Stop linking to Buffalo News aritcles

xsoldier54

There are articles from Rochester, Syracuse, Batavia, AP, WGR, WKBW......plenty of choices.....Subscribers to the News articles would want them listed as well.

That's fine. How about not having the first 12 or 13 always be from the News.

Anyone else feel the same way?

No. In fact, I think SDS should charge you an !@#$ fee while you're using this site.

But seriously, though...a simple indicator that an article is paid or free would be a user-friendly design. It may already be there, I don't know...but if not, something like a simple dollar sign image next to the url should be easy to implement (one image, and a CSS class to show it), a nice UI feature, and would take care of the OP's perceived problem of paid vs. free articles not being distinct. (Though he would still be hampered by his actual problem of being an immature

No. In fact, I think SDS should charge you an !@#$ fee while you're using this site.

But seriously, though...a simple indicator that an article is paid or free would be a user-friendly design. It may already be there, I don't know...but if not, something like a simple dollar sign image next to the url should be easy to implement (one image, and a CSS class to show it), a nice UI feature, and would take care of the OP's perceived problem of paid vs. free articles not being distinct. (Though he would still be hampered by his actual problem of being an immature dipshit.)

There is an icon. I understand how it works. I was just making a simple suggestion and people are absolutely freaking out about it. And calling people names doesn't make your argument any stronger, it just shows ignorance. If the owner of the page wishes to put the 12 or 13 paid articles up front, that is his prerogative. I completely get it. Again, it was just a suggestion.

There is an icon. I understand how it works. I was just making a simple suggestion and people are absolutely freaking out about it. And calling people names doesn't make your argument any stronger, it just shows ignorance. If the owner of the page wishes to put the 12 or 13 paid articles up front, that is his prerogative. I completely get it. Again, it was just a suggestion.

If there's an icon, then you're not "just making a simple suggestion." You're asking SDS to pander to your excessive laziness by eliminating something that you can already be avoided by you via a very simple and already available feature.

So, like I said...your actual problem is that you're an immature

I get that some find paywalls annoying. But when the editor in charge of the publication comes to the forum to address individual questions and concerns, I think the matter is settled.

I'm personally not paying for the premium content myself, but I understand why it exists and why it's linked on the TBD front page so I'm not gonna carp about it.

It is easy to understand. You dared questioned SDS. You don't ever do that around these parts. Believe me I know first hand.

Edited by Gordio

If there's an icon, then you're not "just making a simple suggestion." You're asking SDS to pander to your excessive laziness by eliminating something that you can already be avoided by you via a very simple and already available feature.

So, like I said...your actual problem is that you're an immature

Well said. Especially the last 2 words.

If I ran TwoBillsDrive I would not be upset to hear from customers on what they would like to see in the site. If you are yelling at this poster to just not click the Buffalo News links and go somewhere else, then you clearly don't understand the benefits of customer feedback.

Like many of you I really like the forums and that is why I come to TwoBillsDrive. I don't click the articles at all. Not because I don't want to pay but because I believe the Buffalo News writers aren't worth paying for at any price. I would not click them if they were free. Reading the Buffalo News you learn very little about the Bills IMO. There are other writers that teach you about the intricacies of the Bills offense/defense and organization as a whole that i would much rather see linked on this site. We are an educated fan base, the materials posted on a great site like TwoBillsDrive should reflect that IMO.

If I ran TwoBillsDrive I would not be upset to hear from customers on what they would like to see in the site. If you are yelling at this poster to just not click the Buffalo News links and go somewhere else, then you clearly don't understand the benefits of customer feedback.

Like many of you I really like the forums and that is why I come to TwoBillsDrive. I don't click the articles at all. Not because I don't want to pay but because I believe the Buffalo News writers aren't worth paying for at any price. I would not click them if they were free. Reading the Buffalo News you learn very little about the Bills IMO. There are other writers that teach you about the intricacies of the Bills offense/defense and organization as a whole that i would much rather see linked on this site. We are an educated fan base, the materials posted on a great site like TwoBillsDrive should reflect that IMO.

I don't think SDS was upset at all. In fact, as I recall, he had a thread on the main board asking for suggestions from us on multiple occasions. But it's gotten to the point where every little whim can't be addressed (such as telling the owner not to post links to paid/subscription articles, or God forbid, that the articles should be mixed up better on the front page). In addition, there is a thread above (TBD Re-design) which is pinned where you guys can gripe about how the owner has set the site up the way he wants. So thankfully, you don't run TBD.

IMO, you're not a customer, you're a guest. You don't pay for TBD and would say there was no yelling, but for some folks you need to say the same thing over and over, in different language...

Also, if people don't like the fact that the BN is charging for stories and that their aren't enough other "free" stories to read, then do something about it. Start up a media outfit / blog / whatever and contribute to the lack of free content. Suggest other free story links that TBD can put up.

Or, again, just click on the free ones and not the pay ones.

Edited by Heitz

Well said. Especially the last 2 words.

Again, calling names just makes you look ignorant. I really don't care if they change anything. Why are people so up in arms about a simple suggestion? It just blows my mind. Leave the page the !@#$ alone. I don't care.

How many percentage wise compared to the Buffalo News? Look at the page right now and tell me how many you see from those other papers compared to the Buffalo News..

You obviously suffer from scrolling finger disease. Studies are underway to find a cure to this debilitating handicap. Best of luck to you, godspeed.