Saints' Cam Jordan: "We kept Taylor in the pocket and made him a quarterback"

Wayne Arnold

9 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

What is an OC supposed to do when the quarterback won't throw the ball? There's no adjustment for that.

Which makes it more difficult to throw the ball down the field and score a touchdown.

Yes there is ... Set his butt on the bench.

I'm not saying that Peterman will be better but at this point I don't think he can be worse. Tyrod is terrible out there and could be part of the reason the defense Quit yesterday.

51 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

When were the Saints outscored 47-10 like the Bills were Sunday?

Probably never. What does that have to do with anything?

My point was even hall of fame QBS can't get into the playoffs with bad defences,

Drew Brees has a defence this year and all of a sudden they already have the same amount of wins as last year

13 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

Yes there is ... Set his butt on the bench.

I'm not saying that Peterman will be better but at this point I don't think he can be worse. Tyrod is terrible out there and could be part of the reason the defense Quit yesterday.

you noticed that too, huh? i don't know for sure but it sure appeared to me like they were protesting of sorts. i don't know any other way you can explain the way they were getting manhandled out there. i have never seen a team get pushed around like the Bills were in that game. to be honest that game was way more embarassing than any game Rex got beat in. 

Edited by Foxx

3 hours ago, Foxx said:

you noticed that too, huh? i don't know for sure but it sure appeared to me like they were protesting of sorts. i don't know any other way you can explain the way they were getting manhandled out there. i have never seen a team get pushed around like the Bills were in that game. to be honest that game was way more embarassing than any game Rex got beat in. 

I'm thinking the same, the D is sick of Tyrod IMO, I wonder if McD will get the memo before it's too late.

Didn't Brees get like 40+ drives, a future HOF QB was handed a free ride because of Tyrod. Want to win against a great QB he has to be on the bench while your offense is eating the clock and on the field not given drive after drive of good field position. Great QBs score all a D can do is slow them down and hope your offense can keep up so they can get a couple big stops, but when there is zero from your team its a blowout. Scary to think what Brady will do to us now.

Edited by xRUSHx

40 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

My point was even hall of fame QBS can't get into the playoffs with bad defences,

Drew Brees has a defence this year and all of a sudden they already have the same amount of wins as last year

No one is saying the defense is fine the way they have played the last two games.

The Saints have won double-digit games with average / slightly below-average defenses. The Bills will NEVER win double-digit games with average defense as long as Taylor is the starting quarterback. The limitations of Taylor requires a dominant defense to have a chance to win games.

9 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Could it be that the Saints are a much better team than the Bills? Na, couldn't be that.  Climate, war, disease-it's all TT fault. Everything bad in the world is TT fault. Holy cow you guys need help. It's a game. The man has never done anything personal to you. Maybe a QB change is needed, we'll see,but I'll support whoever is out there. WC is still possible.

3 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

No one is saying the defense is fine the way they have played the last two games.

The Saints have won double-digit games with average / slightly below-average defenses. The Bills will NEVER win double-digit games with average defense as long as Taylor is the starting quarterback. The limitations of Taylor requires a dominant defense to have a chance to win games.

Didn't have a dominant defense under RR, and yet the Bills won 15 games with TT.

2 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

Didn't have a dominant defense under RR, and yet the Bills won 15 games with TT.

Double-digit wins in a single season. 8-8 is the best he has done - and that was with an average defense and a perfect system built for him.

It would take a ton of fortune/luck for that to happen and it would result in one-and-done in the playoffs and would never happen again.

1 minute ago, JM2009 said:

Could it be that the Saints are a much better team than the Bills? Na, couldn't be that.  Climate, war, disease-it's all TT fault. Everything bad in the world is TT fault. Holy cow you guys need help. It's a game. The man has never done anything personal to you. Maybe a QB change is needed, we'll see,but I'll support whoever is out there. WC is still possible.

Jms,

i don''t know what game you watched but the game i watched, the Bills didn't belong on the same field as the Saints Sunday. it wasn't as close as the final score indicated. the Saints are not that much better than us. i would be hard pressed to find another game in which the other teams was pushed into the dirt as easily as the Bills were Sunday. their play can only be summed up as they did not want to be out there.

the disparity in teams within the NFL is not that great so having that in mind, what do you chalk up their lackluster play to? im genuinely interested to hear something else that makes sense because i just dont see another logical answer to that question.

22 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I agree with that. Of course TT doesn't even come close to Brees as Brees is possibly a top 10 QB who's ever played the game.

But his original point was that a QB like Brees can steal that game on Sunday if he were on the Bills.

And i pointed that even with a lousy defence, a hall of fame QB like Brees can't even get into the playoffs.

It takes a team to get into the playoffs, not just a very good quarterback.

And the Bills with Tyrod being mediocre, have a lousy team around him as well

3 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

Their defense the Super Bowl year was bad.  I don't disagree defense needs to be better but let's not pretend we have a QB that will do anything short of us having the 2000 Ravens defense.

2 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

I agree with that. Of course TT doesn't even come close to Brees as Brees is possibly a top 10 QB who's ever played the game.

But his original point was that a QB like Brees can steal that game on Sunday if he were on the Bills.

And i pointed that even with a lousy defence, a hall of fame QB like Brees can't even get into the playoffs.

It takes a team to get into the playoffs, not just a very good quarterback.

And the Bills with Tyrod being mediocre, have a lousy team around him as well

LOL, Brees won a Super Bowl with a bad defense in '09. 

5 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

Their defense the Super Bowl year was bad.  I don't disagree defense needs to be better but let's not pretend we have a QB that will do anything short of us having the 2000 Ravens defense.

Sorry just saw this. Spot on.

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

LOL, Brees won a Super Bowl with a bad defense in '09. 

Sorry just saw this. Spot on.

No he won a Superbowl with a very opportunistic defence. Including 5 turnovers in the NFC championship game, and a pick 6 to seal the Superbowl against Peyton Manning

9 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

Their defence was by far the best at creating turnovers. 5 turnovers in the NFC championship game.

They gave up yards and points but they consistently forced turnovers the whole year and wouldn't have went to The Superbowl if they didn't create 5 turnovers...