"Patriot Way": Officiating Catalog

There is no conspiracy.

The Pats are what they are because they have the greatest head coach and QB of all time period.

You are truly a Pats fan, aren't you?

Bill Walsh and Joe Montana just called. Chuck Noll and Terry Bradshaw asked them to hold the line. I'm not saying Brady and Belichek aren't great, but to call them the "greatest of all time" is to ignore both the rule changes that favor the passing game, a lot of football history, and the questions about their cheating.

Maybe he is just a Gungy who likes trolling on this board and respects someone like him who will lie and deny. I bet he is great on Twit-ter.

He certainly not shown any football knowledge to be called a 'fan'.

• 1 month later...

This has been going on since 1998.  The Just give it to em game ref, Walt Coleman.  Walt Coleman same ref in the Tuck Rule game, coincidence?

When you are one of the more influential owners in the league, stuff seems to break your way.

When was the last time the Patriots had a bad call or judgement call against them.  I know they reference Sugar Bear Hamilton from the 70s a lot.  The only one I can remember was Gronk on MNF vs Carolina that was "controversial".  

Also their offensive line never gets called for holding. 

That said though.  Teams utterly melt and lose their stuff when they play them.  They pass when they should run.  Run when they should throw, etc.  Get too cute instead of smashmouth football. They have the best coaching in the league and their is no other coaching peer close.  Not like the 80s you had Parcells, Gibbs, Shula, Marv, etc.  Belichick though is far and away best coach and puts them in every situation and his players know what to do.

And you better belief this week White will get called for holding Gronk probably at least twice.

Edited by boco357
add

Penalties aside, Pats have been handed 3 wins by the Refs. All calls linked to Alberto Riveron for the record.

Cooks TD against the Texans (dropped pass)

Jets Fake fumble

Steelers non TD call.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/12/18/alberto-riveron-nfl-senior-vice-president-of-officiating-patriots-calls-jesse-james/stories/201712180138

https://truepundit.com/rigged-nfl-steelers-latest-victim-of-crooked-nfl-refgate-that-gives-patriots-third-instant-replay-win/

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Penalties aside, Pats have been handed 3 wins by the Refs. All calls linked to Alberto Riveron for the record.

Cooks TD against the Texans

Jets Fake fumble

Steelers non TD call.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/12/18/alberto-riveron-nfl-senior-vice-president-of-officiating-patriots-calls-jesse-james/stories/201712180138

That makes sense since all reviews run through New York.

On 10/31/2017 at 11:34 AM, cba fan said:

congrats even a mouse finds a hidden piece of cheese now and again.

I don't think there is a big conspiracy going on but officials are prone to favor the Pats for reasons unexplained. Be if Kraft Bellycheck Brady influence complaining and officials cowering. Offensive PI and pick plays are the worst offenses the officials let them get away with.

Pats invented the TE push off and those pick plays.

The no contact call against Chargers trumps all the others as by far the worst ever. Chargers never touched anyone. Pats ran into themselves. Worse than the "just give it to them game"

Ok how about the fact Gronk was pretty much malled in the Panther game the other year when a flag was thrown then picked up.

or the numerous bogus Offense PI calls when the pick is done within a yard of the line of scrimmage.

or the incomplete call on Gronk this year when he caught it in the end zone for a TD?

should I continue? All teams have bad calls go against them. The good ones know how to overcome them.

Well, IF Pittsburgh is going to muster one win against them I'd rather it be in the playoffs when it really counts.

As it is, they are going to get some bottom feeder team like the Titans or Ravens in the divisional round that they will score 45 points on, while Pittsburgh and Jacksonville knock each other senseless.

The AFC is such a joke.

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

Well, IF Pittsburgh is going to muster one win against them I'd rather it be in the playoffs when it really counts.

As it is, they are going to get some bottom feeder team like the Titans or Ravens in the divisional round that they will score 45 points on, while Pittsburgh and Jacksonville knock each other senseless.

The AFC is such a joke.

The Jags scare me more with that D and running game. The only thing Steelers have that is better (IMO) is QB. Which can make a huge difference but Big Ben been shown be rattled and throw bad picks the last couple years.

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 11:48 AM, SaviorPeterman said:

There is no conspiracy.

The Pats are what they are because they have the greatest head coach and QB of all time period.

When was the last time you seen the Pats lose a game because an officiating error or controversial call?

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 12:35 PM, billsfan11 said:

Exactly

The problem as well with people saying they are the greatest of all time, is most of us simply did not see all era's play.

I for one think they are the greatest that I have seen, but I can't even compare to Montana/Walsh because I was too young, and I wasn't even alive for Bradshaw days in the 70s.

That's why it is confusing for me to hear people under like 65 years old say that "these certain guys are the best of all time".

It's like, how can you say that if you've never seen other greats play?

That maybe true but no one has had a better run for as long as they have in the history of the game.  That is undisputable. 

20 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Ok how about the fact Gronk was pretty much malled in the Panther game the other year when a flag was thrown then picked up.

or the numerous bogus Offense PI calls when the pick is done within a yard of the line of scrimmage.

or the incomplete call on Gronk this year when he caught it in the end zone for a TD?

should I continue? All teams have bad calls go against them. The good ones know how to overcome them.

Do those decide the games?  Get your whiny ass out of here. The Patriots have been the beneficiary of more bull **** calls than any other team ever in the anals of history.  That's exactly where edleman and brady like it their history.

1 minute ago, Chris66 said:

Luke keachly mugging gronk in the endzone at carolina a few years ago

That's because it 2as keuchly. 

4 minutes ago, Gordio said:

When was the last time you seen the Pats lose a game because an officiating error or controversial call?

The last one I can think of is a Monday Night game against the Panthers a couple of years ago.  But they get the lion's share in their favor.  Maybe it's just chance, but it certainly doesn't feel that way.  If it is just chance, maybe it's time for them to be screwed more times than not.

7 minutes ago, Gordio said:

That maybe true but no one has had a better run for as long as they have in the history of the game.  That is undisputable. 

It's very disputable. SF won 5 SB titles during their run as well, sadly split between Montana (4) and Young (1). Young got Montana's 5th ring.

And they didn't need obscure tuck rules and BS calls from the refs. They pretty much steamrolled their way to wins in almost every Super Bowl in an era where there were other super teams as well. Not this mediocre fluff where everyone is 8-8 like today.

Edited by TheFunPolice

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

It's very disputable. SF won 5 SB titles during their run as well, sadly split between Montana (4) and Young (1). Young got Montana's 5th ring.

They are the one team that if you were going to make an argument that would be the team you compare them against.  The other argument for the 49ers is they always had another good NFC team giving them battles(Giants/Redskins/Bears of the 80's/Cowboys of the early 90s).  The NFC was very top heavy in the 80's/90's.  There were 2 or 3 very good teams in that conference every year.