Opinion: Writing Is on the Wall - Cam Is Coming

Gugny

Hope not. Doesn't seem to be a McD guy.

No way. Definitely not a McD or Beane guy. Has attitude/character issues. No way.

I dont think it will happen because no way do the Panthers move him, but anyone saying he isnt a McBeane guy needs to look where both of them were working when Cam was drafted. He is already a McBeane guy. They were on the staff that drafted him.

You guys may want to prepare yourself for this team giving Tyrod a few more years. He has the exact type of character the management wants and his performance on the field is not that bad (despite most around here only looking at Passing yards as the measuring stick for success). We can also get him a lot cheaper than other options. At this point, I suspect we will be building around Tyrod, not looking to replace him immediately. I would be shocked if we made a push at a FA QB or traded to get to the top of the draft for a blue chipper.

I really hope not. He's really not that much of an upgrade over Tyrod anymore, if he even is at all. He is wildly inconsistent and has way too many turnovers. He's gotten hit a lot over the years and I think the hits and injuries have started to catch up to him a bit. He's had the skills to overcome the inconsistencies to a point in the past but as those skills start to erode, his game does not seem to progress.

Plus living in Carolina I see a lot of coverage on him and he really is one big baby. I've never seen a player, especially a QB (aka the leader of a team) seek out the individual attention as he does when things are good but then run and hide when things are bad.

I think I'd take Tyrod over cam honestly. Yes cam is good, but I wouldn't put my franchise on his shoulders. Would rather take my chances in the draft

Agree. We dont really need a back-up to Tyrod, especially an expensive one. Cam is a good athlete, bad QB and a cancer in the locker room.

You guys may want to prepare yourself for this team giving Tyrod a few more years. He has the exact type of character the management wants and his performance on the field is not that bad (despite most around here only looking at Passing yards as the measuring stick for success). We can also get him a lot cheaper than other options. At this point, I suspect we will be building around Tyrod, not looking to replace him immediately. I would be shocked if we made a push at a FA QB or traded to get to the top of the draft for a blue chipper.

I agree. Look at Alex Smith this year, he is 33, on his 12th season, and putting up great numbers, His seasons in the past were much like TT's. Those who think that a QB cant get any better after starting only 2 1/2 seasons are crazy. QBs often mentions that it takes a lot of game time experience for the game to slow down for them. I believe in a couple of years, all this talk of getting a franchise QB will be mute, TT will be the franchise QB we have been waiting for. Time will tell.

Go Bills!!!