people saying they are going to lose 50-3 to the Chargers are the ones that will probably be screaming the loudest at the tv come Sunday. THis is Bills football and if you can't read the fans by now, you most definitely never will.

I hate this team with a passion but I will be giving every ounce of everything I have on Sunday hoping that this season is still alive come Monday.....and then I will hate them again if they lose..... until they suck me back in with wins vs KC and the Pats!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Best Player Available said:

It's not bleak to everyone. The team has a winning record. Probably won a game or two on pure emotion over talent levels. The coach and GM are rookies. Trying to find their way. My comment on sneaking in as the last wildcard then getting toasted in a road game ( yes it could happen). Is not something IMO I want to see.

I would rather wait and see what the new regime can do over the course of a couple of years. Does anyone think Peterman with Tolbert, Washington as a DT, etc. Will put fear in anyone in a playoff game? The board will meltdown. This is not remotely a team that can go deep in the playoffs. Isn't winning a Lombardi what long suffering fans really want? Or is simply getting in the playoffs good enough? Remember some predicted a 4-12 season. Lets get some players, fire a coach or two, and see these guys build a winner. Or watch them flame out like everyone before them. Then start over.  

But this is a rebuilding year, missing the most important player a franchise QB. That guy is not on the roster IMO. 

He likely won't be on the roster next year either. 

How did drafting EJ Manuel in 2013 work out?  Oh, yeah, having EJ allowed them to pass on Derek Carr.  :doh: What about trading back to draft JP Losman in 2004?   Even if they had wanted Aaron Rodgers, who lasted until #24, they'd already wasted their 2005 first rounder on Losman.   :doh:   This is also the same franchise that passed on DeShaun Watson to trade back to #27 to pick a DB to fill the hole created by not re-signing their former first round DB Stephon Gilmore.