Matt Milano starting LB from here on out?

He's listed at 6'0 and 223 lbs. Kinda tweener between a SS and LB. But he's playing much bigger than that. We'll have to see how he is in a power run game when the OL are on him. Right now, I really like his speed and cover abilities. He's a steal for a 7th rounder.

He was a 5th rounder but your point is well taken.

Milano has been a MONSTER.

Not sure how McD can justify taking this beast out of the starting lineup. Nothing against Humber but his play was average and no where close to what Milano is doing. And you have to trend towards the rookie with upside vs. a veteran whose mostly been a backup and ST player in his career.

Milano has been a MONSTER.

Not sure how McD can justify taking this beast out of the starting lineup. Nothing against Humber but his play was average and no where close to what Milano is doing. And you have to trend towards the rookie with upside vs. a veteran whose mostly been a backup and ST player in his career.

Humber's play was not average he was all over the field...how quickly we forget. The revisionist history on this board is just comical at times.

Edited by matter2003

Right. He said Humber would start once he's healthy, but that doesn't mean there won't be some platooning going on. I think Milano will be seeing some D snaps moving forward.

Yes, I think they will use Milano in passing situations, as he has better coverage skills than Humber. (and has produced two big plays in two weeks in coverage)

I watched the condensed game and just concentrated on Milano every play. He was decent to pretty good. Didn't stand out at all. Did fairly well in coverage usually. Didn't get off blocks all that well. We love the TD but it did just bounce right in his hands so that was a luck play more than skill. The strip on the KO was great. Easily his best play. He wasn't great in any way but he was decent to pretty good.

I watched the condensed game and just concentrated on Milano every play. He was decent to pretty good. Didn't stand out at all. Did fairly well in coverage usually. Didn't get off blocks all that well. We love the TD but it did just bounce right in his hands so that was a luck play more than skill. The strip on the KO was great. Easily his best play. He wasn't great in any way but he was decent to pretty good.

Seems like a player with good instincts and coverage ability but his size still prevents him from making a huge impact in the run game. All the stuff the scouting report told us.

The ball bouncing into his hands is luck, but we should credit the coaching for our boys being so good at knocking the balls out and our players swarming to the ball.

i will wait to see what kind of dip he can make out of Chunky Soup before making such declarations

Was that a Kiko joke? YiO mentions soup and then you mention condensed. Other words could have been used like compressed.

And the skill on play was by Johnson who deliberately went for the ball. Milano knows this and one shot shows him pointing to Johnson telling him 'you made the play".

On this matter White needs to learn when you are the ball carrier's wingman you do not get ahead of ball carrier unless there is someone ahead of him!

Rookies!

I hope Humber takes Lorax's side when he comes back. Let Lorax come in for runs and rushing and keep him out of coverage.

Excellent idea! Milano has a gift for being in the right spot and making plays. Isn't it nice to be talking about Milano & Humber in Novemeber!!

I hope Humber takes Lorax's side when he comes back. Let Lorax come in for runs and rushing and keep him out of coverage.

I agree. Isn't it nice to be talking about Humber and Milano in November??

Having to make the decision is a nice problem to have...

all about packages an flexibility. i like what McD is doing

Seems like a player with good instincts and coverage ability but his size still prevents him from making a huge impact in the run game. All the stuff the scouting report told us.

The ball bouncing into his hands is luck, but we should credit the coaching for our boys being so good at knocking the balls out and our players swarming to the ball.

his ST play is pretty darned good all season.