Matt Milano starting LB from here on out?

Matt seems like he's taken advantage of his opportunity and if he keeps playing like this and improving with each game, he may stick around as a starter and replace Alexander on the other side. His speed has been quite noticeable compared to our other linebackers and he's shown he has the potential to be a very solid linebacker. Could potentially a nice find late in the 2017 draft.

How soon some forget Humbers play before the thumb injury. I recall speed being a big part of his game...just saying.....

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

I think Milano deserves a hard look for starter. The thing I find fun about this is how all of you are quick to forget we only have him because we gave up td mike for the 5th rounder. We snagged him with that pick. Begs the question which player would you rather have?

• 1 month later...
On 11/1/2017 at 3:36 AM, CDogg20 said:

I think Milano deserves a hard look for starter. The thing I find fun about this is how all of you are quick to forget we only have him because we gave up td mike for the 5th rounder. We snagged him with that pick. Begs the question which player would you rather have?

You mean "healthy scratch" Mike? 

Milano needs to be moved to full time MLB and play every single snap. He is the best LB on our team, good things happen when he’s on the field. Passing lanes are smaller, there seem to be more opportunities for turnovers. He is fast, young and physical. Preston Brown is way to slow to play MLB in this defense, move him to SLB where he belongs. Milano should be the centerpiece and face of this defense going forward. The guy needs to be on the field all game.

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Milano needs to be moved to full time MLB and play every single snap. He is the best LB on our team, good things happen when he’s on the field. Passing lanes are smaller, there seem to be more opportunities for turnovers. He is fast, young and physical. Preston Brown is way to slow to play MLB in this defense, move him to SLB where he belongs. Milano should be the centerpiece and face of this defense going forward. The guy needs to be on the field all game.

Agreed that he needs to be on the field, however...

Milano is suited for the WLB position in this defense. His athleticism and versatility can be showcased there. At MLB we'd see his weaknesses magnified: sifting through traffic and shedding linemen's blocks.

A faster MLB would be awesome. But I don't think Milano is the right fit there. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I hope he’s not the MLB of our future.  Looking at our current LB unit, I’d be fine with him playing Mlb, strictly because we may have the worst Lb unit in the league.  Going forward, I think he suits the WLB spot very well and should start there next to a draft pick or FA that isn’t currently on the team.  

Id prefer to start Humber at MLB and Milano at WLb to see if Milano can show improvement and can take the WLB position next season.  Brown can go at any time.

9 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Milano is suited for the WLB position in this defense. His athleticism and versatility can be showcased there. At MLB we'd see his weaknesses magnified: sifting through traffic and shedding linemen's blocks.

100% agree

16 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Maybe I’m being greedy but I want to play Milano at MLB now. Let him get control of the calls on the field and being the brain of the defense this year, then draft an even faster guy in April to play WLB. The game has changed. LBs need to be able to run. I want Milano to play MLB and by next year he will have already had a year of this Defense under his belt. Bring in an even faster guy in the offseason and let him play WLB.

While Humber was hurt this guy played his butt off & made a lot of plays it almost seemed as though when Humber came back that was when the D started its down hill slide . I

I thought McD would see that & change things back & have Humber as the rotation guy ... I think Millano is a better fit for this D it needs his speed !!

32 minutes ago, T master said:

While Humber was hurt this guy played his butt off & made a lot of plays it almost seemed as though when Humber came back that was when the D started its down hill slide . I

I thought McD would see that & change things back & have Humber as the rotation guy ... I think Millano is a better fit for this D it needs his speed !!

....EXACTLY!.....injury was unfortunate but this kid is a baller......reminds me of Dopey Dickie Jauron's luvfest with vets.......Anthiny Thomas was his man while FredEx rode the pine....STILL remember the game when we were 1st and goal and "A-Caboose"....sorry...."Train" failed THREE times to get it in..........

Weak side linebacker is good for him. He needs more PT in the rotation. Zo is more of a part times player at this point. We only really have 4 guys with Humber included who belong on the field right now. Vallejo is not ready to do much yet. But, don't sleep on him either.

Edited by horned dogs

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Are you crazy?  Put a 221 lb LB at MLB???  Thats light in COLLEGE for a MLB, forget about the NFL...

He would be getting trucked by offensive lineman the entire game.  Do you not understand the roles linebackers actually play in a defensive system? 

He would make a great WILL backer because he is fast and has good coverage skills, and for his size he seems like a good tackler...they are the linebackers most often asked to cover in a 4-3.

I suggest you get a better understanding of the roles different linebackers play, because this is a downright ridiculous comment.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 2