Christmas/Holiday Thread

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 12:40 PM, teef said:

some my happiest times were when i lived in a tiny apartment in buffalo.  it was almost a glorified studio.  i never worried about a thing.  

oh man...this exactly where we're at.  it ends up costing a lot to put on events like that.  sure people bring stuff over to help, but the hosts always end up taking the hit.  once the family knows the house works for larger events, you become the go to for every damn function and party under the sun.  i do like having family and friends over, but i hate missing out.  comparing it to a wedding is perfect.  in my defense though, i enjoyed my wedding.  everyone kept telling me i wouldn't have any fun at mine because it's just so busy.  well...i spent about half of it shaking hands and saying hi.  for the second half i said screw it, and got plastered with my friends.  my wife had to send someone to come get me to cut the cake.  she was not happy, but she knew what she was getting into.  maybe i'll use that same strategy for thanksgiving.

Haha sounds like my wedding.  We had a video person filming the wedding reception & at the end when he is interviewing my wife & I she pretty much had to hold me up when I was mumbling & slurring words to thank our parents.  I always tell her everybody makes mistakes in life, unfortunately you made a big one when you decided to marry me.  Ah after 16 years of wedding bliss, we are as happy as ever.

3 hours ago, Gordio said:

Haha sounds like my wedding.  We had a video person filming the wedding reception & at the end when he is interviewing my wife & I she pretty much had to hold me up when I was mumbling & slurring words to thank our parents.  I always tell her everybody makes mistakes in life, unfortunately you made a big one when you decided to marry me.  Ah after 16 years of wedding bliss, we are as happy as ever.

stay strong!

3 hours ago, Gordio said:

good for you.  it's an absurdly expensive party, so !@#$ it.  have fun.

The stuff in stores is driving me crazy.  It's not because I don't like it though.  I've been in my first house for a little over two years now.  I'm still trying to figure out my best setup for Christmas decorations, so the damn stores keep giving me too many ideas.

On 11/9/2017 at 12:03 PM, teef said:

at one point i loved thanksgiving...until we started hosting it.  we bought our forever house a few years ago, and made sure it had enough room for holiday throwdowns.  mistake numero uno.  45 people come over, eat our ****, drink my booze, and !@#$ my house up.  i don't think i've actually eaten a full dinner in 3 years.  i honestly just want to go out to eat at this point. 

What's a "forever house?"

Is that like a Forever Door?

7 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

It's usually the last house a young(er) couple ever plans on buying.  To raise a family in, grow old in, etc.

28 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

It's usually the last house a young(er) couple ever plans on buying.  To raise a family in, grow old in, etc.

middle class entitled American humblebrag

Edited by row_33

On 11/9/2017 at 11:03 AM, teef said:

at one point i loved thanksgiving...until we started hosting it.  we bought our forever house a few years ago, and made sure it had enough room for holiday throwdowns.  mistake numero uno.  45 people come over, eat our ****, drink my booze, and !@#$ my house up.  i don't think i've actually eaten a full dinner in 3 years.  i honestly just want to go out to eat at this point. 

A " forever house". 

I see you have ties to watching"House Hunters" on HGTV too.

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

what in the world is a forever door?

1 hour ago, LeviF91 said:

yes.  i'm 40, and this house is !@#$ing it.

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

middle class entitled American humblebrag

also yes.

On 11/9/2017 at 12:03 PM, teef said:

45 people...I would end up pulling out a gun by just after pie time.had 11 over last year and I was clock watching by 6.and the dishwasher broke..none of the nieces helped out with dishes.no mas.no grins,bride agrees.good luck