U of Tennessee search for a HC is a hot, #rogue mess

YoloinOhio

On 11/12/2017 at 6:21 PM, YoloinOhio said:

vols finally canned Butch Jones today. I think Gruden has been a target for them with each time they’ve had a HC opening. His wife was a cheerleader there.

Schiano was great at Rutgers, what's the problem.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Haha and UT has to pay him some kind of settlement because it was a signed contract 

Idiots

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Court docs were unsealed and it showed that McQueary testified that Bradley told him another coach expressed concern. later that coach was identified to be schiano. Bradley denied telling mcqueary that.  Schiano also denied --- not that it’s proof but that's where it laid...

Greg Schiano Out at Tennessee, and the Twitter Mob That Destroyed Him Was 100% Wrong

https://www.mediaite.com/online/the-twitter-mob-is-trying-to-destroy-greg-schiano-and-they-are-100-wrong/amp/

What is this McQueary incident?

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Lol at Vols fans - who is going to want to coach there now? The administration backs down because of twitter outrage over fake news.. and of course they would defend their prince Peyton all day, no questions asked. 

Maybe Peyton should coach.

Tenn is nuts.  What Schiano accomplish at Rutgers with Limited resources, limited compared to what Tenn can use, is simply amazing.  6 bowl games in the last 7 years and the only year they didn't make it was the year the kid got paralyzed and they lost every game after then injury . 

Marrone won 8 at Syracuse and bolted and was looking for sainthood.  What Schiano accomplished was far greater 

27 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Yeesh!

Does any coach dare take the job in Knoxville now?

A highly storied program with a passionate fan base, yes, they will attract a top flight coach.  Also, while not everybody’s cup of tea Knoxville is a great city to live in (though the coach is in the epitome of a glass house).  The program is still a huge talent draw on its own. 

4 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

If we're in Schiano's position I would get a fancy lawyer for a nice hefty settlement

Then go after Twitter to identify who started the Twitterstorm and its most aggressive flashmobsters and Sue them for libel

And whoever painted that rock on UT Campus - did you see that? How awful. 

56 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

If we're in Schiano's position I would get a fancy lawyer for a nice hefty settlement

Then go after Twitter to identify who started the Twitterstorm and its most aggressive flashmobsters and Sue them for libel

I would like to think that UT’s lawyers were smart enough to include exit terms in the MOA but who knows.  Having written them under very different situations they usually have weasel out language for both parties.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

I would like to think that UT’s lawyers were smart enough to include exit terms in the MOA but who knows.  Having written them under very different situations they usually have weasel out language for both parties.

You would think so... all I saw was that the two parties were “negotiating an exit strategy” last night, and that it “involved compensation.” The rumor was 20 mill but I just find that hard to believe. I am sure we will hear soon. 

Schiano is represented by Jimmy Sexton, who negotiated Marrone’s infamous exit language with the Bills

Edited by YoloinOhio

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.