"Patriot Way": Officiating Catalog

12 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Like I said small screen.. right hand and arm then. Still a lot different than James or Benjamins non catch.

Benjamins I would have let stand just cause it was so close. That call reminded me of when they reverse a goal because a skate was above the blue line.

The point is the common denominator is all 3 calls benefitted the Pats.  Not to mention that Gilmore was all over KB on that catch and also the 4th and 1 run where the runner pulled the ball back from the 25 to the 26 while he wasn't down.  Ball passing a point doesn't apply unless it's the goal line.

1 minute ago, Chris66 said:

Tough to tell from that angle. The official is right there from the better view

He lands OOB without establishing possession, ball hits ground and moves before he double clutches it with his right arm. You can also see his left hand move the ball into his chest (white gloves). It's about as clear an incompletion as there is. 

Item 2. Sideline Catches. If a player goes to the ground out-of-bounds (with or without contact by an opponent) in the process of making a catch at the sideline, he must maintain complete and continuous control of the ball until after his initial contact with the ground, or the pass is incomplete.

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

He lands OOB without establishing possession, ball hits ground and moves before he double clutches it with his right arm. You can also see his left hand move the ball into his chest (white gloves). It's about as clear an incompletion as there is. 

Im on a 5 inch screen i cant see it that well.ill take your word on it.

Edited by Chris66

15 hours ago, Chris66 said:

The official in the Benjamin catch ruled it a TD and clearly had a better view, but Riveron overruled it with a nebulous explanation. The same criteria should have been applied, but was not. In both cases, Riveron rules in favor of the Pats*. Different angles in this series:

15 hours ago, Chris66 said:

Good point.  What everyone fails to realize is that he is wearing x Ray contacts so he can see through Cooks back which would normally block his vision.

15 hours ago, The Wiz said:

The point is the common denominator is all 3 calls benefitted the Pats.  Not to mention that Gilmore was all over KB on that catch and also the 4th and 1 run where the runner pulled the ball back from the 25 to the 26 while he wasn't down.  Ball passing a point doesn't apply unless it's the goal line.

Don't forget the Jets call.  And feel free to include the OPI on the Chargers.  To me, the fact that the Cooks and James calls had different end results is astonishing.  Either they are both touchdowns or they are both incompletions.  Period.

16 hours ago, Chris66 said:

My guess is because he has control the ball hits the ground but doesnt move. The official is right there watching the entire play.

The official was also "right there watching the entire play" in the Kelvin Benjamin play, too. We all know how that turned out, too.

16 hours ago, Chris66 said:

Im not an official. I can guess.my opinion doesnt matter in the long run. The Cooks catch is a tough one.

Tough to see on a small screen, but it looks like his left hand and arm stay under the ball. 

Your absolutely joking. You have to be....haha..you got me....

On 10/31/2017 at 10:48 AM, billsfan60 said:

This is usually the problem with conspiracy theories.

What your suggesting is that the patsies*** organization, the NFL, as an organization, and every official have colluded in an ultra secret pact to sway the outcome of every game the patsies*** play in by making favorable calls at the most crucial points in each game. You're talking about hundreds of people keeping their mouths shut and having 100% of them buying into the program. When you throw in centralized review and instant replay from multiple angles then the entire watching public and sports media must be both blind and stupid. Of course it could be argued that people do pay good money to watch professional wrestling.

Ask any professional gambler what they think about NFL officiating, in general.

You've got to get past the Grand conspiracy theory part.   It's not scripted, where everyone knows the outcome, but a well placed, back-breaking call or 2 is sometimes all that is necessary. 

I never questioned anything until the tuck rule.  Then the 2005-2006 AFC Championship game (Colts-Steelers) and Super Bowl that followed.  (XL) - that was just a sloppy 2 weeks for the NFL.

Win, lose or draw, the NFL shares the bulk of its revenue.  There was actually a time, not long ago, where Walt Coleman was 11-1 against the spread when his crew worked Pats games.  

