Tyrod is a franchise QB

Domdab99

Romo was even calling out Tyrod for holding the ball too long, saying multiple times he needs to learn how to throw the ball away. Franchise QBs know when to throw the ball away.

Hold on...stop. If he kept throwing the ball away you would be criticizing him for that too. Lets not pretend you and the other pundits would approve him chucking the ball out of bounds.

Second, its factually not true. Not only on most of his sacks were there MULTIPLE defenders on top of him, literally pushing our own OL into TT's body, but TT's legs kept many more sacks from happening where he made plays down field.

The Romo criticisms everyone is conveniently misremembering was when TT was driving the field using the short to intermediate routes over the middle while there was single coverage on the outside. Romo kept pointing out on that drive that Jets were leaving single coverage, and that even though TT was completing passes for first downs, given the clock and points down, he needed to take advantage of the outside single coverage and go for the deeper routes. A few plays later, TT did just that on the DT TD pass.

Yet people are now taking those late game comments and spreading those criticisms over the entire game.

If that comes with Dennison then he needs to go. Even JM

audibled out and took advantage of 1 on 1 outside for a touchdown.

Is Taylor the guy that can do it and do it well? Who knows, we haven't seen it with any of his OC's.

They do need an OC and QB that can execute at that level and trust eachother enough to do so.

Yeah, I thought it was crazy. Fwiw, here is the article: https://www.profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/30/kubiak-schaub-couldnt-audible-out-of-very-very-poor-play/amp/

By my count there were two sacks wholly or partly on TT plus the fumble... but at least 4 pressures that are sacks on almost anyone else that he got out of.

Yeah, thats about the same take away I had. Also, I dont fault TT on the fumble. He escaped the pocket and kept his eyes down field and the ball in position to throw. The pursuit of the defender got to his hand before he could find an opening trying to make a play. So hard to fault him for having the ball in position to throw while escaping a broken pocket and looking to make a play down field given there was a defender in front of him keeping him from running. The pursuing defender came off a block and closed quickly from his backside and wasn't a result of TT being careless.

Hmm. I don't know about this, how do you figure?

He lost his top 3 receivers from last year and his top target this year for half of the games. The offense thus far has been Shady and Tyrod. They have Ha day to make all of the plays. Now, with Benjamin here, Zay developing and Clay getting back it may lighten up some. Do you actually disagree with that??

Look at the above and start watching and learning football. Almost every post from you is wrong. You may have the least accurate takes on this entire board. If you can look at the last year and a half and say that Cam is a franchise QB now but Tyrod cant be you arent paying attention. You lie but numbers dont.

Cam:

3× Pro Bowl (2011, 2013, 2015)First-team All-Pro (2015)NFL Most Valuable Player (2015)NFL Offensive Player of the Year (2015)Bert Bell Award (2015)NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year (2011)BCS national champion (2010)SEC champion (2010)Heisman Trophy (2010)Maxwell Award (2010)Walter Camp Award (2010)Davey O'Brien Award (2010)AP College Player of the Year (2010)Sporting News College Player of the Year (2010)Consensus All-American (2010)First-team All-SEC (2010)

And Tyrod has done what again?

Sure Cam is having some issues now, he was blasted in the head a bunch last season he might not ever be the same but he is still light years ahead in accomplishments over Tyrod who can't even get a wild card out of his team or even stop a team from stacking the box as they dare him to be a QB. Do that against Cam, no way a team does that.

Edited by xRUSHx

Hold on...stop. If he kept throwing the ball away you would be criticizing him for that too. Lets not pretend you and the other pundits would approve him chucking the ball out of bounds.

Second, its factually not true. Not only on most of his sacks were there MULTIPLE defenders on top of him, literally pushing our own OL into TT's body, but TT's legs kept many more sacks from happening where he made plays down field.

The Romo criticisms everyone is conveniently misremembering was when TT was driving the field using the short to intermediate routes over the middle while there was single coverage on the outside. Romo kept pointing out on that drive that Jets were leaving single coverage, and that even though TT was completing passes for first downs, given the clock and points down, he needed to take advantage of the outside single coverage and go for the deeper routes. A few plays later, TT did just that on the DT TD pass.

Yet people are now taking those late game comments and spreading those criticisms over the entire game.

soooo, you rather have 7 sacks and all that yardage lost? He needs to learn to throw quick and throw the ball away when the biltz is on and no one is open. As stated again BEFORE the game last night, he has the 2nd longest release in the NFL. And I dont count garbage time yards or TDs.

Cam:

3× Pro Bowl (2011, 2013, 2015)First-team All-Pro (2015)NFL Most Valuable Player (2015)NFL Offensive Player of the Year (2015)Bert Bell Award (2015)NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year (2011)BCS national champion (2010)SEC champion (2010)Heisman Trophy (2010)Maxwell Award (2010)Walter Camp Award (2010)Davey O'Brien Award (2010)AP College Player of the Year (2010)Sporting News College Player of the Year (2010)Consensus All-American (2010)First-team All-SEC (2010)

Sure Cam is having some issues now, he was blasted in the head a bunch last season he might not ever be the same but he is still light years ahead in accomplishments over Tyrod who can't even get a wild card out of his team.

