[closed]Does anyone actually pay for the Buffalo News' Bills Coverage?

BuffaloRush

Nothing annoys me more than when I'm scanning through my Twitter TL and click an article with an interesting headline, only to get redirected to the Buffalo News site asking me to pay for a subscription to read it.

I am sorry but I find the idea of paying for the Buffalo News' online coverage to be a tad bit excessive and it's something I'm not willing.  Don't get me wrong - the BN Blitz team is fantastic with excellent writers like Vic Carucci, Tim Graham, Jay Skurski and yes everyone favorite Jerry Sullivan.  But I don't feel that it's worth the $2.99/month that they are trying to charge.   Maybe it's just me, but it annoys me when companies start charging for content that has always been free.

Just my two cents - but curious to know what fellow Bills fans thinks.  I will not pay the $2.99 a month and instead will rely on coverage from other media outlets.    

4 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Nothing annoys me more than when I'm scanning through my Twitter TL and click an article with an interesting headline, only to get redirected to the Buffalo News site asking me to pay for a subscription to read it.

I am sorry but I find the idea of paying for the Buffalo News' online coverage to be a tad bit excessive and it's something I'm not willing.  Don't get me wrong - the BN Blitz team is fantastic with excellent writers like Vic Carucci, Tim Graham, Jay Skurski and yes everyone favorite Jerry Sullivan.  But I don't feel that it's worth the $2.99/month that they are trying to charge.   Maybe it's just me, but it annoys me when companies start charging for content that has always been free.

Just my two cents - but curious to know what fellow Bills fans thinks.  I will not pay the $2.99 a month and instead will rely on coverage from other media outlets.    

Seriously? Again? My brother...use the search function to find Buffalo News threads. 

1 minute ago, BuffaloRush said:

I'm new here

It’s a big magnifying glass and symbolizes “search” or, in the alternative, “are there any threads here which B word about paid subscription sports news?”  It’s not meant to burn ants or paper capgun caps...but glad you joined the board. By the way, I’m being nicer than some of the guys will be as you’ll soon experience. Go Bills!!

Just now, BuffaloRush said:

Thanks for your passive aggressive response.  You would never be a McDermott guy. 

I did search the term "Buffalo News" and "$2.99" and SURPRISE....zero results were returned.  So I started a new thread...sue me

Try not to use a detailed search like “buffalo news 2.99 kitty meow lamp waaaaa” ....just simplify it with “buffalo news”. I got 174 results. 

6 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Give me a break....I search and didn't find anything. 

I’m not being nasty, I swear. But just reading what takes place here for a bit would let you know that has been hashed out numerous times. We’ve had some people who only start new threads, and never go elsewhere because, well, if they didn’t start it what good could it be? A lot of little nuances in play here that will come with time. And again...welcome. 

Nevermind I found it - TBD is taking a lot of heat for promoting TBN paid articles LOL

Just now, Augie said:

I’m not being nasty, I swear. But just reading what takes place here for a bit would let you know that has been hashed out numerous times. We’ve had some people who only start new threads, and never go elsewhere because, well, if they didn’t start it what good could it be? A lot of little nuances in play here that will come with time. And again...welcome. 

I didn't realize there were so many rules

1 minute ago, BuffaloRush said:

Nevermind I found it - TBD is taking a lot of heat for promoting TBN paid articles LOL

I didn't realize there were so many rules

Starting multiple threads on the same topic has been a very real problem, hence it’s become a touchy subject. That seems to be Rule #1. Nice start!!!  :D

Just now, Augie said:

Starting multiple threads on the same topic has been a very real problem, hence it’s become a touchy subject. That seems to be Rule #1. Nice start!!!  :D

I guess but that's akin to complaining about getting wet in a rain storm.  This is a message board with thousands of members.  It's going to happen. Seems silly to go crazy about that

Just now, BuffaloRush said:

I guess but that's akin to complaining about getting wet in a rain storm.  This is a message board with thousands of members.  It's going to happen. Seems silly to go crazy about that

You ain’t seen crazy YET!  And because there are so many posters is the exact reason that it’s become something that is heavily self-policed. The mods are great, and will shut duplicates down in time, but it’s been an ongoing issue so pay attention and use search before starting anything. 

I’ve been around a while and can count on one hand the threads I’ve started. Someone has covered just about everything.