TRADE: Kelvin Benjamin to Buffalo

Rubes

From an article in Yahoo sports,

Newton was a fan of Benjamin, praising him on Sunday after Carolinas win over division rival Tampa Bay:

Hes a person thats an unbelievable teammate. He comes to work each and every day, Newton said. He may not be the talkative person all the time, but I guarantee you, when you want people in your foxhole, Kelvin Benjamin is the person that you want.

You know you can just see it on his face. Hes usually a very enthusiastic person come gameday, and man, I could just see it.

"Buffalos leading pass-catchers are running back LeSean McCoy and tight end Charles Clay; their top three receivers, Jordan Matthews, Andre Holmes and Zay Jones, have combined to offer the Bills roughly the same output -36 receptions for 404 yards as Benjamin gave the Panthers on his own."

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/deadline-surprise-panthers-trade-wr-kelvin-benjamin-buffalo-2-205423282.html

At 6'5 250lbs you don't need much separation when you are going up against most DB's that are usually under 6" 200lbs. :D I love this trade for a 3rd/7th. Plus, Clay should be back by week 10 against NO.

no offense to you and all toward Newton. I don't trust his take on anything football. Tremendous athlete, good QB, but an absolute moron in football intelligence. The biggest Panther Homer of them all.

I have watched probably 80% of Benjamin's snaps and over half of his plays (I don't fully engage in watching the Panthers games but catch the big plays as it's on the TV). His reach and range for the ball is a big exaggerated. I believe he will help Taylor and will be curious to see his route tree. But I wouldn't send him downfield past 8 yards on the outside or 12 yards over the middle downfield every play.

I do want to see him thrown screen passes to because this rookie year he actually looked decent running them and being able to knock down small DB's

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@rapsheet

Ex-#Panthers GM Dave Gettlemen wanted to extend Kelvin Benjamin. The new regime did not. With a murky future, Benjamin lands in perfect spot

From what I heard/read, Beane was on the "extend" side, too.

Whoever runs the bills twitter account needs a raise.

PSE should take all the money they're paying the clown that runs the Sabres account and give it to the whoever runs the Bills account. Night and day difference.

Are we really gonna take everything as gospel that the GM says when pumping up the guy he just traded for?

Are we really going to disregard the opinion of a guy who was actively involved in scouting, drafting, watching his development, and now trading for the player we just acquired?