I Feel Like the Season is Over

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

It’s funny to me how the often repeated buzz phrase of the hour is that our lack of depth was suddenly “exposed.” Denver, Oakland, and Atlanta played the same roster. Did they not read the exposé? Or it was time released? Someone found the time capsule on week 9? The same team was on tape. Same repetitive calls by Dennison. Same Tyrod. If we’re that terrible, then every team we’ve beaten should fire their coaches.

Not even sure why anyone would even want to make the playoffs with the way this group is playing, eek in to get absolutely decimated in the wild card? Tbh when we make it I'd rather not have it be a WC or first round exit, making it just to make it and end the drought feels lackluster IMO.

Edited by paulbills

2 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

It is over. 

Except it's not. 8-8 or 9-7 wil lget the sixth seed, which Buffalo controls right now. There are four winnable games left. They lose to SD without Rivers, or maybe even with him-there is no home field edge there-then it's probably done.

This is the time of year that is all too familiar with all of us.

I watch the game and hope the Bills win.

I come to this forum and get the latest scoop.

But in my heart I know it's probably over.

After the Super Bowl years I used to get upset over losses.

Now I just sigh and move on. Very little emotional commitment.

If they sneak into the playoffs, I will be very happy.  I might even say I never doubted them.

Within a week or two we will know whether this season is really over.

If that happens, I will try to get excited for next year but unless there is some meaningful signing, I will not get caught up in the manufactured hype.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
1 minute ago, Gray Beard said:

This is the time of year that is all too familiar with all of us.

I watch the game and hope the Bills win.

I come to this forum and get the latest scoop.

But in my heart I know it's probably over.

After the Super Bowl years I used to get upset over losses.

Now I just sigh and move on. Very little emotional commitment.

If they sneak into the playoffs, I will be very happy.  I might even say I never doubted them.

Within a week or two we will know whether this season is really over.

If that happens, I will try to get excited for next year but unless there is some meaningful signing, I will not get caught up in the manufactured hype.

Unfortunately I am the same way.

2 hours ago, JM2009 said:

Except it's not. 8-8 or 9-7 wil lget the sixth seed, which Buffalo controls right now. There are four winnable games left. They lose to SD without Rivers, or maybe even with him-there is no home field edge there-then it's probably done.

I respect ur optimism JM....I really do....but after watching the team quit on the fans Sunday they don’t deserve our emotional investment imo.

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I respect ur optimism JM....I really do....but after watching the team quit on the fans Sunday they don’t deserve our emotional investment imo.

You're probably right. Believe me, another effort like the last two this Sunday, I quit.

Edited by JM2009

8 hours ago, TheElectricCompany said:

It's mid November and we are IN CONTROL of a playoff slot. I'm not freaking out. 

well you should b/c we are losing the next 3 games

bills fans are the most delusional bunch in the league i swear.

this team is done. they have no creativity on offense and can't stop the run bc they traded a pro bowl DT for pennies. 

3 hours ago, JM2009 said:

You're probably right. Believe me, another effort like the last two this Sunday, I quit.

I wont ever quit. my enthusiasm will be tempered. optimism will remain faded. the thing is, especially for we long time fans, we've seen this show. it's like a wore out rerun. I wont lie, McD & Co fooled me, drew me in to start believing. should of known, just a fresh face with a fresh take (trust the process) on what they're going to do with this bills team. I bought it until the jets game but even as bad as it was, I'm thinking fluke, they'll surely bounce back at home and end the saints winning streak. false hopes I'll tell ya.

Certainly a win could keep a slight bit of hope but 7 short days later, kc in their house. never been too many good results going in there. then a home game against the pats**. hell, I can already feel that sick feeling of being beat down by brady (26-3) and McD getting schooled by the master.

season isn't over, it may be for the bills as far as post season depending on the next three weeks. if they're 5-7 Dec 3rd, no way they win four straight. seen it before with these rebuilds, not the talent to hang with the big dogs and hope they can hit in the draft. then, three years, rinse repeat. I know well enough I need to see what they do this off season but what a hell of a way for a rookie HC/GM to get spanked in the early going in their tenure. 6 rushing tds last game. 500 yrds rushed against them in the last two games. motivating? 

how many times do you hear must win. this game Sunday is a must win!

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

31 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I wont ever quit. my enthusiasm will be tempered. optimism will remain faded. the thing is, especially for we long time fans, we've seen this show. it's like a wore out rerun. I wont lie, McD & Co fooled me, drew me in to start believing. should of known, just a fresh face with a fresh take (trust the process) on what they're going to do with this bills team. I bought it until the jets game but even as bad as it was, I'm thinking fluke, they'll surely bounce back at home and end the saints winning streak. false hopes I'll tell ya.

Certainly a win could keep a slight bit of hope but 7 short days later, kc in their house. never been too many good results going in there. then a home game against the pats**. hell, I can already feel that sick feeling of being beat down by brady (26-3) and McD getting schooled by the master.

season isn't over, it may be for the bills as far as post season depending on the next three weeks. if they're 5-7 Dec 3rd, no way they win four straight. seen it before with these rebuilds, not the talent to hang with the big dogs and hope they can hit in the draft. then, three years, rinse repeat. I know well enough I need to see what they do this off season but what a hell of a way for a rookie HC/GM to get spanked in the early going in their tenure. 6 rushing tds last game. 500 yrds rushed against them in the last two games. motivating? 

how many times do you hear must win. this game Sunday is a must win!

I don't think I've ever seen you so down '73.....you're usually one of the few waving the flag of hope when things look bleak......and I mean that as a compliment....

• Thank you (+1) 1

We clearly need to get much better on offense. Adding a QB and some help on the OL and at RB will fix that. What we really need to save the season is a run defense. Right now, our front 7 is terrible. Hughes is playing very well and Kyle remains average. Lorenzo has been average too. The rest of that front 7 is VERY weak. We're going to get pushed around a lot until next offseason when we can hopefully resolve these issues.

Probably looking at 9-7 or 8-8 and narrowly missing the playoffs.  We’re better than the Phins (x2) and Colts - and we’re better than a River-less Chargers team -but not KC or the Cheats (x2) though.  The cupboard is not bare, but there is plenty of work to be done to challenge for a title.