CFB playoff rankings

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Peter said:

I don't know who is going to win and what you say is certainly possible (as well as a big Canes win).  Nevertheless, I was at the game in South Bend last year.  ND took an early lead.  The Canes came back and should have won. In the end, ND won in a close game.

This year's game is not in South Bend, but is here in Miami.  I can tell you that the fans have not been as excited about this team since the early 2000's when the program was elite.  I fully expect a huge and loud Miami crowd (there also will be ND fans as there always are around the country).

In addition to it being a home game for UM, this year's team is better than the one that almost beat ND last year in South Bend.

Again, I will be there as a UM fan.  I don't know who will win, but I really got to believe that, going into the game,  UM has has at least as much of a chance to beat ND as the other way around.  We shall see.

ND has obviously improved significantly over last year as well. 

1 hour ago, Gordio said:

If Auburn wins out which would mean beating Georgia twice & Alabama once I got to imagine the Tigers are in with two losses, would be very difficult to keep them out under that scenario.

I'll bear that in mind, thanks!

I would be most impressed if Auburn pulled off these two wins!

I am very nervous about the Auburn game as a UGA fan. I am not sure why but I have a worse feeling about this game than the Bama game. This game this week against auburn is like the Bills game against the Jets. That game that shows you are not the same ole team. I hope Kirby has a good game plan and the team is focused. 

8 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I am very nervous about the Auburn game as a UGA fan. I am not sure why but I have a worse feeling about this game than the Bama game. This game this week against auburn is like the Bills game against the Jets. That game that shows you are not the same ole team. I hope Kirby has a good game plan and the team is focused. 

What is it that makes you confident about playing the Tide? I am NOT saying that you shouldn't be confident mind you. I'm just wondering why.

13 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I can also understand the nerves. I’m not sure auburn has faced the kind of running game UGA is bringing in. 

32 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I can also understand the nerves. I’m not sure auburn has faced the kind of running game UGA is bringing in. 

My prime beef with announcers is they take the 70-0 cupcake out-of-and cupcake conference games stats and pretend they have even 1% relevance in top games.

13 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

What is it that makes you confident about playing the Tide? I am NOT saying that you shouldn't be confident mind you. I'm just wondering why.

I guess because this has been the game UGA would drop under Richt. UGA has had top talent for years, 4 and 5 star recruits coming in and guys all over the NFL. The problem has been the talent hasn’t translated to a title shot.  Dawgs were close in 2012 when they almost beat Bama in the SEC title game. Everyone knew that was the title game. ND was a joke. I  think if Kirby can get the Dawgs to the SEC title game undefeated it’s a new era for UGA football. 

The Dawgs maybe have the two best backs in all the country. Chubb is a beast. He will have a nice pro career. Thinking maybe Ray Rice...Michel on the other hand is going to be a dynamic pro. If either one was the focused back they would be leading college football in yards by a good bit most likely. They both have ridiculous yards per carry stats.

i am coming up to Buffalo this weekend. Looking forward to watching the games 716 sports bar. Hear it’s awesome. Hopefully they will play some SEC football for us.

• Like (+1) 1

A few were jabbering on the radio how keeping the BiG 10 and Big 12 and PAC 12 out will bring a furious set of meetings to change things on the playoff

thats a ton of $$$$ is they lose out on

Edited by row_33

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.