Edited by Chicken Boo

On 2017-12-19 at 3:51 PM, PatsFanNH said:

I think we have beaten this dead horse enough. ? some of us say it's obvious the ball hits the ground while others disagree. I will point to the fact that I have yet to see one article where the writer says the call was wrong, they call the rule bad but the call right.

Seriously, what kinds of Pats* fan after winning 5 Championships comes on here to kick a franchise who has had our poor track record?

And who are we?  You and us are not a WE!

You are the same reason people hate Pats* fans.

Ever hear the term humble?

Hope you sleep well because my assumption would be THIS is all you have in your life.

And, everything you have is built on s throne of lies.  It will come out eventually!!

On 2017-12-19 at 7:49 PM, PatsFanNH said:

The Tuck rule was correct

pick plays are legal within 1 yard of the line of scrimmage and it is not a popular play for the team .the NFL is responsible for the headgear  NOT the Pats so that's debunked.

thats called being a great QB one of the best ever! 

Not your silly conspiracy theory.

bandwagon? I've been here for my team since 1986 and their run to the SB crushing by the bears. And I endured the 1-15 years.

Pats* fans like yourself are embarrassing because you can't objectively have a conversation!

You continue proving the point!

On 2017-12-25 at 6:26 AM, row_33 said:

———

and once again the highly praised Pats are bailed out of a jam by a long replay review that takes the Pats side and doesn’t fit into the spirit of playing football.

like the spoiled rich brat who whines and appeals to his mother to decide who really won the game, and she rules always in his favour....

yay.... 

The spoiled rich brat screaming is what Pats* fans are like. They twist things to justify everything their way 100% of the time and are never reasonable or objective!

Terrible people! And/or band wagoners!

Edited by Manther

On 2017-12-26 at 4:31 PM, Chris66 said:

There is no football move anymore. Its either you have established yourself as a runner ot you've completed the catch to the ground. Black and white. James lost possession before he completed the catch. Incomplete.

My guess with Cooks is he caught it with both feet in bounds then went out of bounds. Looked like Santonio Holmes Superbowl catch ahainst the Cardinals.

Chriss66 equals embarrassing Pats* fan!

On 10/31/2017 at 11:26 AM, matter2003 said:

I remember a flag on Hogan for holding last year that negated a 90 yard TD against us on like the first play of the game...

Was it holding tho? Sometimes that’s what holding will do. Allow a massive play to unfold as a player is taken out of the equation as they are being.. (wait for it)

held.

I have seen them get unbelieveable breaks way too many times in the last 20 years, starting with "just give it to 'em," tuck rule game, countless pick plays and push offs by Gronk, pass rushers jerseys stretching 2 feet off their body while being held or tackled, to all the calls this year!

You will no way convince me that they are getting favoritism, and the douche that is overturning these calls needs to seriously be investigated!

If they played by the same rules as the other teams, the so called GOATS would be much more average.

Oh, not to mention the phantom "illegal contact" calls they get on critical 3rd downs to keep a drive alive!

On 12/26/2017 at 4:31 PM, Chris66 said:

There is no football move anymore. Its either you have established yourself as a runner ot you've completed the catch to the ground. Black and white. James lost possession before he completed the catch. Incomplete.

My guess with Cooks is he caught it with both feet in bounds then went out of bounds. Looked like Santonio Holmes Superbowl catch ahainst the Cardinals.

You are so full of B.S.! And James had more than completed the catch! You A-hole Chowd fans always have an excuse! And, in my vast experience, most of you asshats don't know the first thing about the game! 

You're such a huge fan? Tell me who Randy Vataha was, or Sam Cunningham? Oh, yeah, you will google it! Go screw yourself, and the cheating lickwad team you cheer for! 

I don't know who incenses me more, the team, or the F-ing morons who cheer for them!