I Feel Like the Season is Over

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Aside from having to travel west, I suspect the crowd will be in our favor Sunday. Not that it will change the game, but I think it matters a little. This is the 'show me' game for Tyrod. Even if Rivers plays, can you really consider him 100% if he's a handful of days removed from a concussion? 

I agree OP.  We may be in a playoff spot right now, but the wheels are falling off. 

I issue this challenge to anyone with hope:

Name the identity of this team or something we do really well.  We can’t stop the run or pass.  We can’t pass nor run the ball.  

Unless theres some magic spark that wakes these guys up, it’s over 

• Sad 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Sorry. I hope you find something to entertain yourself with your newfound free time!

I'm still going to watch.  I still love the Bills like a family member but that doesn't cloud my mind to the fact that I have seen this before and they seem to be sticking to the offensive philosophy that have been losing with since Bledsoe left, save the Orton year.

Just now, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

I'm still going to watch.  I still love the Bills like a family member but that doesn't cloud my mind to the fact that I have seen this before and they seem to be sticking to the offensive philosophy that have been losing with since Bledsoe left, save the Orton year.

If you're still watching then it isn't over.

Season is very long, a win next week we are in a good spot and  this year the 6th spot will be a 9 win team...look at  the AFC teams and their records. That said a loss is more damaging to their mental state and that i worry about. Tough schedule when you have the Patriots twice and other teams don't- need to over come it. While it's far from embarrassing to not make it after 5-2 we will play it up like it is 

4 minutes ago, CardinalScotts said:

Season is very long, a win next week we are in a good spot and  this year the 6th spot will be a 9 win team...look at  the AFC teams and their records. That said a loss is more damaging to their mental state and that i worry about. Tough schedule when you have the Patriots twice and other teams don't- need to over come it. While it's far from embarrassing to not make it after 5-2 we will play it up like it is 

I HATE the fact that I worry about this football team's mental state. The Bills are the NFL's teenage daughter.

• Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

The issue here is lack of talent.  Lets review: 

Offense:  WR's are decently talented (Benjamin and Matthews)   TE: Talent: (Clay, O'Leary a nice second TE).  OL: depends on the day of the week.  QB: talent-deficient.  TT is not a franchise QB or even a capable QB.  56 yards passing--including the "garbage time" that he played before Peterman entered.  Can't win without a capable QB.  RB: McCoy may have slowed down a bit, but on a team with a QB that can prevent an 8 man box, he excells.  Backup RB--who needs one when you have Tolbert.  OC: NO TALENT!!

Defense: zero playmakers on the DL.  Shaq is a very solid player, but not the type to disrupt other games.  K. Williams is over the hill.  LB's.  Zero playmakers.  P. Brown is solid, but that's it.  Secondary: hard to judge when the QB has ALL DAY to throw the ball.  But White and Hyde look legit, and Poyer looks decent.  The rest have been injured (EJ Gaines) or otherwise okay.  

Making the Playoffs will require either: (a) Coaching miracle--happened prior to Jets game; or (b) massive QB improvement.  

Hyde and poyer are spending way too much time tackling running backs the past few week. 

Im fixated on the lines. I see lines that had been very stout now looking very submissive.  They have about two more games to get it fixed and then they are toast.  

Bad news is there aren't a whole lot of degrees of freedom at this point short of finding some instant gem  free agent or practice squad guy  

Need to win:

Chargers

Colts

Dolphins

Dolphins

That gets them to 9 wins and possibly a playoff spot. If they can pull one out against KC or Pats that almost guarantees playoffs. Cincy and Jets losses looming large, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

I hate to say it but I really do feel like we are a dead team walking.  It is eerily similar to the 2011 campaign and the Trent Edwards year where we started 5-2.  We haven't won to the Chargers away since 1981 and I really feel we are going to go into the game with our unimaginative offense and probably get owned.  Seriously how many regimes are going to come through here and not realize that throwing the ball downfield is very important to winning football games.  Multiple check downs on 3rd and long.  Mike Tolbert being the number 2 target in the offense.  The swing screen passes to McCoy that never go for more than 2 yards.  WTF is going on?  Is it Dennison or is it Tyrod or both?  I really have no faith in these guys to get it done because they don't seem to learn from their ass whoopings.  They just do the same stuff that always fails.  I hope to God I am wrong but I think we are in for another rough day Sunday.

Your negative feeling and outlook is more than warranted coming off not just 2 losses, but two utter embarrassing and non competitive losses, one of which was at home after a long week.  

I wasn't panicked after the Jets game...short week, maybe took them too lightly, at the Jets, divisional rival game where the entire Jets season was on the line as a loss to us in the division pretty much sealed their fate in regards to missing the playoffs.  Felt like a game where they had everything on the line and we just didn't match the urgency, focus, and intensity.  

However, the Saints game was really an important game on a number of levels.  One, we needed to show how we would respond after the embarrassing prime time debacle against the Jets.  Two, it was in our house where we are our toughest, undefeated on the season, highest scoring, and where Brees and the Saints are the weakest (outdoors on the road).  Funny thing happened along the way, Brees wasn't forced to throw anything, hell I could have QB'd the Saints to a dominant win on Sunday with the way our DL was utterly man handled all day and gashed for huge gains on the ground.  Making it worse, the OL was equally crushed...for the 2nd week in a row.  

Now we are on the road in what can be dubbed nothing but an absolute MUST WIN game.  This game is as important to our playoff hopes as the we were to the Jets last Thursday.  We lose this, there is almost no reasonable path to the playoffs given our remaining schedule and what we would need to do in order to still make the playoffs.  And make no mistake about it, the Charger game will be no easy feat, they are a tough opponent week in and week out, and of course their HC just happens to know every thing he needs to slow down TT and this offense.  ESPECIALLY since we cant seem to run the ball anymore with any effectiveness.  

I am normally a bit more optimistic than some dooms dayers around here (not saying you are one, just a general statement), but right now, its really hard to see us beating the Chargers on the road based on the last 2 weeks, not to mention how bad our D has been (bottom 4 in the league) since week 5.  

Sadly, I will be sitting in great seats in the 3rd row at the stadium this weekend to watch us seal our fate one way or the other.  Crazy, is it could be the end of our season/playoff hopes and even the end to the TT era if he struggles and we lose this game and fall mostly out of contention opening the door up to see what Peterman can do.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, MichFan said:

Need to win:

Chargers

Colts

Dolphins

Dolphins

That gets them to 9 wins and possibly a playoff spot. If they can pull one out against KC or Pats that almost guarantees playoffs. Cincy and Jets losses looming large, unfortunately.

Then it's over, did you watch the juggernaut Dolphins last night, or any of their previous games where they were shut out? How can you not be convinced they are a playoff lock and will sweep the Bills?