So, 4-12 predictors...how's that working out?

OCinBuffalo

Ah, I see I forgot to put a smiley emoji on my original post. No, I don't need my predictions to be right, they just have been the last couple decades...

In no way do I want the Bills to lose so my pre-season picks are correct, that's silly. I'm not a gambler so I gain nothing in that scenario.

I will say, that I am not yet convinced. I need to see this team actually beat the Patriots when it matters.

When they beat Brady to win the division, my ears will perk up after about 20 years.

Quit beating on T-Bomb. You either want knowledgeable posters to make their predictions in the preseason, and then back them up with sensible statements; or this becomes a feel good safe place to hide from reality. Anybody who looked at this team on sept 1st and prognosticated more than 5-6 wins was dreaming in technicolor. Revisionist history is a wonderful thing, or so it seems.

How can you possibly know all this? And yes, the second time I commented that I didn't forget the smiley.

You are like a political pundit with a judgmental agenda...

You should apply for a position at MSNBC.

LOL...you don't have an agenda?

Calling our your negativity and now I'm a political pundit? That relates.

LOL...you don't have an agenda?

Calling our your negativity and now I'm a political pundit? That relates.

So a pre-season prediction of 5-11 is pure irrational "negativity"? Is that how you see sports?

Hey, you're not wrong yet...

And that's what I tried to be sarcastic about but was posting at like 5:30 AM and forgot the emoji and here we are, lmao.

I said 5 win team, I'm not wrong yet.

Let's see what happens starting Thurs night. Normally, a game like the upcoming Jets game is where the franchise would falter, and finish with 6/7 wins on the season.

Right...because everytime they prove you wrong you just keep moving the bar...oh they won here, well, they need to win this one otherwise its the same old same old...

Just admit you were wrong and keep it moving.

So a pre-season prediction of 5-11 is pure irrational "negativity"? Is that how you see sports?

And that's what I tried to be sarcastic about but was posting at like 5:30 AM and forgot the emoji and here we are, lmao.

No, that's not what I'm saying and that's not how I see sports.

You're still trying to tie in what happened in '08 and '11 as what's going to happen this year....you keep repeating it. You won't be "convinced" unless we win the division. Lofty expectations for a team you thought would win 5 games.

Right...because everytime they prove you wrong you just keep moving the bar...oh they won here, well, they need to win this one otherwise its the same old same old...

Just admit you were wrong and keep it moving.

Wrong about what exactly?

I'm on these forums to have fun, but it seems a lot of you are not here for the same reason lol.

Sports are not meant to be taken so seriously.

The attempt at sarcasm was to take a shot at myself and state I'm not wrong yet, but it seems so many of you are so full of hate, you can't possibly see it as that. "Negative" Bills fans are your enemy number one and must taken to the woodshed. Holy crap, it's Monday morning, calm the !@#$ down.

As far as what the Bills have to prove to me before I feel they are a different franchise may be a higher bar than some of you, I'm not going to apologize for that.

Edited by T-Bomb

I thought only NFL players were sensitive?

Who cares if someone said the Bills will suck this year. I personally said 9-7 because i thought McDermott would restore a good defense, but 17 years of garbage gives any fan the right to say the Bills will suck.

At some point you would think people would look at what's in front of them instead of behind. Too much backwards-looking.

This is silly.

I said 4-12 / 5-11 after the trades..... but still liked McDermott/Beane and the direction they are going. It felt like a final end to the continuous era of Levy-Brandon-Nix-Whaley, which is what they have needed since the day they sent Donahoe packing.

But its not like I put anything on the line, root for them to lose to reach my prediction (maybe if they did I could post an awesome thread like this one and brag and antagonize? That would be uh, awesome I guess, along with another waste of season ticket money. Take that!)

Anyone besides the complete optimists thought this team had a good shot at getting to 5-2.

I didnt realize that McDermott would resonate so deeply with players in year one. I liked his messaging and his vision of bringing in players who do the homework and hone a mental edge... Didn't think we had so much in-house.

Ah, I see I forgot to put a smiley emoji on my original post. No, I don't need my predictions to be right, they just have been the last couple decades...

In no way do I want the Bills to lose so my pre-season picks are correct, that's silly. I'm not a gambler so I gain nothing in that scenario.

I will say, that I am not yet convinced. I need to see this team actually beat the Patriots when it matters.

