The Fire Bell In The Night

Tiberius

Just now, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

That doesn't speak too highly of the prior eight years of hope and change.

It's just the political reality. Having the presidency made Democrats complacent. Obama was the best thing for Republicans in a long time, too. The pendulum is swinging back. Difference this time is many of those more diverse Americans are getting involved in the process for the first time. 

In many ways, we are a Democratic nation ruled by Republicans. The WH had more Democratic voters yet a Republican President. 

The House is Gerrymandered so even if 5-6% more Dems vote, GOP still wins. And then there is the Senate. Wyoming gets same number of Senators as California. 

2 hours ago, snafu said:

Unless (and I doubt it will happen) Nixon stays on the ballot. Hard left Progressives in NYC hate Cuomo that much. They must be thinking about it. 

I think she's on the working class families line. That is why I suggested she might peel off some votes in the general.

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

Maybe your problem is with the English language. Have you ever considered going back to your original language? Baby talk is much easier for you guys with a lobotomy.

You can never even make a serious argument. Really, you can't compete. Is that why you are so angry? 

9 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You can never even make a serious argument. Really, you can't compete. Is that why you are so angry? 

Have you no shame? If you are going to the trouble of posting something why not have it make sense? Well, in your case why not at least have it clearly state your non-sensical opinion?

MeToo-Ohio Demands Resignation of Senator Sherrod Brown After Revealing Allegations of Abuse Against Ex-Wife

With Election Day less than two months away on Nov. 6, Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH) finds himself caught in the net of the #MeToo movement.

A new PAC called Me Too Ohio launched a TV ad Thursday accusing Brown of physical and emotional abuse against his ex-wife during a messy divorce back in 1986 and is calling on the senator to immediately resign. In 1986 Brown was serving as Ohio Secretary of State.

#MeTooOhio says they are “striving to hold accountable the men who hold on to powerful positions while having a history of domestic violence of women.” The group is demanding Brown immediately resign from his U.S. Senate seat.

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

MeToo-Ohio Demands Resignation of Senator Sherrod Brown After Revealing Allegations of Abuse Against Ex-Wife

With Election Day less than two months away on Nov. 6, Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH) finds himself caught in the net of the #MeToo movement.

A new PAC called Me Too Ohio launched a TV ad Thursday accusing Brown of physical and emotional abuse against his ex-wife during a messy divorce back in 1986 and is calling on the senator to immediately resign. In 1986 Brown was serving as Ohio Secretary of State.

#MeTooOhio says they are “striving to hold accountable the men who hold on to powerful positions while having a history of domestic violence of women.” The group is demanding Brown immediately resign from his U.S. Senate seat.

must be a progressive lib waiting in the wings.

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

5 minutes ago, Foxx said:

must be a progressive lib waiting in the wings.

Nah.  The People's Party wouldn't approve of this.  Brown is a safe seat and he is a reliable vote for Chuckie.

My guess is either a Hail Mary by the Republican candidate or maybe an early warning shot from a potential 2020 Democratic Presidential candidate.

18 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

No legs 

Recchie has since backtracked on her repeated allegations, saying they were mere “angry words” as part of an “unfriendly” divorce, and the Daily Caller reports that Brown’s current wife says the whole idea that her husband could be abusive is “preposterous.”

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I think she's on the working class families line. That is why I suggested she might peel off some votes in the general.

Same reason why I predicted Ocasio might lose.  If Crowley (who is on the WPF line) takes votes away, and the moron Republican (who's not making any noise) puts forth an effort, then things get tight.

See, great minds do think like me.

• Haha (+1) 1

FiveThirtyEight reminds us:

There have been 114 opposition senators who have run in a midterm general election since 1982. Only four of the 114 (4 percent) lost. Most won by wide margins, with the average opposition senator beating the candidate of the president’s party by 28 percentage points. . . . In contrast, senators in the same party as the president running in midterm years — this will be Republicans in 2018 — lose fairly often. Of the 128 senators who fit this description, 25 (20 percent) lost re-election.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/17/politics/cnn-polls-arizona-tennessee-senate/index.html?utm_source=twCNNp&utm_content=2018-09-17T16%3A34%3A02&utm_medium=social&utm_term=image

WASHINGTON (CNN)Democrats hold an advantage in two states that are critical to the party's chances of taking control of the US Senate, according to new CNN polls conducted by SSRS. The surveys show Democratic Rep. Kyrsten Sinema and former Gov. Phil Bredesen leading their Republican opponents for open seats Arizona and Tennessee, where sitting Republican senators are retiring.

In Arizona, Sinema tops Republican Rep. Martha McSally by 7 points, 50% to 43% among likely voters, while in Tennessee, Bredesen holds a 5-point edge over Rep. Marsha Blackburn, 50% to 45% among likely voters there. Roughly 1 in 6 voters in each state say there's a chance they'll change their mind before Election Day.

11 minutes ago, B-Man said:

BLUE WAVE? Huge Upset for GOP in Texas: State Senate Seat Flips Red for First Time in 139 Years. 

“Apparently, Beto O’Rourke is sucking all of the oxygen out of the state’s Democratic Party resources.”

That damn dress he was wearing is probably killing him. 

That Cruz has a 54% approval rating is disturbing. 

The three debates should be somewhat interesting