Stop linking to Buffalo News aritcles

xsoldier54

What in god's name are you talking about? Yes, some people link to paid articles, some link to non-paid articles - just don't click on the pay to play links. Not that hard...

But furthermore, what makes TBD awesome is all of the Bills conversation OUTSIDE of the media. This place has been around long before linking to every article or tweet was popular and will be around after - it's about the community, not just a convenient place to find links to news sources.

:beer:

I agree with you. I like the discussion part the best. Just would like to be able to read an article that looks to be interesting without having to pay for it.

$2.99 ya cheap stakes.

$2.99 to read articles on a fan site that is supposed to be free. Just asking for more content that I don't have to pay to read.

Did it cost you money to post this?

Did it cost you money to go to the main page?

Do you think SDS gets the subscription fee?

Sometimes I WISH this site DID cost money. It would have saved this site when BBMB was shut down.

This is my homepage on my mobile phone and I spend way more time on these boards than anywhere else on the internet. My cost? FREE

Relax man. I was just asking to link to more articles that I don't have to pay to read. I like the site as well. But when I see an article that looks like it might be interesting I would like to be able to read it without paying for it. That's how most of these pages work.

then don't read them.

go start a company to break and discuss Buffalo bills news and give your content away for free. There. A solution

that settles it than you won't do it.

You don't have to charge people to read your content. Most successful publications have figured out a way to provide internet content and pay for it through advertising sales. Clearly the Buffalo News hasn't figured that one out yet. That's how you get information to the masses in the 21st century if you want to continue to be viable.

You don't have to charge people to read your content. Most successful publications have figured out a way to provide internet content and pay for it through advertising sales. Clearly the Buffalo News hasn't figured that one out yet. That's how you get information to the masses in the 21st century if you want to continue to be viable.

Clearly you don't know much about the newspaper industry.

TBD is a free site, which also happens to provide links to paid sites.

Exactly my point. If they want to provide links to paid articles, that's fine. I was just asking for more that you don't have to pay for.

Dude, quit while you're behind. You are sounding foolish.

Clearly you don't know much about the newspaper industry.

Actually I do. I worked for a newspaper and that is how we provided content on the internet. Readers did not have to subscribe to read our articles. We paid for it through ad sales.

Dude, quit while you're behind. You are sounding foolish.

How, by providing facts? There is plenty of free content out there that publications provide and use ad sales to pay for it. It's a fact.

Looks like you have a decision to make, then, doesn't it.

I already have. I don't read them. I was just asking to not provide so many Buffalo News articles and maybe a few more from other publications that you don't have to pay for. I think it would add to the experience of the page. It's a simple request but people seem to be getting their panties all in a bunch about it.

I agree with you. I like the discussion part the best. Just would like to be able to read an article that looks to be interesting without having to pay for it.

$2.99 to read articles on a fan site that is supposed to be free. Just asking for more content that I don't have to pay to read.

Two Bills Drive is free. I haven't collected a dime from you and yet here you are actually conversing with the owner.

42 articles were posted today October 19th. 21 Articles were from the Buffalo News and 21 articles were from other sources. That is 50%, not 99%.

Are 21 articles, plus summaries from the BN not enough to keep you satisfied?

Ah, you want others to do your homework, Sue.

Try this.

WTF are you talking about? It was a simple request that they not provide so many links to the Buffalo News and maybe a few more that you don't have to pay to read. Amazing to me how many people are getting their panties all in a bunch over a simple request.

Two Bills Drive is free. I haven't collected a dime from you and yet here you are actually conversing with the owner.

42 articles were posted today October 19th. 21 Articles were from the Buffalo News and 21 articles were from other sources. That is 50%, not 99%.

You are obviously not giving this site your full attention. Please work harder at placating the masses.

C'mon man. Look at the page. The first 12 or 13 articles are all from the Buffalo News. How about mixing it up a bit? I like the page and have been coming here daily for years. It was a simple request. Why do we need so many Buffalo News articles? There are plenty of other sources that are free.

Your ignorance of 2017 is astounding. Please feel free to visit the website of probably the world's finest newspaper - The New York Times and tell me what you see (they do give 10 free articles per month). Then go to the Washington Post. Then the Wall Street Journal, the LA Times... Go ahead. I'll wait.

You are obviously not giving this site your full attention. Please work harder at placating the masses.

Damn man. It was a simple request. Most people that comment on here don't seem to like the Buffalo News articles anyway, so why do the first 12 or 13 articles on the page all be from a site that you have to pay for?

WTF are you talking about? It was a simple request that they not provide so many links to the Buffalo News and maybe a few more that you don't have to pay to read. Amazing to me how many people are getting their panties all in a bunch over a simple request.

I'm talking about you being lazy in using a finger to scroll down the page to get to the free links.