[closed]Another Taylor Thread? Yes another

Foreigner

Sticking with the theme....the theme of Buffalo Bills....these are very good! Classic Buffalo WIngs recipe!

INGREDIENTS
  • 2 lb. chicken wings
  • 2 tbsp. olive oil
  • kosher salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/4 c. hot sauce (such as Franks)
  • 4 tbsp. butter
  • 2 tbsp. honey
  • Ranch dressing for serving
  • Carrot sticks, for serving
  • celery sticks, for serving
DIRECTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 400° and place a wire rack over a baking sheet.
  2. In a large bowl, toss chicken wings with oil and season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
  3. Bake until chicken is golden and skin is crispy, 50 to 60 minutes, flipping the wings halfway through.
  4. In a small saucepan, whisk together hot sauce and honey. Bring to simmer then stir in butter. Cook until melted and slightly reduced, about 2 minutes. Heat broiler on low. Transfer baked wings to a bowl and toss with sauce until completely coated. Return wings to rack and broil (watching carefully!) until sauce caramelizes, 3 minutes. Serve with ranch and vegetables.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody expects perfection. Everybody has a right to expect competence in all phases of his craft, and that includes situations like last Sunday. Down by 7 4th quarter winding down and the ball in his hands. He's done it 3 times(I think) in two and a half years versus 17 attempts. And that, my friends, is a deal breaker.

Kinda depends on how you look at it. Let's take the last four times Taylor has been asked to perform late game heroics :

(1) Miami, last year : TT looked pretty good, leading the team to a touchdown on a fourth down TD pass with under 90 seconds left to play.

(2) Carolina, this year : TT led the team down the field, survived a questionable PI call, and would have had a last second TD pass if an overwhelmed rookie had the slightest bit of ball awareness.

(3) Cincinnati, this year : Not a finest hour kinda deal.

(4) Tampa Bay : TT led the team down the field with big plays to tie; made a clutch throw for the FG to win.

It's rather funny that many of the very people who insist on their "eye test" over numbers & stats then turn around and lay everything off on cold-hard win-loss numbers for their "deal breaker" on late game comebacks. Seems like an "eye test" would be extra relevant there, huh? And Taylor has looked pretty clutch the last few times in that situation.....

Edited by grb

Kinda depends on how you look at it. Let's take the last four times Taylor has been asked to perform late game heroics :

(1) Miami, last year : TT looked pretty good, leading the team to a touchdown on a fourth down TD pass with under 90 seconds left to play.

(2) Carolina, this year : TT led the team down the field, survived a questionable PI call, and would have had a last second TD pass if an overwhelmed rookie had the slightest bit of ball awareness.

(3) Cincinnati, this year : Not a finest hour kinda deal.

(4) Tampa Bay : TT led the team down the field with big plays to tie; made a clutch throw for the FG to win.

It's rather funny that many of the very people who insist on their "eye test" over numbers & stats then turn around and lay everything off on cold-hard win-loss numbers for their "deal breaker" on late game comebacks. Seems like an "eye test" would be extra relevant there, huh? And Taylor has looked pretty clutch the last few times in that situation.....

Cool. But where's your recipe?

I think the turkey sliders are perfect. Maybe make them with the flaky dinner rolls instead of regular mini burger rolls.

...or how about cranberry stuffed turkey stuffing meatballs?

http://www.familyfeedbag.com/2011/10/cranberry-stuffed-turkey-meatballs.html

...I'd add gravy for dipping.

Edited by BringBackFlutie

Cool. But where's your recipe?

I think the turkey sliders are perfect. Maybe make them with the flaky dinner rolls instead of regular mini burger rolls.

...or how about cranberry stuffed turkey stuffing meatballs?

http://www.familyfeedbag.com/2011/10/cranberry-stuffed-turkey-meatballs.html

...I'd add gravy for dipping.

Flaky dinner rolls made me think of another favorite easy recipe.

Crescent rolls, chicken tenders, ham, swiss cheese.

Cook tenders, place swiss on top, wrap with ham (deli ham or leftover ham), stretch crescent roll around it. Cook until crescent roll is done.

Bam chicken cordon bleu you can grab and go with. Anytime we have left over ham this gets made. Cheap, easy, quick, portable. What more do you need from a snack/meal.

Sorry for the punctuation but a Rolex may be harder to look at than a Timex, but it is still a Rolex.

By the way billsfan60, where did you get the figures Taylor has been down in the 4th quarter with the ball in his

hands 17 times-with 3 successes. From CBS? He is 19-16 as a starter, so I guess 14 times are his fault he

could not win the game.

Working from memory, which is why I said "I think" but that wasn't wins and losses, it was drives. Probably should have kept my mouth shut as there is no way to prove it.

Did you ever notice that Tyrod's first and last name both start with the letter "T", it got me thinking what is his middle name and does it also start with a "T".

Well it actually doesn't, his full name is Tyrod Di'allo Taylor, I don't believe this has been discussed enough.

Edited by The Drought

My late mom's go to meal...delish

Spray a pan with a nonstick cooking spray

Mix milk, eggs, salt,pepper,and flour

Layer chilies, olives then the mixture made in step 1, then the cheese

Go in this order until you run our of ingredients and put EXTRA cheese on the top! She would always use tons of cheese, tons!

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes

Actually .... The quick RED fox jumped over the lazy BROWN dog.

just sayin'

You beat me to it.

The significance of that sentence is that it uses every letter in the alphabet. But you knew that.

Tyrod good. Unless not. But maybe better next time. Unless not.

[This is an automated response]<br /><br />This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread. <br /><br />Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics. <br /><br />Thank you.