Tyrod is a franchise QB

Domdab99

Thats why I painted the whole picture. Cam is absolutely less efficient but isnt much different in terms of the gross stats on the positive side.

For me the difference is that you can rely on Newton to carry a team when called upon, as proven by their SB run. He's perhaps the most inconsistent QB in the league for me, but his upside is high enough that you'll suffer his valleys in hopes of the peaks. Taylor has yet to prove (in my mind) he's earned a similar distinction.

This statement alone either shows you cant move past your biased hatred or you actually dont understand football. To put the 7 sacks on him is beyond stupid. Our OL was DOMINATED last night, and its not even debatable. TT took a lot of big hits standing in there and delivering the ball too beyond the 7 sacks. In fact, if not for TT there probably would have been 12 sacks. Sure, a couple of them didnt happen right after the snap, but to throw your guys also have to be open, so not even fair to just default to its TT fault without first looking if he had anywhere to go with the ball.

Well then I guess every commentator on the game is a hater. Edited by ShadyBillsFan

For me the difference is that you can rely on Newton to carry a team when called upon, as proven by their SB run. He's perhaps the most inconsistent QB in the league for me, but his upside is high enough that you'll suffer his valleys in hopes of the peaks. Taylor has yet to prove (in my mind) he's earned a similar distinction.

I like Cam (probably more than most on this board). At the same time he hasnt been the better QB since the Super Bowl (in which he was awful). My point is that we have people convinced that he is a franchise QB but Tyrod has no chance. When you look side-by-side the guy thats been the better player over the last year and a half is Tyrod. That doesnt mean I prefer him to Cam (although you can make a strong argument either way). It just means that Bills fans need a frame of reference when evaluating the team and QB.

Same for a few of Tyrods using that logic.

True. And that's not counting the entire 'what the QB is asked to do' argument when it comes to TO ratio (and efficiency statistics in general), which is why I have a healthy dose of skepticism when it gets posted as some definitive answer as to a QB's value.

Great take since the start of last season:

Cam - 54.6%, 271 total yards a game, 37 TDs, 28 turnovers

Tyrod - 62.9%, 237 total yards a game, 35 TDs, 11 turnovers

You guys need to watch more football!!

Great Post! Yet the pundits here will value the extra measly 34 yards a game (on a team that throws more) over the 17 more turnovers. LMAO

Here is another fun stat over the same time period.

Newton: 773 pass attempts

Taylor: 672 pass attempts

So Newton has thrown 101 more times and yet has only managed 2 more TD's and a small amount more of yards per game.

So sick and tired of people OVERLOOKING pass ATTEMPTS in Taylors totals. You cant acquire yards passing when you hand the ball off on the #1 rushing team in the NFL for a large portion of that period (Bills 2016).

Tyrod has outplayed Cam by almost any measure of a QB over that period and done so with LESS weapons to work with, a terrible coaching staff for all of that 2016 season, one less game played, and 3 OC's during the same span. Yet he's put up almost the same amount of total TD's only a handful of fewer yards the Cam, while also PROTECTING THE BALL LIGHT YEARS BETTER!

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

True. And that's not counting the entire 'what the QB is asked to do' argument when it comes to TO ratio (and efficiency statistics in general), which is why I have a healthy dose of skepticism when it gets posted as some definitive answer as to a QB's value.

FWIW, Tyrod has been asked to shoulder a MASSIVE portion of this offense this year.

In the game I watched last night, Tyrod not only wasn’t the reason we lost, he was the best player on the field for Buffalo. I’ve seen major strides from him this year.

But what do I know..

Agreed. I'm in "show me" mode with TT, and he looked solid last night. Definitely progressing. Horrible, horrible line performance on both sides.

In the game I watched last night, Tyrod not only wasnt the reason we lost, he was the best player on the field for Buffalo. Ive seen major strides from him this year.

But what do I know..

He threw that ball deep when he got the free play for the offsides, that was opportunistic and something I hadn't seen him do before.

I still can't get over the no audibles or adjustments at the LOS, either all his coaches staffs are incompetent or he is unable to do it. In today's game that puts a team at a big disadvantage.

In the game I watched last night, Tyrod not only wasn’t the reason we lost, he was the best player on the field for Buffalo. I’ve seen major strides from him this year.

But what do I know..

Yeah, but some people made their minds up a loooong time ago, and there’s no going back.

He threw that ball deep when he got the free play for the offsides, that was opportunistic and something I hadn't seen him do before.

I still can't get over the no audibles or adjustments at the LOS, either all his coaches staffs are incompetent or he is unable to do it. In today's game that puts a team at a big disadvantage.

FWIW, I posted the article it in one of these threads but as recently as 2013 Kubiak wouldnt allow Matt Schaub to call an audible. He was an experienced QB thought to be cerebral. Dennison is a Kubiak disciple. That is just what they do.

How about the pass into the flat to Shady that led him too far?

Is that the throw of a franchise qb?

I thought that was his worst throw of the night. Fortunately he threw a bullet on the next play for a TD.

I like Cam (probably more than most on this board). At the same time he hasnt been the better QB since the Super Bowl (in which he was awful). My point is that we have people convinced that he is a franchise QB but Tyrod has no chance. When you look side-by-side the guy thats been the better player over the last year and a half is Tyrod. That doesnt mean I prefer him to Cam (although you can make a strong argument either way). It just means that Bills fans need a frame of reference when evaluating the team and QB.

I thought he outplayed Brady when they beat NE this year. I also think he was better than Winston when they beat the Bucs (although that's not saying much), and he was pretty unlucky in that Eagles game.

FWIW, I posted the article it in one of these threads but as recently as 2013 Kubiak wouldnt allow Matt Schaub to call an audible. He was an experienced QB thought to be cerebral. Dennison is a Kubiak disciple. That is just what they do.

I thought that was his worst throw of the night. Fortunately he threw a bullet on the next play for a TD.

If that comes with Dennison then he needs to go. Even JM

audibled out and took advantage of 1 on 1 outside for a touchdown.

Is Taylor the guy that can do it and do it well? Who knows, we haven't seen it with any of his OC's.

They do need an OC and QB that can execute at that level and trust eachother enough to do so.

This statement alone either shows you cant move past your biased hatred or you actually dont understand football. To put the 7 sacks on him is beyond stupid. Our OL was DOMINATED last night, and its not even debatable. TT took a lot of big hits standing in there and delivering the ball too beyond the 7 sacks. In fact, if not for TT there probably would have been 12 sacks. Sure, a couple of them didnt happen right after the snap, but to throw your guys also have to be open, so not even fair to just default to its TT fault without first looking if he had anywhere to go with the ball.

By my count there were two sacks wholly or partly on TT plus the fumble... but at least 4 pressures that are sacks on almost anyone else that he got out of.

FWIW, I posted the article it in one of these threads but as recently as 2013 Kubiak wouldnt allow Matt Schaub to call an audible. He was an experienced QB thought to be cerebral. Dennison is a Kubiak disciple. That is just what they do.I thought that was his worst throw of the night. Fortunately he threw a bullet on the next play for a TD.

Well....maybe they should re-think what they do.....