Playoffs? Playoffs?? The Playoff Chances Thread

2 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

With the last game to go: If the Bills win and the Ravens lose we are in.

That's the simplest scenario.

And if the ravens win,  we can get in with a titans and Chargers loss (if we win too)?  I think that’s how it breaks down?

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

He plays well against the Dolphins, though.

I think we're gonna win next week. I'm just hoping the Bengals players try to get a W for Marvin Lewis in the stadium where he originally made his name.

This will inevitably be an offseason discussion if this is what plays out :doh:

The discussion should not be focused on a game the Bills likely weren't going to win in the midst of a slump by the QB and the defense ( mostly the QB) . It should be focused on why they lost a winnable game at CIN, ( unable to score in the red zone ) and a game at CAR when they only gave up 3 FGs. The Bills were not winning the Chargers game with either QB the way they were playing and particularly the way LA and Keenan Allen were playing. On another note , it looks like that Titans loss to SF is looming large in the Bills playoff chances slipping away. 

29 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

The discussion should not be focused on a game the Bills likely weren't going to win in the midst of a slump by the QB and the defense ( mostly the QB) . It should be focused on why they lost a winnable game at CIN, ( unable to score in the red zone ) and a game at CAR when they only gave up 3 FGs. The Bills were not winning the Chargers game with either QB the way they were playing and particularly the way LA and Keenan Allen were playing. On another note , it looks like that Titans loss to SF is looming large in the Bills playoff chances slipping away. 

I like this way of thinking.   People want to focus on what happened recently but Cinci and Carolina are both glaring losses that we should have won.  I blame McD and Frasier for putting single coverage on AJ Green out wide with NO safety help in the 1st quarter. Dalton sees it immediately, and its a simple pitch and catch for 70 yards and an easy TD that ultimately was the difference in the game.  What the hell were they thinking?  Green is a hall of famer in his prime, their only weapon and its like we forgot all about it.   Carolina too, just an anemic offense although Zay should have continued his route into the endzone when he saw the safety wasn't going to make it over in time.  Rookie mistake but cost us the game.  Just a couple plays from being 10-5 and playoff locked.

2 hours ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

Apparently we really know how to get the absolutely worst draft pick possible without making the playoffs! Awesome

It’s hard to get 6-7 wins on average for 18 years.

8 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

I like this way of thinking.   People want to focus on what happened recently but Cinci and Carolina are both glaring losses that we should have won.  I blame McD and Frasier for putting single coverage on AJ Green out wide with NO safety help in the 1st quarter. Dalton sees it immediately, and its a simple pitch and catch for 70 yards and an easy TD that ultimately was the difference in the game.  What the hell were they thinking?  Green is a hall of famer in his prime, their only weapon and its like we forgot all about it.   Carolina too, just an anemic offense although Zay should have continued his route into the endzone when he saw the safety wasn't going to make it over in time.  Rookie mistake but cost us the game.  Just a couple plays from being 10-5 and playoff locked.

Exactly. I mean any of those games means win and we are in next week, but no let's focus on what we imagine Tyrod doing against the Chargers.

Maybe Tyrod should've done to the Panthers or Bengals what he hypothetically was going to do to the Chargers.

10 hours ago, dma0034 said:

Bills get in the playoffs with a win and

Ravens loss

Or

Titans and Chargers loss

So you're saying there's a chance...

Bills, Ravens, Titans, and Chargers all playing at 4:25 next Sunday...

Edited by eball

13 minutes ago, eball said:

So you're saying there's a chance...

Bills, Ravens, Titans, and Chargers all playing at 4:25 next Sunday...

Ravens and titans got flexed? That’s annoying. I was hoping I would know whether I needed to stress about the bills or not by the time they played at  4:25

Edited by Stank_Nasty

22 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Ravens and titans got flexed? That’s annoying. I was hoping I would know whether I needed to stress about the bills or not by the time they played at  4:25

I find that to be more fun. Its fun. Not stressful. We are playing a meaningful Week 17 game. 

Edited by What a Tuel

3 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

Exactly. I mean any of those games means win and we are in next week, but no let's focus on what we imagine Tyrod doing against the Chargers.

Maybe Tyrod should've done to the Panthers or Bengals what he hypothetically was going to do to the Chargers.

Any realist knows Tyrod with his incessive 3 & outs would've lost to the Chargers by 14 pts. As so many fans have accurately mentioned this season was doomed by a perennially mediocre QB, an anemic offense run by a weak OC.

Carolina- 3 pts

NE- 3pts / 9 pts

Tyrod couldn't find a way of rallying the team against weaker opponents like Cinncy & NY.

Dump TT & RD, draft a promising pocket qb and a lot of these problems will go away. And finally yes our defense had its moments of struggling, but they had to be demoralized watching the O fail this year.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Any realist knows Tyrod with his incessive 3 & outs would've lost to the Chargers by 14 pts. As so many fans have accurately mentioned this season was doomed by a perennially mediocre QB, an anemic offense run by a weak OC.

Carolina- 3 pts

NE- 3pts / 9 pts

Tyrod couldn't find a way of rallying the team against weaker opponents like Cinncy & NY.

Dump TT & RD, draft a promising pocket qb and a lot of these problems will go away. And finally yes our defense had its moments of struggling, but they had to be demoralized watching the O fail this year.

The three and outs are a heart breaker for the defense. They stop the freaken Patriots, and Tyrod gives it right back to them 1.5 minutes later. Demoralizing.

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

The Jags are not going to want to enter the playoffs on a two game losing streak. They'll be playing to win! They're an inexperienced post season participant. No way the staff wants them doubting themselves entering the playoffs.

Coughlin did that with NYG vs Patriots last game when won Super Bowl, so St Doug may opt to as well

Edited by boco357