I Feel Like the Season is Over

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

17 minutes ago, MichFan said:

Need to win:

Chargers

Colts

Dolphins

Dolphins

That gets them to 9 wins and possibly a playoff spot. If they can pull one out against KC or Pats that almost guarantees playoffs. Cincy and Jets losses looming large, unfortunately.

Sadly, the team thats shown up the last 2 weeks could easily lose all 4 of those games.  A few weeks ago, I had those penciled in as confident wins, now who really knows.  Colts are not a walk over anymore, Chargers are much better than their record after losing a slew of games by narrow end of game blunders, and Dolphins are still a divisional foe and we have been playing as bad or worse than them the last 2 weeks as it is.  

These 4 games plus the Jets game had me feeling pretty good about the playoff hopes, plus the Pats earlier seemed beatable (not so much anymore as the D made a massive turnaround).  But after the Jets bad loss and then the saints debacle, all these 4 games seem like work to get the W still.

What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

such a great quote..even though I do believe its over just couldn't resist

maybe for the next home game everyone shoud dress up as Bluto..that will inspire the players or at least give everyone a good chuckle

1 hour ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

I hate to say it but I really do feel like we are a dead team walking.  It is eerily similar to the 2011 campaign and the Trent Edwards year where we started 5-2.  We haven't won to the Chargers away since 1981 and I really feel we are going to go into the game with our unimaginative offense and probably get owned.  Seriously how many regimes are going to come through here and not realize that throwing the ball downfield is very important to winning football games.  Multiple check downs on 3rd and long.  Mike Tolbert being the number 2 target in the offense.  The swing screen passes to McCoy that never go for more than 2 yards.  WTF is going on?  Is it Dennison or is it Tyrod or both?  I really have no faith in these guys to get it done because they don't seem to learn from their ass whoopings.  They just do the same stuff that always fails.  I hope to God I am wrong but I think we are in for another rough day Sunday.

Ah to be a Bills fan. It looks terrible right now, and there's nothing we do better than pessimistically scrutinize everything, myself included. We are probably the most critical fans every week of the season in the NFL. But no matter what we need to let them play out the season and prove us one way or the other. And we, usually at the expense of our mental health, support them nonetheless. 

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

I agree OP.  We may be in a playoff spot right now, but the wheels are falling off. 

I issue this challenge to anyone with hope:

Name the identity of this team or something we do really well.  We can’t stop the run or pass.  We can’t pass nor run the ball.  

Unless theres some magic spark that wakes these guys up, it’s over 

Punt, kick off, field goals, and press conference cliches.

Edited by CodeMonkey

It's as if there is an aversion to Offensive minded coaches being the HC in Buffalo since Levy. I mean honestly, it likes the lore of Buffalo being a blue-collar, hard-working city overtakes the demand of an Offensive coach, like McVay or Pederson of the Eagles (although he was hired last year) or Shanahan, etc. I love good Defense, and I'm very frustrated when I see the Defense give up big play after big play, but what is even MORE frustrating? To see an impotent Offense...unimaginative, lacking in production and boring. 

IMO, Tyrod shoulders much of the blame, but so does the Coaching staff. And I know they have to get more than just a year or even two, I keep getting older and more of the same bullsh*t keeps being cycled onto the field. I'm sick of it....

• Like (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Hyde and poyer are spending way too much time tackling running backs the past few week. 

Im fixated on the lines. I see lines that had been very stout now looking very submissive.  They have about two more games to get it fixed and then they are toast.  

Bad news is there aren't a whole lot of degrees of freedom at this point short of finding some instant gem  free agent or practice squad guy  

I too have been watching the lines with more intent, and it's like watching people push around a shopping cart. What I haven't been paying much attention to is the subbing and shifting of players along the line on defense. Kyle seems to have lost his quick burst off the snap, but the one thing that Worthy does best is get off the snap quickly, which has always reminded me of Kyle. Why hasn't he been getting more snaps? I know he's not an all pro or anything, but what they're doing now isn't working. Time to switch things up a bit, because the book is out.

I know it feels like it's doom and gloom. Especially bec. of the way we lost. So I went to work and looked at our competition for the 6th seed.

We got a chance if we take care of our own end. Forget the past. We still got enough talent to get the job done. 

