Anthony Johnson

Buffalo716

7 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Hope so, tired of watching this team flounder.

Haven't been good since Gill was HC, whatever happened to him?

Gill was awesome 

After the mac championship turner gil was a hot commodity . He was being seduced by schools all next year. He interviewed at Syracuse and Auburn before being hired by Kansas

Kansas is a dumpster fire and he only lasted 2 seasons there

now he is the HC at liberty where he has been winning conference championships

The most intriguing player on the Bulls is their qb, Tyree Jackson, who is 6'7"  and weighs 245 lbs,.. He can really wing the ball. He not only has a strong arm but when necessary demonstrate nice touch and good ball placement. Interesting player to watch. 

8 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The most intriguing player on the Bulls is their qb, Tyree Jackson, who is 6'7"  and weighs 245 lbs,.. He can really wing the ball. He not only has a strong arm but when necessary demonstrate nice touch and good ball placement. Interesting player to watch. 

I wouldn't say most intriguing 

Hes good but a long way from an NFL QB right now.  He has prototype size and athleticism 

but is very raw everywhere else 

at best he's a 5th round pick.

Anthony Johnson might go top 3 when all is said and done. He's the real deal 

UBs backup QB throws a more accurate football than Tyree. He has an NFL arm

11 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I wouldn't say most intriguing 

Hes good but a long way from an NFL QB right now.  He has prototype size and athleticism

but is very raw everywhere else 

at best he's a 5th round pick.

Anthony Johnson might go top 3 when all is said and done. He's the real deal 

UBs backup QB throws a more accurate football than Tyree. He has an NFL arm

I agree that the big and raw qb is a long way from being an immediate high end prospect. But he has the tools and at least the physical potential to play at the next level if he works on his game over the next couple years. 

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

I agree that the big and raw qb is a long way from being an immediate high end prospect. But he has the tools and at least the physical potential to play at the next level if he works on his game over the next couple years. 

For sure he does

He has great athleticism for a guy his size. Absolutely phenomenal 

he also couples that with a big arm. 

It was a great day for UB when they got him to sign his LOI

He has the looks of a MAC champion and is only a RS sophomore 

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

For sure he does

He has great athleticism for a guy his size. Absolutely phenomenal 

he also couples that with a big arm. 

It was a great day for UB when they got him to sign his LOI

He has the looks of a MAC champion and is only a RS sophomore 

The coach seems to be doing in a good job in accumulating talent. I would love to see this downtrodden team get some wins and move up the ranks. I'm not sure if with some success the currently apathetic students and locals would support this team. Would love to see it because there are so many losing teams in western NY that it is depressing. 

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

The coach seems to be doing in a good job in accumulating talent. I would love to see this downtrodden team get some wins and move up the ranks. I'm not sure if with some success the currently apathetic students and locals would support this team. Would love to see it because there are so many losing teams in western NY that it is depressing. 

UB spends millions on its football program

it is about to turn the corner...

the had absolutely the worst luck this year and could easily be a 9-10 win team.

they are absolutely loaded next year and should win the mac east and compete for the overall MAC championship 

Liepold is a great Xs and Os guy and has a great offensive system 

and it attracts a lot of talent that UB is spending tons of $$$ to capitalize on

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

the had absolutely the worst luck this year and could easily be a 9-10 win team.

they are absolutely loaded next year and should win the mac east and compete for the overall MAC championship 

and it attracts a lot of talent that UB is spending tons of $$$ to capitalize on

In the few times I have seen them they were a fun team to watch. A lot of offense and big plays. When you have a lot of young players you are going to have a lot of miscues. As I said before I would love to see them start winning and getting more attention. It starts with the student body. So far it doesn't seem too interested. Consistent winning and a good product should hopefully generate more enthusiasm and support. 

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

In the few times I have seen them they were a fun team to watch. A lot of offense and big plays. When you have a lot of young players you are going to have a lot of miscues. As I said before I would love to see them start winning and getting more attention. It starts with the student body. So far it doesn't seem too interested. Consistent winning and a good product should hopefully generate more enthusiasm and support. 

Its just always been that way at UB. They are starting to get more of a crowd but The stadium is just second rate 

they are building a indoor football complex for practice and such that is costing tens of millions of dollars

the boosters are spending money and the coach is recruiting 

they will be a constant winner soon but I'm not sure if it will affect the number of people at the game by that much

its a family atmosphere. Good for children and kids that you want to experience a game of football 

not really a top shelf college experience 

but they will be a consistently good program soon

12 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Gill was awesome 

After the mac championship turner gil was a hot commodity . He was being seduced by schools all next year. He interviewed at Syracuse and Auburn before being hired by Kansas

Kansas is a dumpster fire and he only lasted 2 seasons there

now he is the HC at liberty where he has been winning conference championships

Can't believe he didn't go to Auburn, you always go with the big school.

9 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Can Leipold OC the Bills :)

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Can't believe he didn't go to Auburn, you always go with the big school.

Can Leipold OC the Bills :)

He would be phenomenal 

He runs one of the most QB friendly systems in the nation 

lots of motions and floods the field perfectly. Stresses the defense vertically and horizontally with lots of PA

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.