Matt Milano starting LB from here on out?

At minimum, Milano has proved he can be a valuable part of the rotation. And he is probably our best coverage linebacker. Both he and Vallejo run like the wind. The speed of those two later picks say a lot about what McDermott wants in LBs long-term.

Agreed. Intrigued to see who he decides to grab at the Linebacker position in the draft with all the picks we have. I'm sure it'll be along the same type of skill-set. He can get his guy at linebacker this year and fill some of the other glaring holes.

At minimum, Milano has proved he can be a valuable part of the rotation. And he is probably our best coverage linebacker. Both he and Vallejo run like the wind. The speed of those two later picks say a lot about what McDermott wants in LBs long-term.

If we don't package picks to move up for a QB expect at worst one of those 2nd rounders to go on an inside backer. I could even see them spending a 1st on one. Roquan Smith from Georgia would look awfully good in this scheme IMO.

If we don't package picks to move up for a QB expect at worst one of those 2nd rounders to go on an inside backer. I could even see them spending a 1st on one. Roquan Smith from Georgia would look awfully good in this scheme IMO.

Completely agree about Roquan Smith. Might even see him use one of our 3rd or 4th round picks to get another fast linebacker in the building. Three young fast linebackers in front of an underrated secondary who can make plays would be exciting

Completely agree about Roquan Smith. Might even see him use one of our 3rd or 4th round picks to get another fast linebacker in the building. Three young fast linebackers in front of an underrated secondary who can make plays would be exciting

Is he a senior or a junior? Does anyone know?

McD already said that Humber is getting his starting job back when healthy.

Don't be surprised if we see Milano in more coverage sets though especially in place of Alexander. Only problem with that is we sacrifice a very good pass rusher by doing that.

Keep Zo in if you are going to rush him. If he is dropping he is basically a traffic cone.

I hope Humber takes Lorax's side when he comes back. Let Lorax come in for runs and rushing and keep him out of coverage.

Yes please, he was terrible last game.

He can keep rushing on passing downs, put him in as a DE but no more coverage for him.

Milano certainly is earning some more playing time. Lorax is a bit on the small side for this but I could see him being a edge rusher on obvious passing downs rather than a LB that has to drop into coverage. He tends to draw dumb penalties at the wrong time of the game to hurt the team as well which to me is reason enough to reduce his playing time.

What is Milano, 221 pounds, yes he is very good in coverage if I were an offense I would run right at him, punish him.

Your coverage linebackers tend to be around that weight.

Over the long terme I would like to see him add about 15 pounds to his frame as long as it doesnt cost speed.......but the kid is a very good tackler