Why are MNF ratings low this season?

CodeMonkey

MNF popularity  

203 members have voted

1. 1. What is the main reason for the decline in MNF ratings this season?

• Lack of interest in the teams playing.
    • General decrease in popularity of tackle football.
    • Anthem protests.
    • Other (post reason in topic)

I know they've revised history to make it seem like MNF was the greatest thing in the history of the mind of mankind, but it wasn't really all that. We only had 3 channels so 68,000,000 people would just sit there watching the channel already on the TV. They'd as soon sat there watching a potato bake.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know they've revised history to make it seem like MNF was the greatest thing in the history of the mind of mankind, but it wasn't really all that. We only had 3 channels so 68,000,000 people would just sit there watching the channel already on the TV. They'd as soon sat there watching a potato bake.

And now its on a channel i don't even have.

you are absolutely correct about that. In fact, I made a pretty long FB post about it after all the crap started this season regarding the kneeling.

I value others opinions to do it, but then again, I have the same right to call that person a scumbag for it. It shows a lack of respect for the people that have sacrificed their lives for that right.

But at the end of the day, football is not politics. It is not something where people should be making political "stances". It's a time to forget all that crap as fans of the sport. And for the players, it is their job. I couldn't go into my work place and outright refuse to do what my superiors ask of me. There's no reason why these players should get held to any other standard.

Now that I'm done, I'm assuming this will be moved to PPP. Your all welcome.

I have my own business - If my employees knelt quietly for 45 seconds before they started their shift, I really wouldn't give a crap.

I have my own business - If my employees knelt quietly for 45 seconds before they started their shift, I really wouldn't give a crap.

that's you, and your business. But you could also tell them not to, and you could tell them that those types of displays at work are not acceptable.

that's you, and your business. But you could also tell them not to, and you could tell them that those types of displays at work are not acceptable.

I could, but would see no reason to. That would be petty of me, in my opinion.

I understand it's my business, my only point is to refute everyone that says, "anybody else would get fired if they did that at their job" . Not in this case.

Edited by klos63

1) Capricious and erratic enforcement of rules by officials makes many of these "primetime games" unwatchable

2) The "average Joe" is turned off by players making $20 million per season who sit out because they have a sore ankle or tummy ache

3) The protests turned some people off

4) The announcers typically suck balls...everything is over-analyzed in a politically correct way and done so as not to offend the Patriots

5) Far too many commercials

6) Commercialization of the product (beer, cleats, towels, underwear, gloves, golf carts, headphones, etc).

7) Parity

But yeah, I still watch it when nothing else is on.

that's about sums it up. I still love the game, but it's not what it used to be. these drama-queen overpaid athletes turn everyone off. they went from being heroes kids looked up to, to becoming spoiled brats on wounded knees.

that's about sums it up. I still love the game, but it's not what it used to be. these drama-queen overpaid athletes turn everyone off. they went from being heroes kids looked up to, to becoming spoiled brats on wounded knees.

I can only speak to my situation, but I have young kids, homework, hockey, soccer.... lot's of stuff to do. It's not a priority unless it's the Bills. Also, I think fewer fans are being 'created'(?) and the viewer pool is less than it used to be. Skill level isn't too high. Lack of quality QB's kills the excitement level

Over saturation is a big part of it. MNF used to be the single, nation wide, primetime game. Now you got them every other day of the week it seems. Add to it the over saturation of certain teams always getting the primetime spots, and it another big who cares. Why is it the Bills never get a prime time game?? I know they suck, but are thet really that bad compared to the Titans or any of these other crappy teams they try to make us watch.

Add in the league being able to make a phone call and stripping points off the board when ever they seem to feel like it and its just hard to get too excited about games any more.

It's on too late. I get out of bed at 4:30 am to start my day. I'm in bed 9:30-10:00 pm. I know a lot of people who are in similar situations. Unless the Bills are playing, I don't watch any of the three night games each week.

i'm also getting less enthusiastic about watching random teams. I've lost track of who's on what team these days. I could go on an entire rant about how much I hate all the players changing teams for the highest bid. I know it's in their best interest, but the lack of continuity makes it hard for me to want to follow multiple teams anymore.

The whole nfl ratings drop is hilarious to begin with. So every game is only twice as watched as every other sport?

Bunch of whiny, fake patriotic snowflakes.

I see your point I think- even with the drop off the NFL is still raining supreme. I dont see the 3 other major sports coming close to the league but it certainly is takin a hit. Factor that in with the NFL having the largest operating cost and its not the best for business.