Should White return kicks?

Tre White has proven to be a solid football player over the course only 9 games in his young career.  Why not expand his duties a little and let him return punts or kickoffs?  In college he had 3 kick returns for touchdowns.  We have seen a few decent returns this year but why not give this kid a shot too?  Who knows, he could become the next Patrick Peterson if he excels...or maybe he doesn't.  Worth a shot?

4 minutes ago, Finkle Is Einhorn said:

While I think he would be a good return man , it's not worth the injury risk 

Just because the Bills have the only return man in NFL that can not score when he gets ahead of every person on the return defense unit does not mean we need to risk injury to the best DB Bills have. A DB by the way that plays way too many snaps as is with D unable to ever get off the field.

1 hour ago, Buffalo30 said:

Tre White has proven to be a solid football player over the course only 9 games in his young career.  Why not expand his duties a little and let him return punts or kickoffs?  In college he had 3 kick returns for touchdowns.  We have seen a few decent returns this year but why not give this kid a shot too?  Who knows, he could become the next Patrick Peterson if he excels...or maybe he doesn't.  Worth a shot?

Given the current kickoff rules and arrangement I would say no.  While the risk of injury is not huge why take any risk?  The guy is likely going to be a member of your team into his second contract.  He is one building block so let’s keep him healthy if at all possible.

2 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

Star players all over the league have done it.  We need a little electricity on returns for a change.  When was the last time anyone was scared to kick to us?

Tate is a very good returner. Still. After a long time doing it. And if he gets hurt while returning it? Oh well he is the 5th or 6th wide receiver. 

3 hours ago, Finkle Is Einhorn said:

While I think he would be a good return man , it's not worth the injury risk 

absolutely can not afford to play that hand ever.

Times have changed.

You got a solid CB up and coming ? Good lord you protect that asset like it was your Mom.

never get greedy

Tate or someone else is fine.

3 hours ago, Commonsense said:

I don't like star players returning kicks unless it's a playoff game and you are desperate. Bills return guys are boring but they typically catch the ball, that's all I want.

yes. just catch the damn ball and don't lose yards. Sometimes thats plenty enough

2 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

Star players all over the league have done it.  We need a little electricity on returns for a change.  When was the last time anyone was scared to kick to us?

why risk it when the other two features of the game suck? 

Seriously. try some PS speedster out

2 hours ago, Clyde Smith said:

No, but i think Thompson should. He's a KR also, why not!

yep this is a good call Clyde

2 minutes ago, JM57 said:

Tate is a very good returner. Still. After a long time doing it. And if he gets hurt while returning it? Oh well he is the 5th or 6th wide receiver. 

While he's been okay, there has been very little excitement on returns.  I liked McKelvin even though he fumbled, he hit the home run a few times.  Our starting field position has been horrid.

I think that unless the kickoff fails to reach the end zone nobody ought to be returning it.  Down it in the end zone and you're on the 25 yard line.  I can't count the number of kickoffs  returned from between 3 and 5 yards deep in the end zone that resulted in the offense having to start from around the 15 - 20 yard line, not just Buffalo, but across the league.   For every time where the returner breaks off a big one, there are probably 15 to 20 that end up short of the 25, not to mention you're exposing a bunch of players to an injury risk.