Eli Manning is too. It doesnt mean that he is any good now. We arent looking for a QB to play in 2012. Keep up with what is going on in 2017. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Cam:

Sure Cam is having some issues now, he was blasted in the head a bunch last season he might not ever be the same but he is still light years ahead in accomplishments over Tyrod who can't even get a wild card out of his team.

Have you been playing with your time machine again? :)

soooo, you rather have 7 sacks and all that yardage lost? He needs to learn to throw quick and throw the ball away when the biltz is on and no one is open. As stated again BEFORE the game last night, he has the 2nd longest release in the NFL. And I dont count garbage time yards or TDs.

Ok, if people are going to KEEP bringing up how long it takes him to get rid of the ball, you need to factor in that a LOT of plays are extended by his legs behind a shaky OL or are called roll outs, all GREATLY add to that time. Its pretty unfair to judge him against other QB's who don't use their legs the way TT does, their games don't compare. Not to mention, a weak WR group that he has typically worked with over his career due to injuries, trades and lack of depth also factor in because our WR group has failed to consistently get separation, also contributing to a QB holding the ball longer.

Now, I am not saying he doesn't need to improve on this, because I do agree he needs to continue to get better in getting rid of the ball faster. But there are a LOT of factors that go into that, and not all of them are a result of him not pulling the trigger and holding the ball too long.

Cam:

Tyrod has been invited to the Pro Bowl 100% of the years hes been a starter so far (2 to Cams 3 in 7 years). So there is that.

-And he did that with 3 OC's in 2 years, missing his best weapons mostly, and with inept coaching for majority of his starts.

Cam played on way better teams, with better coaching, better FO, more talent. So there is that.

Tyrod has outplayed Cam since becoming a starter in the NFL. So there is that.

College doesn't matter on any level in the NFL. The top 10 statistical QB's of all time in CFB history were all washouts in the NFL or didnt even make the league.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Well then I guess every commentator on the game is a hater.

Some are just plain "football dumb."

How about the pass into the flat to Shady that led him too far?

Is that the throw of a franchise qb?

I see Brady and Rodgers make one or more horrible throws every game and most consider them franchise QBs.

Ok, if people are going to KEEP bringing up how long it takes him to get rid of the ball, you need to factor in that a LOT of plays are extended by his legs behind a shaky OL or are called roll outs, all GREATLY add to that time. Its pretty unfair to judge him against other QB's who don't use their legs the way TT does, their games don't compare. Not to mention, a weak WR group that he has typically worked with over his career due to injuries, trades and lack of depth also factor in because our WR group has failed to consistently get separation, also contributing to a QB holding the ball longer.

Now, I am not saying he doesn't need to improve on this, because I do agree he needs to continue to get better in getting rid of the ball faster. But there are a LOT of factors that go into that, and not all of them are a result of him not pulling the trigger and holding the ball too long.

If you know you OL is shaky and is having a bad game you need to adapt, when the LOS is stacked tyrod cannot adapt. Last night and last years game against the Ravens proves it. Take his legs away and he cannot win. He holds the ball too long waiting for a player to get open. i can agree last night he made some nice contested throws but that is needed more consistently or he needs to learn to throw the ball away. he has been in the league 7 years now, this is nothing new.

I just keep yelling at the TV... Throw the &%$# ball.... :censored::censored::censored:

No top franchise QB does that. He just held on and held on..... where was the screen game???

Coaches...Your QB is getting killed.... screens!!!!!!!!!!!! High School coaches know this!!

Edited by Iraq Vet

If you know you OL is shaky and is having a bad game you need to adapt, when the LOS is stacked tyrod cannot adapt. Last night and last years game against the Ravens proves it. Take his legs away and he cannot win. He holds the ball too long waiting for a player to get open. i can agree last night he made some nice contested throws but that is needed more consistently or he needs to learn to throw the ball away. he has been in the league 7 years now, this is nothing new.

I keep going back to which plays do you blame him for yesterday? I still havent gotten a response. He did fumble, had 2 of the 7 sacks attributed to him and missed the throw to Shady. That looked like the Ravens game to you? Please explain

Eli Manning is too. It doesnt mean that he is any good now. We arent looking for a QB to play in 2012. Keep up with what is going on in 2017.

What are you talking about man. Tyrod has accomplished NOTHING but stacked boxes but yet here you are comparing him to QBs that have gone to a SB. Come on man. 2017 Tyrod is the same QB that was drafted years ago and still no better then years ago and still will never be good enough. Draft a dam QB and move on Tyrod will never be good enough. He is the reason we get the stacked box, he is the reason the Bills are not good enough for a playoff run. Bang the table all you want but comparing him to SB QBs is not making a point when Tyrod can't even get a wild card run once in 7 seasons.