Anthony Johnson

Buffalo716

1 hour ago, eball said:

I'm still waiting for the day when all football "times" are measured wearing pads and a helmet, and for offensive players, with and without carrying a football.

I don’t understand why they cant run some combine drills in pads

3 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Khalil Mack?

I said offensive Bull

4 hours ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

I am going to get killed here, but I don't like him as a fit.  I see him as Zay Jones without the separation right now.  Hope I am wrong.

I can't argue other than to say he catches anything that is within arm's reach. Who knows how that translates to the NFL, but I do feel he's be a great complement to Josh Allen. Tyree Jackson is a very similar QB so I'll bet there would be chemistry right off.  Plus Johnson, due to injury this year, drops down a few rounds.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I can't argue other than to say he catches anything that is within arm's reach. Who knows how that translates to the NFL, but I do feel he's be a great complement to Josh Allen. Tyree Jackson is a very similar QB so I'll bet there would be chemistry right off.  Plus Johnson, due to injury this year, drops down a few rounds.

What’s a few rounds to you?

i don’t see him making it out of the top 75

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I hope so, but I also want the Bills to draft him.

I’d love to draft him but they will probably have to pull the pick in the 3rd latest...

all it takes is 1 team to love him and if he runs in the 4.4s some where or even 4.50 he will be going sooner than later unfortunately 

7 hours ago, Seoul_panther said:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/11/22/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-anthony-johnson/

These guys see flaws in his game. If they’re right I wouldn’t draft him higher than the 3rd. He’s not in the league of Harmon or Metcalf as an athlete.

Too bad the #1 mistake that scouts make is thinking a better athlete = better football player... and he is a really good athlete too

that guy isn’t wrong on a lot of things but he obviously hasn’t watched him play much... because he doesn’t even know what his best attributes are.. “he probably thinks” it’s something . What scout or evaluator can’t pinpoint what a player does best 

well I’ve seen every snap of his career and I can tell you that he is faster than that guy thinks and you can’t measure heart

He runs good deep routes and gets open deep, catches with his hands and is a great YAC threat with good size...  he’d be great in the 3rd and can easily have the career of those guys 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

On 12/8/2018 at 1:21 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Too bad the #1 mistake that scouts make is thinking a better athlete = better football player... and he is a really good athlete too

that guy isn’t wrong on a lot of things but he obviously hasn’t watched him play much... because he doesn’t even know what his best attributes are.. “he probably thinks” it’s something . What scout or evaluator can’t pinpoint what a player does best 

well I’ve seen every snap of his career and I can tell you that he is faster than that guy thinks and you can’t measure heart

He runs good deep routes and gets open deep, catches with his hands and is a great YAC threat with good size...  he’d be great in the 3rd and can easily have the career of those guys 

If he did drop to the third, he'd be an absolute steal. Git'r dun, McBeane!

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, blacklabel said:

Wasn't he hurt during Senior Bowl week? I thought I had read something stating a current injury might limit him at the Combine and thus drop him down a round or two. And last I had read, he was viewed as a 2nd or 3rd round prospect.

I still hope the Bills take him. He'd be tailor made for Josh Allen. Playing two seasons with Tyree Jackson (big arm, suspect accuracy) makes him prepared for what's in Buffalo.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I still hope the Bills take him. He'd be tailor made for Josh Allen. Playing two seasons with Tyree Jackson (big arm, suspect accuracy) makes him prepared for what's in Buffalo.

I'm sure he's on Beane's radar being a local kid and all. The only drawback I've seen about him is he struggles to separate at times and the Bills have a few guys like that already. 

I need the Bills to draft AJ.  Maybe not Top-10 but they can wheel and deal, move down a bit, get an extra pick and grab him somewhere late 2nd, early 3rd.   I think he's going to be a productive pro WR,  not the fastest but very good hands and positioning/body control.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.