Matt Milano starting LB from here on out?

Matt seems like he's taken advantage of his opportunity and if he keeps playing like this and improving with each game, he may stick around as a starter and replace Alexander on the other side. His speed has been quite noticeable compared to our other linebackers and he's shown he has the potential to be a very solid linebacker. Could potentially a nice find late in the 2017 draft.

Matt seems like he's taken advantage of his opportunity and if he keeps playing like this and improving with each game, he may stick around as a starter and replace Alexander on the other side. His speed has been quite noticeable compared to our other linebackers and he's shown he has the potential to be a very solid linebacker. Could potentially a nice find late in the 2017 draft.

He'll return to reserve duty once Humber is healthy per both Frazier and McDermott.

Right. He said Humber would start once he's healthy, but that doesn't mean there won't be some platooning going on. I think Milano will be seeing some D snaps moving forward.

It's certainly trending that way with the way he looked against TB. His coverage skills are needed based on what we've seen of late.

I hope Humber takes Lorax's side when he comes back. Let Lorax come in for runs and rushing and keep him out of coverage.

I like this idea, though I wouldn't expect Humber to disappear from the weak side altogether. Knowing that Milano can handle the position increases the Bills' flexibility at linebacker.

Milano has made some nice plays and filled in admirably (especially for a rookie), but don't kid yourself. Humber is the better player right now and we need him back ASAP. McD has confirmed Humber is the starter when back, as he should be.

Maybe explain more on why Humber is a better player, especially since Humber is injured and Milano was top notch this past week.

2 TFL, a QB hit + an int and the guy is just getting his wheels under him.

Otherwise, I'm inclined to continue to fool myself.

Why do people keep saying Humber can cover? He was really bad in coverage against Carolina in particular and struggled in some other situations as well. Personally I believe that to play McDermott's defense to achieve the maximum possible results we will eventually need better coverage linebackers. If Matt Milano is the best coverage backer we have currently (and I think he is based on what I have seen from his limited action so far) then he should be on the field pretty much every down. What combination of the other 3 you then fit around him remains to be seen, but Zo needs to be in as an off the ball linebacker on as few passing downs as possible.

I don't know I think a few more games of solid play from Milano would convince the coaching staff to give him a starting spot. Why not? He is the type of linebacker that McDermott likes in his scheme. I think his ceiling is around Kiko Alonso's abilities. I think he is the first piece to the linebacker core that McDermott wants. If he can keep his play up, you can't tell me he wouldn't be an upgrade over Zo's lackluster coverage skills. And I would love to see him blitz, a guy of that speed could wreak havoc in the backfield if used properly and we know that McDermott knows how to utilize fast linebackers. I expect another big week from him against the Raiders.

Humber is better player at this point