So, 4-12 predictors...how's that working out?

OCinBuffalo

So if we get a WC birth for the first time in 17 years, you wont be convinced even though you predicted 5 wins this year? We have to win the division over the Pats to be convinced....way to go out on a limb there.

You seem really irritated we are having early success.

You sound like a stubborn 13 year old trying to cling on their prediction.

Just stop with the insults... too much of that here....

You seem really irritated we are having early success.

You sound like a stubborn 13 year old trying to cling on their prediction.

So now you are saying I am upset because the Bills are winning?

My goodness you homers are like irrational crazy women...

Have the Bills had early success anytime recently yet still missed the playoff's?

OP, I get the desire to call out the doom and gloomers, but you are in a can't win position when dealing with pessimists. They can predict failure, and if it comes true they at least have the self satisfaction of being right (which is primarily why people argue on message boards in case you haven't noticed). If it doesn't turn out to be true, who cares, the Bills won. They get to have their cake and eat it too.

Beane is still trying to tank it, but the team isn't letting him.

He might get desperate and trade McCoy.

This guy like many of you simply don't get it.

That aside, I predicted early in we would be anywhere from a 5-11 to 9-7 team.

Now I think we will be an 8-8 to 11-5 team.

The guys in charge are even better than I thought.

OP, I get the desire to call out the doom and gloomers, but you are in a can't win position when dealing with pessimists. They can predict failure, and if it comes true they at least have the self satisfaction of being right (which is primarily why people argue on message boards in case you haven't noticed). If it doesn't turn out to be true, who cares, the Bills won. They get to have their cake and eat it too.

It's not up to any of us forum warriors what happens, it's up to the owners, coaches & players.

The facts are the facts, this Bills have had a recent history of crashing and burning. Is that a possibility for this season? Is that a more likely outcome than making a playoff run?

It's not up to any of us forum warriors what happens, it's up to the owners, coaches & players.

The facts are the facts, this Bills have had a recent history of crashing and burning. Is that a possibility for this season? Is that a more likely outcome than making a playoff run?

Who knows, but as a fan I am going too err on the side of hope.

And probably the greatest quality of the human condition.

The greatest quality of the human condition is curiosity, not hope or faith.

Hope & faith are for sheeple to be led around by the nose with.

Edited by T-Bomb

So now you are saying I am upset because the Bills are winning?

My goodness you homers are like irrational crazy women...

Have the Bills had early success anytime recently yet still missed the playoff's?

Yes you seem a little irritated because your prediction looks like it's way off....you even commented twice "I'm not wrong yet". You need to be right desperately because that's so important to you.

No, I'm not being a homer. What homer comment have I said?

Yes the Bills had early success and fell after that. So what...it's not the same team. I'm not going to continue being negative because of what happened 6 and 9 years ago with a completely different team, coaching staff and ownership.

Right here enjoying the wins hoping against hope it doesn't end up 7-9

I remember that great 2008 season under my favorite Bills coach, Dick "Play Not To Lose By Too Much" Jauron! The Bills started out 5-2 ... and then went 1-8 the rest of the way :oops: McDermott is a much better coach than Jauron but I'm not convinced that the way the Bills are being built can produce a regular playoff contender. I just don't think that "buying in" and overachieving can trump genuine talent over the long haul since we're talking pro football not family life or something.

Anyhoo, I thought that they were a 5-6 win team but I always said "success" this year would only be either 10 wins or making the playoffs. That looks far more realistic a goal for the Bills than it did back in August or September. They have 9 more games to go. Can they win 5 of them? In September, I didn't see them being able to beat the Broncos, Falcons, Bucs or Raiders. I thought maybe they could win 1 of those, but not all 4.

The Bills have yet to play:

@ the Jests

the Saints

@the Chargers

@the Chiefs

the Patriots

the Colts

the Carp

@the Patriots

@ the Carp.

It's not unrealistic for the Bills to come up with 5 wins from that group. The only games I don't think they have realistic shots at are @the Chiefs and both Patriots games but then I never thought that they could go into Atlanta and kick azz there, either.

However, with the bitter experience of 2008 in mind, I'll believe that they get 10 wins and/or make the playoffs when they actually do ...

Yes you seem a little irritated because your prediction looks like it's way off....you even commented twice "I'm not wrong yet". You need to be right desperately because that's so important to you.

How can you possibly know all this? And yes, the second time I commented that I didn't forget the smiley.

You are like a political pundit with a judgmental agenda... Or are you just an irrational woman?

You should apply for a position at MSNBC if the former.

I just don't think that "buying in" and overachieving can trump genuine talent over the long haul since we're talking pro football not family life or something.

I would agree with this, but they are not even to the point where they are adding their talent... Wait a few drafts to see how it works out?

Edited by T-Bomb

I seen more 5-11 loafers early on then 4-12.

they're still safe, for now...4163359248.gif

Safe? From what exactly?

Are pre-season picks legally contractual in some manner?

If that's the case the 11-5 homers of the last 17 years must be in serious debt.

Edited by T-Bomb