Patriots trade Jimmy Garoppolo to SF

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Out of nowhere.

They must really think Brady can last another few years, or they don't think Garropolo is as good as everyone thinks he is.

This is a very odd move. Unless SF worked out a long term deal with JG, then they just paid a very high second round pick for a QB who will be on their roster for half of a regular season. I’m not sure how a QB even learns an offense and gets comfortable with teammates in 9 weeks. JG gets the ball out fast. He’s got potential, but the Belichick driven hype machine has been in motion for two seasons on JG. I can’t believe they’d be looking to move him if he was that good.

I dont understand this at all. He was going to be a free agent at the end of the year, so just sign him then?

To give up a second, not knowing if you can re-sign him is strange.

This does make Cousins good offseason football. Maybe they were afraid of that transition tag.

Not sure why everyone was sold Cousins was gonna sign with that talentless roster in the first place. SF is way bad, I doubt he was truly atop Cousins wish list. Watch Jax make a big play for him though, or possibly Denver.

There are rumors that Skins have teams calling about him before the deadline

Some odd movies by Belichik over the last 12 months. Gilmore signing, trades his two backup QBs. Not sure about this one.

Why do folks call the Gilmore signing uncharacteristic? Do people know he took Revis to the SB on a huge contract?

I dont understand this at all. He was going to be a free agent at the end of the year, so just sign him then?

This does make Cousins good offseason football. Maybe they were afraid of that transition tag.

they could franchise him but Im thinking the agent has already agreed on a long term deal in order for them to give up a second. Edited by YoloinOhio

Some odd movies by Belichik over the last 12 months. Gilmore signing, trades his two backup QBs. Not sure about this one.

Jimmy G was gone in free agency so they had to get something. A high second round pick was a good deal for them.

What are the chances he goes to SF, plays out the year, and re-signs with NE in free agency? Is there a rule to prevent something like that?