Patriots trade Jimmy Garoppolo to SF

Bellicheat and Kraft Cheese must have took DNA samples from Marcia's blood and went to the lab and injected some poor soul and already have their next Brady ready to "enter the NFL" as an undrafted or late round pick. The cheating never ends.

The conspiracy continues.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@gregvorse

#Patriots trade QB Jimmy Garoppolo to the #49ers for 2018 2nd-round pick, per @AdamSchefter.

@adamschefter

With Jimmy Garoppolo traded to SF, the Patriots now buying into the idea that Tom Brady can play well into his 40s.

This now means that Kirk Cousins will have one less landing spot in free agency. There will be plenty of interest. But SF is out.

49ers and Patriots began talking trade Monday morning and, by tonight, the trade was officially agreed upon. Garoppolo to San Francisco.

Could Kirk come to Buffalo?

Thats what Im saying the Dean

I dont know how much of an advantage having an inside track gives you.

When the season ends, if he wants to get paid, I dont think he decides to stay in San Fran for less money just because they traded for him. That didnt do anything for him besides make him feel wanted in the moment and make him move.

Now, if all offers are equal, then he might decide to just stay. But with the amount of suitors and offers hes going to receive, I dont think already being in San Fran is going to make a big enough difference to stay.

Also, if this college QB class keeps declining in play, and Cousins leaves the market quick, the bidding war for Garoppolo could get nuts and its anyones game.

Case and point, look at what happened with Osweiler.

Why would Garapollo even deserve a long term contract? Because he was a Patriot that the Patriots wanted to get rid of when they have a 40 year old QB and no backup?

Like come on, San Francisco, stupid trade all around. Now they are in the position of having to give a comparably large contract to a guy that has 2 career games under his belt.

The fact that the Patriots are even willing to trade him should send red flags and warning signs all over the place.

49ers can get fleeced, but we got maximum value for Dareus lmao. :rolleyes:

Edited by What a Tuel

Why would Garapollo even deserve a long term contract? Because he was a Patriot that the Patriots wanted to get rid of when they have a 40 year old QB and no backup?

Like come on, San Francisco, stupid trade all around. Now they are in the position of having to give a comparably large contract to a guy that has 2 career games under his belt.

The fact that the Patriots are even willing to trade him should send red flags and warning signs all over the place.

49ers can get fleeced, but we got maximum value for Dareus lmao. :rolleyes:

The Patriots actually wanted to sign him to an extension, but Jimmy G wouldn't agree to their terms.

Quick let's trade Peterman for a 2nd round pick because apparently the league is just throwing our 2nd round picks to unproven players

To be fair... garoppolo was drafted in the 2nd not the 5th, and they have a ton of space to tag or extend him.

He also looked pretty good in his 2 starts.

I dont know how much of an advantage having an inside track gives you.

When the season ends, if he wants to get paid, I dont think he decides to stay in San Fran for less money just because they traded for him. That didnt do anything for him besides make him feel wanted in the moment and make him move.

Now, if all offers are equal, then he might decide to just stay. But with the amount of suitors and offers hes going to receive, I dont think already being in San Fran is going to make a big enough difference to stay.

Also, if this college QB class keeps declining in play, and Cousins leaves the market quick, the bidding war for Garoppolo could get nuts and its anyones game.

Case and point, look at what happened with Osweiler.

He gets tagged if he won't sign an extension. If they get cousins or draft someone they can always rescind the tag as well. Edited by dneveu

This could actually seriously hose Garoppolo if you think about it. If he stayed with the Pats, he was going to get a big contract without proving anything.

Now, he has to go out and prove hes worth it on a winless team.

Im not saying hes going to tank or hes not good, because I have no idea. I do think that this is more of an overall risk than a positive for him.

So you already know that Garrapolo is no good? Because if hes as good as some think, its a great trade for SF.

"Some" thought Matt Cassel and Brock Osweiler were good, too, based on their play as backups but the reality is that if their original teams thought that they were truly as good as they looked in a small sample of games, there's no way they'd have let them go. Green Bay sent the legendary Brett Favre packing because they realized that the kid from Cali riding the pine wasn't just younger but better.

Matt Cassell got rich off the Patriots QB gravy train. I see Garapalo being closer to Cassell than Tom Brady.

Agree. There's this mystique about the Belichick and the Pats somehow having the "magic touch" about finding QBs because they drafted Brady in the 6th round, but the reality is that they were walking across the barnyard, slipped on some bull manure, and came up smelling like roses rather than, well, manure when they grabbed Brady. None of the QBs they've drafted since Brady have turned out to be more than competent backups, and most haven't even been that. Matt Cassel, Ryan Mallett, Brian Hoyer are the best of the lot and none of them are better than Ryan Fitzpatrick ... and certainly not nearly as good as Tyrod Taylor.

No i have some Pat friends.

They actually thought Jimmy G would re-sign for between 5-7 a year and be happy to come back to the Patriots. Seriously

He wants a chance to be a starter, which ought to be the goal of any young backup QB, so he was never going to re-sign with NE. It wasn't really about the $$$ but the opportunity.

Yes, no doubt, but the clamoring for Cousins is without merit. Great passing stats, losing record. He is not considered a leader by the team management or players. You will hear all sorts of excuses for his play, but the bottom line is that he just does not have it. The Redskins are moving on. Buyer beware.

Cousins is a decent QB but he's not Superman. Crucify him. As a Bills fan, you should know all about that.

The reality is that QBs need protection and targets to show their talent and skill but they also need the support from a good running game and defense to win lots of games. They also need good/great coaching. What support does Cousins have in Washington?

How many more Super Bowls would Peyton Manning or Drew Brees have won if Indy or NO had given them better defenses? How many more Super Bowls would Aaron Rodgers have won if GB had better running games? If not for Belichick's coaching genius, just how many SBs would Tom Brady have won?

Hopefully Garoppalo does well enough in SF that they wont want to draft a QB (I think thats s their plan). Thats where the Bills can trade up with SF and grab one of the two best QBs available (assuming that Cleveland will be in the number 1 spot and will take a QB).

Edited by The 9 Isles

This could actually seriously hose Garoppolo if you think about it. If he stayed with the Pats, he was going to get a big contract without proving anything.

Now, he has to go out and prove hes worth it on a winless team.

Im not saying hes going to tank or hes not good, because I have no idea. I do think that this is more of an overall risk than a positive for him.

Pretty much the same risk Tyrod took taking less to come here when Denver wanted him. I realize one was in FA and this is a trade, but I seems in both cases the players had input in the deals.