So, 4-12 predictors...how's that working out?

OCinBuffalo

19 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think you are missing OC's point.  He is not arguing that it was impossible for the Bills to have made the playoffs.  He is arguing that when you look at the factors for why they haven't their own suckitude and poor decision making is only one factor.  The existence of the Patriots and the NFL division system are other variables that need to be accounted for.  No other division in the NFL has had a single team win double figure games for 14 consecutive seasons.  Therefore no other division has consistently has such a high bar for getting in.  The Dolphins and Jets have made it a couple of times each and it is to their credit because they have overcome those odds that make it more probable than not that they don't make it.  

Wow, being an Arsenal fan must have done a number on you.

18 hours ago, rodneykm said:

To a lot of people "being realistic" means being super negative. Sometimes that makes sense, but not in our case this year. We were a team on the verge of the playoffs last year. I can't not see how anyone would think we'd be less than a 7 to 9 win team. "4 and 10" is just someones way of getting attention. 

Most of the team was gone, as well as the coaching staff and offensive and defensive schemes. Certainly makes sense for people to think the team wouldn't do well.

I am definitely not negative and find myself defending the team and coaches a lot, but I didn't think the team would win a lot of games. First year of new everything.

18 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Playoffs or no playoffs McD has done a really good job in his 1st year as a HC with the players at his disposal. The talent and depth on the roster needs to be upgraded but McD is doing a good job in his 1st year. 

I 100% agree with this. The team is definitely talent deficient but has found a way to play sound football (for the most part) and win games. That is a mark of good coaches, if you ask me.

• 3 weeks later...

I believed in the FO and McD right from the get go.  You could sense that these guys were different and had a vision and plan.  Never in my wildest dreams did I believe this team would have this many wins and make the playoffs.

It's astounding that this organization was able to achieve what it has with this talent depleted team.  Amazing

i think I was one of the 4-12ers. I was wrong, but not because I was overly or unjustly negative. Rather a realistic assessment of the talent on the team and the amount of change during the off season. Trading away the cream of the the team on both sides of the ball. Not upgrading the OL. Huge change over in the secondary, although they changed the defense to match the talent they brought in.  What I didn't count on was the "process". The players really came together as a team and played hard for their coaches and for each other. This intangible was impossible to predict. For what it's worth, at least I wasn't part of the "Tank" crowd. Happily eating crow for New Year's!

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I knew someone would bump this.  

Yeah, so did I...since...I was the guy who started it, and, I was the guy who responded to the clowns that resurrected it, when the Bills were 5-5.

Of course it was a call-out thread, and I will start 100 more if necessary, clowns. (The trouble is...for the simple...I had no idea who I was calling out, or why, because I had hardly read the board, never mind logged in, when I wrote it...in a F'ing hotel room of all places...for 6 months. Thus, I started this thread like any hunt. You know the prey is out there, it's just a matter of skill/patience to take it.)

Once again, I've done TSW a service. Don't believe me? Ok then, re-read this thread. Remember who is now immortally be-clowned by it. Learn. Repeat. Then, next time, remember this thread, and remember this: "If I have to come down there, somebody's ass is gonna get whipped." :lol:

Edited by OCinBuffalo