CFB playoff rankings

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think it’s tough to leave miami out of top 4 at this point. Undefeated and just beat #13 handily. I think they replace Clemson for now. Wisconsin still hasn’t beaten a ranked opponent so I would have them around 5 or 6. They play Michigan and then should be in B1G title game so will have their chance to move up. I will go with Bama, UGA, Miami, ND for this week. If Wisky flips with ND due to record though I could see that. ND plays Miami this week so that takes care of one of those two.

I agree, Miami has done everything that you could ask them to do up to this point. Clemson suffered a bad loss at Syracuse. The Tigers should be asked to do more before working their way back into the top 4. 

an undefeated Wisconsin is going to the Playoff no matter what apprehension or bias you want to put on right now.

[and I don't expect the Badgers to go undefeated but that will tower over the winners that have a loss.]

It will be decided based on what happens to the end of the conference championship games, and an undefeated Wisconsin is GOING to the "final four".

---------------------------------

the loser between Miami and Clemson will be out, they should meet in the ACC title game.

the first time the ACC title game wasn't a total joke, or one of the precious few???

putting up playoff standings right now is half as meaningless as putting them up opening week of the season, it will pan out in unexpected ways

maybe Auburn will bring it to UGA and Bama....

Edited by row_33

coming up soon, TCU/Okla,  Wash/Stan, ND/Miami, will sort things out better so no point in thinking too hard about this....

I wish Sparty/tOSU mattered...

no 2-loss team is going unless there are truly no other options, highly doubtful...

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

coming up soon, TCU/Okla,  Wash/Stan, ND/Miami, will sort things out better so no point in thinking too hard about this....

I wish Sparty/tOSU mattered...

no 2-loss team is going unless there are truly no other options, highly doubtful...

The only hope for the B1G is Wisconsin winning out

46 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Been awhile since ND/Miami meant something on the national scene, great games this weekend, enjoy being at this one!

Indeed. It has been a long, long time.

I read that College Game Day is coming down here as well.  I am even thinking about going to that.  I heard that also could be a lot of fun.

27 minutes ago, Peter said:

Indeed. It has been a long, long time.

I read that College Game Day is coming down here as well.  I am even thinking about going to that.  I heard that also could be a lot of fun.

Don’t forget your sign. Personally I think manti teo jokes are still funny B-)

16 hours ago, Peter said:

I am going to the Canes game against Notre Dame on Saturday.  This game should be a lot of fun.  I went to the Canes/Notre Dame game in South Bend last year. That was fun even though the wrong team won.

That should be a real good game.   Loser is out.  Should be a great atmosphere.  How is the new refurbished stadium.  I have been there numerous times for Bills games under the old model.  I never was impressed with that stadium.  It did look pretty cool on TV on the Sunday night game last weekend. 

So much rides on this weekend alone, the playoff rankings are pointless until the conference title games are finished

THEN THE FUN BEGINS for TV ad revenues...   ND is so golden for that, the Big 12 not so much anymore...

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

Is there a possibility for a 2-loss team getting into the Playoff?

I mean more than a mathematical possibility.

Nice to have a lot of games matter this weekend!

If Auburn wins out which would mean beating Georgia twice & Alabama once I got to imagine the Tigers are in with two losses, would be very difficult to keep them out under that scenario.

5 hours ago, Gordio said:

That should be a real good game.   Loser is out.  Should be a great atmosphere.  How is the new refurbished stadium.  I have been there numerous times for Bills games under the old model.  I never was impressed with that stadium.  It did look pretty cool on TV on the Sunday night game last weekend. 

It is hard for me to compliment the Dolphins, but I have to say that they did a fantastic job with the renovations.  It is almost like a brand new stadium and does not have that cookie cutter feel that it used to have.

The canopy is great for us, because our UM season tickets are on the south side (home side) on the 30 yard line, 13th row.  I no longer have to bake in that stadium.  As someone who used to play football way back, I have no idea how 300 pound linemen play in that heat in an afternoon game in September. 

There also are four huge TV screens (one in each corner of the stadium) which are great when needed. 

If you go to a Bills game there, I think that you will like what they did.

2 hours ago, FLXbillsmafia said:

I think ND will crush Miami this weekend by at least 2 TDs, and very likely by 20+ points. Miami has a great pass defense, but a weaker rush defense. ND will have 300+ rush yards, and Miami doesn't have the offense to keep up.

I don't know who is going to win and what you say is certainly possible (as well as a big Canes win).  Nevertheless, I was at the game in South Bend last year.  ND took an early lead.  The Canes came back and should have won. In the end, ND won in a close game.

This year's game is not in South Bend, but is here in Miami.  I can tell you that the fans have not been as excited about this team since the early 2000's when the program was elite.  I fully expect a huge and loud Miami crowd (there also will be ND fans as there always are around the country).

In addition to it being a home game for UM, this year's team is better than the one that almost beat ND last year in South Bend.

Again, I will be there as a UM fan.  I don't know who will win, but I really got to believe that, going into the game,  UM has has at least as much of a chance to beat ND as the other way around.  We shall see.

Edited by Peter

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.