When they beat Brady to win the division, my ears will perk up after about 20 years.

Cool. We should all be pretty psyched right now.

This is silly.

I said 4-12 / 5-11 after the trades..... but still liked McDermott/Beane and the direction they are going. It felt like a final end to the continuous era of Levy-Brandon-Nix-Whaley, which is what they have needed since the day they sent Donahoe packing.

But its not like I put anything on the line, root for them to lose to reach my prediction (maybe if they did I could post an awesome thread like this one and brag and antagonize? That would be uh, awesome I guess, along with another waste of season ticket money. Take that!)

Anyone besides the complete optimists thought this team had a good shot at getting to 5-2.

I didnt realize that McDermott would resonate so deeply with players in year one. I liked his messaging and his vision of bringing in players who do the homework and hone a mental edge... Didn't think we had so much in-house.

We don't know what will happen from now to week 17 but it's okay to enjoy it right now.

Did you think you "knew football" better than the rest of us? :lol: Really? Wait, are you a "realist"? :lol::wacko:

Are you gonna sit in front of me at a pre-season game, and give me more JV coach analysis? Do I need to bring back my "fancy circles and arrows" threads, which I allowed Jeremy White to steal, because I am lazy, and it's his job anyway?

Hint: when any team can run, and stop the run, how in the schit name of God did you figure it only gets 4 wins?

Check it out: ATS Rankings

The Bills continue to cash tickets after blasting the Raiders as short home favorites on Sunday.

:lol:Link

EDIT: But, now that I think about it....how many of you were really going to put your $$$ where your mouth resides? Please. Much easier to S___post on TSW, right? It costs you nothing, but, it costs our time.

Hmmm, I think a fair question for you, OC, is "How many times in the last 20 years did you predict a playoff season and were wrong?" Probably a lot. The fact that you may FINALLY be right isn't much to gloat about.

Hmmm, I think a fair question for you, OC, is "How many times in the last 20 years did you predict a playoff season and were wrong?" Probably a lot. The fact that you may FINALLY be right isn't much to gloat about.

The optimistic fans seem to be more emotional, and need the "I told you so" moment more than some other fans.

The problem I see is, the "I told you so" moment has not arrived yet ;)

So you mentally added a bunch of text to a post to make it better fit your perception, got it.

Nope. I directly read what you wrote. You said in the past a team like this would win maybe one more game. You didn't say anything about feeling this team is different.

If I said we always order chocolate ice cream, would you think I was predicting we'd order vanilla next?

I'm not offended by anything. Just own what you said.

We don't know what will happen from now to week 17 but it's okay to enjoy it right now.

Bingo.

I'll add that it is hard to imagine McDermott presiding over some long term "fall apart" like Rex, Jauron, Williams, MM, etc. Not saying it can't happen but it sure doesn't look like that to me.

FWIW at the beginning of the year I thought we were in for a tough one but also like the moving forward trend. I'm still a bit annoyed by the Sammy trade but not at all concerned about the MD trade.

I just don't see how you look at this and see "same old Bills".

2008 we started 5-1. 2011 we started 5-2. Let's finish this off before we talk too much.

So make sure not to enjoy anything? Or talk about it on a message board?

Wrong about what exactly?

I'm on these forums to have fun, but it seems a lot of you are not here for the same reason lol.

Sports are not meant to be taken so seriously.

The attempt at sarcasm was to take a shot at myself and state I'm not wrong yet, but it seems so many of you are so full of hate, you can't possibly see it as that. "Negative" Bills fans are your enemy number one and must taken to the woodshed. Holy crap, it's Monday morning, calm the !@#$ down.

As far as what the Bills have to prove to me before I feel they are a different franchise may be a higher bar than some of you, I'm not going to apologize for that.

Hate? Most of the people were just pointing out that your post was a bit douchy. That doesn't mean anyone hates you.

I'd also like to point out that the opening post in this thread had a few points and we have talked about some but left out discussion of the imaginary theft by radio personalities of the OP's unmitigated genius. And this is only the 407th time he has posted about this so we clearly need to talk about it more.

The optimistic fans seem to be more emotional, and need the "I told you so" moment more than some other fans.

The problem I see is, the "I told you so" moment has not arrived yet ;)

I think it's just the opposite. The negative Nellies always want to crow after a loss.