Brandon Beane already top 3 worst GM's in bills history

Yeezus

Hasn't made a single right decision his tenure here. Keeps trading away the only talented players on our roster and for what?

Has anyone taken a look at our DT depth, its horrible. He just handed out a pro bowl DT in the prime of his career for pennies.

NONE of his trades/signings have made any sense. complete shambles.

People think this is a good trade just bc we are 4-2. Wait until November rolls around and the real Buffalo Bills show up just like the last 17 years folks.

This fan base is legit the most delusional in the NFL. no joke. If anyone is responsible for the success of our team right now its DOUG WHALEY

This is the only move im happy about. You are right the real Bills... I dont know when but I am waiting. My heart cant take any more dissapointment. I think thats why I dont care. I want a good show who competes on all facets of the game. I wish they would have just made a move in the off season and we could have taken our punishment this year. Edited by Agent 91

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hasn't made a single right decision his tenure here. Keeps trading away the only talented players on our roster and for what?

Has anyone taken a look at our DT depth, its horrible. He just handed out a pro bowl DT in the prime of his career for pennies.

NONE of his trades/signings have made any sense. complete shambles.

People think this is a good trade just bc we are 4-2. Wait until November rolls around and the real Buffalo Bills show up just like the last 17 years folks.

This fan base is legit the most delusional in the NFL. no joke. If anyone is responsible for the success of our team right now its DOUG WHALEY

Sounds like you're.... concerned?

I find it is a good idea not to make new threads or post too much when I am emotional over a decision the Bills just made. Just saying is all...

And IMO there is no way you can say Beane is in the top 3 worst GM's when he hasn't even made a single draft pick yet. He hired a top notch scouting and personnel staff (on paper). IMO it looks to be the best front office/scouting staff we've had in a long time. This team will be built through the draft. So until we see how they build through the draft we can't really judge.

Plus as of now I really trust McDermott and he trusts Beane.

We also know that McD has been trying to trade Dareus since the offseason. From what I've read there is good reason. Dareus wasn't buying in, wasn't putting in the work, had to have Kyle Williams telling him the play calls and what he's supposed to be doing. That's unacceptable at his salary level. There was obviously things going on behind the scenes that we were not privy to...

IMO You need your highest paid players to be leaders on the team, because they are usually going to be looked at as leaders anyway just because of their salary.

One of the worst GM's in history has taken the Bills out of salary cap purgatory and he hasn't even been here a year yet. Nice job beanie boy!

Losing all of these "great players" and McD has them playing at a playoff level. The future looks bright... :flirt:

I got to agree with you to a certain degree.

I didn't mind the other trades, but this one doesn't make much sense to me.

I know they are trying to get rid of cap space, but still....

They are 4-2 and in the middle of a playoff race and they traded a starting DT for a 6th round pick.

I dont think Dareus is even close to playing at a probowl level, but nevertheless he is one of their best options at DT, and at worse he provides great depth.

In saying that, It is way too early to say he is a horrible GM but I really did not like this move

Edited by billsfan11

Damn. You can't and won't ever win with selfish, stupid, and lazy players. Pure raw talent is useless without drive, passion motivation, intelligence, and commitment to teamwork. Dareus is a child. And he's has not dominated as he should given his talent so you can't overlook transgressions when they're no dominate. LT was a drunk and coke head but he dominated so the Giants looked the other way and paid him. I't not advocating that, but saying that it's easier to look the other way when a guy with god given talent dominates. Dareus just isn't worth it. Watkins was outshined by Woods here and is again in LA. Ragland and Darby were scheme none-fits and Cardale was a project.

This is the Patriots methods, which I have watched and appreciated for years. Create a culture of accountability, responsibility and professionalism. Treat players like adults and draft smart, committed, intelligent players who hate to lose and are willing to put in the time and effort to earn their paychecks. Pure athletic talent absent brains is useless. More Tre Whites, less Marcel Dareus'.

How many first round athletic freaks do you need to see flame our here before you realize that it's more than a 40 time? Mike Williams, Leodis McKelvin, Erik Flowers, JP Losman, CJ Spiller, Aaron Maybin, Willis McGahee, Marshawn Lynch... all since 2000. All physically gifted, all sucked.

Too large of contingent of football fans are brawn over brains, emotion over ration. Finally we have a GM and coach on the same page with a clear plan to build a winner. Let it play out. If we get a QB, this model works.

I have no problem with letting Dareus go but I do believe that he should have held out for more than a sixth round pick. At least tell me that it's a conditional pick that could end up being a 4th based on performance and usage.

Get a grip. The Bills now have have considerable cap flexibility, they have good players that fit their systems, have stockpiled 10 picks and they are frggin are 4-2, with have a decent chance at the playoffs. At worse, Beane is a good GM.

I got to agree with you to a certain degree.

I didn't mind the other trades, but this one doesn't make much sense to me.

I know they are trying to get rid of cap space, but still....

They are 4-2 and in the middle of a playoff race and they traded a starting DT for a 6th round pick.

I dont think Dareus is even close to playing at a probowl level, but nevertheless he is one of their best options at DT, and at worse he provides great depth.

In saying that, It is way too early to say he is a horrible GM but I really did not like this move

Barely starting and not even remotely playing to his contract. Several DTs have out played him or matched his performance, he’s one toke from a one year suspension and if we think he’s average now, what would the Bills get for him in a year or two (and tens o millions dollars later)?

#Bills GM Brandon Beane said if they cannot trade Anquan Boldin, that he has no plans of releasing the player from his contract.

The Bills will save $5.73 million off their 2017 salary cap and $2.375 million off their 2018 salary cap. 2019-21 years get wiped out.

Absolutely brilliant! :thumbsup:

Damn. You can't and won't ever win with selfish, stupid, and lazy players. Pure raw talent is useless without drive, passion motivation, intelligence, and commitment to teamwork. Dareus is a child. And he's has not dominated as he should given his talent so you can't overlook transgressions when they're no dominate. LT was a drunk and coke head but he dominated so the Giants looked the other way and paid him. I't not advocating that, but saying that it's easier to look the other way when a guy with god given talent dominates. Dareus just isn't worth it. Watkins was outshined by Woods here and is again in LA. Ragland and Darby were scheme none-fits and Cardale was a project.

This is the Patriots methods, which I have watched and appreciated for years. Create a culture of accountability, responsibility and professionalism. Treat players like adults and draft smart, committed, intelligent players who hate to lose and are willing to put in the time and effort to earn their paychecks. Pure athletic talent absent brains is useless. More Tre Whites, less Marcel Dareus'.

How many first round athletic freaks do you need to see flame our here before you realize that it's more than a 40 time? Mike Williams, Leodis McKelvin, Erik Flowers, JP Losman, CJ Spiller, Aaron Maybin, Willis McGahee, Marshawn Lynch... all since 2000. All physically gifted, all sucked.

Too large of contingent of football fans are brawn over brains, emotion over ration. Finally we have a GM and coach on the same page with a clear plan to build a winner. Let it play out. If we get a QB, this model works.

Willis was decent

I have no problem with letting Dareus go but I do believe that he should have held out for more than a sixth round pick. At least tell me that it's a conditional pick that could end up being a 4th based on performance and usage.

I'm with you - why even bother for such a low pick? Better to just keep him in the rotation through this season. He's been disappointing, but he's still a better DT than anyone on the team not named Kyle Williams. I would rather have his services now and straight up cut him in the off-season, than lose him for a likely-meaningless draft pick.

Willis McGahee was a good RB in this league for many years and Lynch was an All Pro who helped Seattle win a SB. I don't think they by any means "sucked".