I Feel Like the Season is Over

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

While I don't think the Bills make the playoffs people's perceptions will change if the Bills beat the Chargers and the Ravens lose to the Pack. That happens and suddenly the Bills chances look much, much better.

• Like (+1) 1

It was over on opening day. The Bills record is a mirage, masked by turnovers. The best thing to do is "TANK". Franchise QB or bust, Tyrod sucks and if Petermen was that great he would of won the job in preseason.  They will beat INDY and MIAMI at home and that is it. Another 7-9 season.

7 minutes ago, phypon said:

So it comes down to beating 3 teams without their starting QB in order to limp into the playoffs.  What does that really prove or do for this team moving forward?  This team is done.  Apparently it's come to the point where people are actually rooting for 8-8??  That's cra cra!!

It gets them into the playoffs and breaks the string.

6 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

It was over on opening day. The Bills record is a mirage, masked by turnovers. The best thing to do is "TANK". Franchise QB or bust, Tyrod sucks and if Petermen was that great he would of won the job in preseason.  They will beat INDY and MIAMI at home and that is it. Another 7-9 season.

They can beat Miami and the Chargers on the road, too. Rivers probably won't play. 9-7

Just now, JM2009 said:

They can beat Miami and the Chargers on the road, too. Rivers probably won't play. 9-7

The problem is they need to win EVERY game in which they have a legit chance to win. This team can't be counted on to do that. They couldn't beat the Jets or Cincy. More likely is they split the games they can win and lose to NE (x2) and KC. 7-9.

Brissett is playing much better in recent weeks, so the Colts definitely aren't guaranteed wins, and the Chargers always beat us away. I could see us sweeping the Dolphins or getting swept, it's a toss up, so may as well say split there. 

The Pats will annihilate this team, no doubt about that. 

The WORST thing I can possibly think of for the rest of this season is what Kareem Hunt will do to this defense. I could see 200+ yards on us EASY. If it's not a blowout by the 4th quarter, this guy could be the first RB to rush for over 300 yards in a single game.

It was supposed to be over week 1.  This is yet another year 1 of a rebuild cycle.  The D got way more turnovers than is sustainable for a season in the first few weeks, combined with it being the softer part of the schedule, gave then a deceiving record.  Bills fans are hungry for any success so they jumped on this start as a playoff run, ignoring what they knew before the season began.

The Bills were never meant to make the playoffs this year, if they do, treat it as a gift from the gods.  But don't expect it yet.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Hey, it's that time in the month of November where the Bills hold their own destiny. Lol, I'm familiar with this story. Even without P.Rivers playing I still don't think this team can win on the road, especially with what we have seen the past 2 games. Would'nt surprise me to see a couple more blow out losses at home either.

But hey, we'll see what happens right....I mean you got to trust the process.

3 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Hey, it's that time in the month of November where the Bills hold their own destiny. Lol, I'm familiar with this story. Even without P.Rivers playing I still don't think this team can win on the road, especially with what we have seen the past 2 games. Would'nt surprise me to see a couple more blow out losses at home either.

But hey, we'll see what happens right....I mean you got to trust the process.

They really do control more of it then in recent years, due to the lousy AFC.

39 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Darby was a man guy and not a zone guy.  Ragland was more a 3-4 guy and showed little in preseason.

I understand both those opinions, and not to say you or anyone who espouses such belief is wrong, but looking at the current situation, do you really think they couldn't positively contribute to the Defense? Regardless of Darby's strength, I believe he would certainly be better than Leonard Pitts and Ragland may have a more natural fit to the 3-4, but hard to believe he couldn't have spelled Brown as MLB or helped Humber or Lorax at outside assignments. 

My point is that getting rid of those two guys, given the lack of depth in both of those position groups made less sense to me, not that I didn't understand the perspective or "hated" the move, it just was unwise IMHO. 

1 minute ago, BigBuff423 said:

I understand both those opinions, and not to say you or anyone who espouses such belief is wrong, but looking at the current situation, do you really think they couldn't positively contribute to the Defense? Regardless of Darby's strength, I believe he would certainly be better than Leonard Pitts and Ragland may have a more natural fit to the 3-4, but hard to believe he couldn't have spelled Brown as MLB or helped Humber or Lorax at outside assignments. 

My point is that getting rid of those two guys, given the lack of depth in both of those position groups made less sense to me, not that I didn't understand the perspective or "hated" the move, it just was unwise IMHO. 

Darby I'd say yes.  Ragland I'd say no.  Ragland simply didn't show much at all in preseason and the guys on the roster played much better.