PFF has Bills defense graded out as the 4th best in the NFL

Through 6 weeks, also important to note they have Trey White graded out as the 5th best overall DB in the NFL (including rookies and veterans).

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-defenses-after-week-6?utm_content=bufferb90d0&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=nfl

4. Buffalo Bills BEST-GRADED STARTER: Tre’Davious White, CB, 89.7 WORST-GRADED: Adolphus Washington, DI, 43.8

Buffalo’s defense has been a revelation in 2017. On paper this entire franchise looked to be rebuilding heading into the season, but the defense has been a force, and first round rookie Tre’Davious White has held up as the team’s top cornerback in year one. Jerry Hughes on the edge has also rediscovered his best form, and has 26 total pressures as well as 11 defensive stops.

DMhukNmXkAACFX6.jpg

Edited by SaviorPeterman

Fourth in the league is probably a little disappointing, to be honest with you, because that's not where my expectations are.

You honestly expected this team to have a better defense than this given the roster churning in the offseason and expectations by most experts that this team would be in the running for the 2018 overall pick??

Through 6 weeks, also important to note they have Trey White graded out as the 5th best overall DB in the NFL (including rookies and veterans).

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-defenses-after-week-6?utm_content=bufferb90d0&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=nfl

DMhukNmXkAACFX6.jpg

The Saints have a defense?

Uh oh.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

DMhukNmXkAACFX6.jpg

Rex Ryan comments:

Fourth in the league is probably a little disappointing, to be honest with you, because that’s not where my expectations are. I know we’ll lead the league in defense. That’s just the way it goes.

When I first saw the graphic, I thought they had the Browns rated as the number 1 defense. And I laughed. :lol:

After reading the link, Browns are down where they belong. Minnesota is on top.

Raiders are 9th though? Sure didn't seem like it last night.

When I first saw the graphic, I thought they had the Browns rated as the number 1 defense. And I laughed. :lol:

After reading the link, Browns are down where they belong. Minnesota is on top.

Raiders are 9th though? Sure didn't seem like it last night.

Yes the graphic is for the DB's where White is ranked #5 overall.

Raiders defense made plays when it needed to last night and PFF's system doesn't seem to account for total yards allowed/points per game. But I tend to agree I don't necessarily view them as a top 10 unit.

To me it's surprising and very impressive when the Bills offense is rated 31st. If the offense does not improve however, I think that this changes as the season goes on.

Yes it shows how much of the load they've truly carried and why we have been fortunate to win 3 of the first 5.

But I still think things will balance out soon if the offense doesn't start to show something because no way the defense can sustain this level of play for 16 games and eventually guys simply wear out when they know the other side of the ball is holding up their end of the bargain so to speak.