Opinion: Writing Is on the Wall - Cam Is Coming

Gugny

Based on what exactly?

Because they got one of Cam's teammates?

Not one, more like 3 or 4. And both McD and Beane come from Carolina, are very familiar with the players there, and have already shown they will raid that pile. Plus they will be looking to upgrade the QB position, and it doesnt look like we'll be high enough in the draft to get into the top tier of prospects with so many teams in front of us that need QBs too.

I agree it's unlikely, but it's not too crazy of an idea.

I have no link. This is just my opinion. It just makes sense.

Beane is cherry-picking the best Panthers. He's cleared the money. I think Cam's gonna be a Bill.

Does make sense. Reason being Cam would not be a huge cap hit goong forward as alot of the guaranteed money would be paid and the dead money Carolina takes clears the signing bonus.

Two. Carolina would save roughly 6M plus in cap

Three. Richardson is about the bottomline and this move would save him alot of cash

Four. Cam and the Media as well as alot of fans are at odds right now.

Five. Still young at 28 (next year). Have his contract thur 2020 coincides with the Lease as well.

That contraxt until 2020 looks like this cap hit wise

2018 16.5M

2019 18.7M

2020 21.1M

And dead money attached if trade or cut after Bills get him

2018 6M (leaves a 10.5M savings)

2019 4M (leaves a 14.7M savings)

2020 2M (leaves a 19.1M savings)

I have no link. This is just my opinion. It just makes sense.

Beane is cherry-picking the best Panthers. He's cleared the money. I think Cam's gonna be a Bill.

What a horrible idea. Why would we want to downgrade QB? We just got rid of the biggest disappointment from the 2011 draft; why would we take on another?

You guys may want to prepare yourself for this team giving Tyrod a few more years. He has the exact type of character the management wants and his performance on the field is not that bad (despite most around here only looking at Passing yards as the measuring stick for success). We can also get him a lot cheaper than other options. At this point, I suspect we will be building around Tyrod, not looking to replace him immediately. I would be shocked if we made a push at a FA QB or traded to get to the top of the draft for a blue chipper.

Correct, at least for 2018.

so he'll be backing up tyrod?

Yup. A steel cage match no-holds-barred battle between Nate and Cam. Who wouldn't pay to see that?

Seriously though, you can pretty much make a thread outta anything these days, can't you?

I dont think it will happen because no way do the Panthers move him, but anyone saying he isnt a McBeane guy needs to look where both of them were working when Cam was drafted. He is already a McBeane guy. They were on the staff that drafted him.

that's was almost all hurney and gettleman influence plus a no brainer. They needed a QB. Drafting cam was obvious. The next QB was far inferrior.

I'd not say he's there type of guy because they were there for the draft. I'd say he was there when they picked and the obvious choice. They OL was built. They had good RB's. The WRs weren't bad. The defense needed work but they were passing up a QB for Dareus.