9-7 or 8-8 gets into playoffs this year is my bet.

2 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Still have a playoff spot all ours though

Do the playoffs start Sunday? If not, it's really not ours or anyone else's. You think playing the Patriots twice, the Chiefs away, the Dolphins twice & the Chargers away (who we haven't beaten since '81 outside of Buffalo) is going to yield desired results?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

I too have been watching the lines with more intent, and it's like watching people push around a shopping cart. What I haven't been paying much attention to is the subbing and shifting of players along the line on defense. Kyle seems to have lost his quick burst off the snap, but the one thing that Worthy does best is get off the snap quickly, which has always reminded me of Kyle. Why hasn't he been getting more snaps? I know he's not an all pro or anything, but what they're doing now isn't working. Time to switch things up a bit, because the book is out.

Interesting obversvation. I've noticed more than once Adolphus getting handled by one guard or center fairly easily in the run. 

Im no line expert but my minuscule understanding of d line play is if you can get outmuscled on even one gap consistently you have to start over compensating by reassigning guys to support from other gaps and it all snowballs from there. 

15 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

It's as if there is an aversion to Offensive minded coaches being the HC in Buffalo since Levy. I mean honestly, it likes the lore of Buffalo being a blue-collar, hard-working city overtakes the demand of an Offensive coach, like McVay or Pederson of the Eagles (although he was hired last year) or Shanahan, etc. I love good Defense, and I'm very frustrated when I see the Defense give up big play after big play, but what is even MORE frustrating? To see an impotent Offense...unimaginative, lacking in production and boring. 

IMO, Tyrod shoulders much of the blame, but so does the Coaching staff. And I know they have to get more than just a year or even two, I keep getting older and more of the same bullsh*t keeps being cycled onto the field. I'm sick of it....

It really feels like the reason behind "more of the same bullsh*t being cycled onto the field," is because every time a new staff comes in, they gut the talent on the roster because they're not "their guys" and "they don't fit the scheme." We get rid of young talent the other staff added, then use a couple years worth of draft picks replacing those holes. We never "build" anything. We're perpetually stuck in neutral.

1 minute ago, BigDingus said:

It really feels like the reason behind "more of the same bullsh*t being cycled onto the field," is because every time a new staff comes in, they gut the talent on the roster because they're not "their guys" and "they don't fit the scheme." We get rid of young talent the other staff added, then use a couple years worth of draft picks replacing those holes. We never "build" anything. We're perpetually stuck in neutral.

It's a fair point....sometimes I do think the talent needs to be overhauled, but there are other times I think HCs and GMs just get rid of players because like you said, they're not "their guys". I understand the Sammy trade, especially in light of comments he made after he left, and the Dareus thing because the contract was so cost prohibitive to signing other players and what production you received in return was insufficient. But, I liked Darby and Ragland, those are two I don't understand at this point. 

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

It's not over, but these next two games are must wins.  If we lose just one of them, our margin of error is pretty much zero going into the Miami and NE games, neither of which are 'give mes'.

No. Beat the Chargers, lose to KC and both NE games. Beat Miami twice and the Colts. WC

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

It's a fair point....sometimes I do think the talent needs to be overhauled, but there are other times I think HCs and GMs just get rid of players because like you said, they're not "their guys". I understand the Sammy trade, especially in light of comments he made after he left, and the Dareus thing because the contract was so cost prohibitive to signing other players and what production you received in return was insufficient. But, I liked Darby and Ragland, those are two I don't understand at this point. 

Darby was a man guy and not a zone guy.  Ragland was more a 3-4 guy and showed little in preseason.

16 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Do the playoffs start Sunday? If not, it's really not ours or anyone else's. You think playing the Patriots twice, the Chiefs away, the Dolphins twice & the Chargers away (who we haven't beaten since '81 outside of Buffalo) is going to yield desired results?

The Chargers are not that good and Rivers probably won't play. And there will be more Bills fans there than Chargers fans. It doesn't matter if they lose to NE or KC. Just beat Miami and the Colts and the Chargers. Not hard to figure out.

Edited by JM2009

So it comes down to beating 3 teams without their starting QB in order to limp into the playoffs.  What does that really prove or do for this team moving forward?  This team is done.  Apparently it's come to the point where people are actually rooting for 8-8??  That's cra cra!!