Week 7 QB

Buftex

Jamies Winston, my starter, has a bad matchup this week (hopefully) against the Bills, even if he does end up playing. I am going with either Rivers (vs Denver), or Goff (vs Arizona). Which would you go with?

Goff. That should be a fairly high scoring game and the AZ secondary is suspect after Pat P. (He is also hurt) so that helps.

I also have Jameis, but not knowing if he would play, I picked up Brett Hundley. It was either him or Fitz. Slim pickings in my league- my previous backup was Bradford. I figured Hundley at least will be playing for multiple games if not the rest of the season whereas Fitz, if he plays, will probably be one and done.

Either way, Jameis has not been the fantasy QB I envisioned. I didn't know how good that team would be but assumed he would be throwing the ball all over the field with those weapons. Unfortunately he's just been so inaccurate/erratic

Edited by YoloinOhio

I also have Jameis, but not knowing if he would play, I picked up Brett Hundley. It was either him or Fitz. Slim pickings in my league- my previous backup was Bradford. I figured Hundley at least will be playing for multiple games if not the rest of the season whereas Fitz, if he plays, will probably be one and done.

Either way, Jameis has not been the fantasy QB I envisioned. I didn't know how good that team would be but assumed he would be throwing the ball all over the field with those weapons. Unfortunately he's just been so inaccurate/erratic

I got Dak early in the season as a backup. I released Winston this week. I don't like carrying two quarterbacks and I have little faith in a guy that turns it over and also gets hurt.

I thought that offense was going to be spectacular but it's sloppy from play calling on down.

Originally, I had Winston, and drafted Jay Cutler with my last pick in the draft, because I was real comfortable with Winston. That first week, when the Bucs/Dolphins had their game cancelled, I dropped Cutler and picked up Bradford. Since then, I replaced Bradford with Rivers, when somebody cut him. And then, I just picked up Goff this week, not knowing what was going on with Winston.

Honestly, other than his first game, where he only got me 14 points, and his last where he got injured, I think Winston has been a really solid FF QB. I had him last year too, and he consistently got me anywhere from 20-30 pts. So far this year, he's gotten 14, 24, 36, 23 and 2 points (injured). I can live with that. I am 6-0 so far! Playing the only other 6-0 team in my league this coming Sunday.

Funchess should be a solid start, Benjamin left practice yesterday because he tweaked his knee again.

I have been leaning toward Agholar, probably because he plays on MNF. But Funchess is tempting too...

I'm not sure why people keep saying he's been disappointed. If your QB gets you 15 points it's average. 20+ is good. He's gotten over 20 in 3 of 5 games. 14 in one and was injuried. I'm in a two QB league where I've traded Carr and Newton (traded him when his value was low and got nothing) and I've been happy with Winston and Cousins as my QBs.

I'm not sure why people keep saying he's been disappointed. If your QB gets you 15 points it's average. 20+ is good. He's gotten over 20 in 3 of 5 games. 14 in one and was injuried. I'm in a two QB league where I've traded Carr and Newton (traded him when his value was low and got nothing) and I've been happy with Winston and Cousins as my QBs.

Agreed. Winston may be having some issues as a real NFL QB (though I'd take him as the Bills #1 guy in a heartbeat) but in Fantasy Football terms, I think he is really good. With his bye week coming in week 1, I would have been very comfortable starting him every week...but the shoulder injury put a dent in that plan. I am not starting him this week against the Bills, because of the injury vs good defense on the road aspect....but I think he is easily a top 10 guy. Fastest QB to 50 TD passes, back to back 4000 yard seasons to start his career, on a team loaded with offensive weapons. Its' still early on this season...I really think, if healthy, the Bucs are going to be a big factor in the playoffs this season, and Winston will put up great numbers. He;s had 3 games over 300 yards this season...out of 5..though really out of 4, as he was injured in the first quarter last week. His 3 interceptions in the season all came in 1 game...still got me 23 points in that game.

Edited by Buftex

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.