Tyrod Taylor held to higher standard bc he's black ?

Wayne Arnold, on 16 Oct 2017 - 11:19 AM, said:

A few more stats you left out by mistake...

Sack Percentage:

11. Bortles - 5.6

14. Flacco - 6.1

20. Hoyer - 7.2

32. Taylor - 11.7

Passing yards per game:

24. Hoyer - 207.5

28. Taylor - 182.0

29. Bortles - 178.0

32. Flacco - 167.2

Touchdowns:

T14. Bortles - 8

T23. Taylor - 6

T27. Flacco - 4

T27. Hoyer - 4

I remember you from the BBMB, don't know if you remember my write-up on how the Bills should consider drafting Nathan Peterman. In it I stated many things that I felt Peterman was better at now than Taylor. His accuracy being one, followed by his pocket poise, and ability to go through his progressions. I want Peterman to get his chance but only under the right circumstances, injury or complete falloff in production by the offense, because despite the things Taylor struggles at ---including his tendency to take the sack---he's still reliable. Not perfect, but reliable and capable of doing enough to win games.

As far as passing yards, his Y/A is higher than Hoyer's so he'd have more yards if he passed as often.

Blake Bortles threw 4 of those 8 TDs in a game, that as far as I'm concerned, is fixed to promote the game globally. I've held to this belief ever since the Bills-Jags London game from a few years back.

That's really been Bortles only good game this season.

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus.....watch the part where his agent is talking about how he is "pitching him" because he did not want to play a position other then quarterback.

Game Im only gonna be able to take the water too you so much

How many black guys were drafted in the first round ?

Game over.

I think the fans in Buffalo look at the greatest QB's of all time Brady, Manning, Montana and see pocket passers that lead the teams to championships and they are envious of that. Having a 6 foot tall QB that can run fast and struggles to read defenses and rarely throws wrs open just does not instill confidence in our QB. I think his height is a bigger factor to him

JP Losman was white he was athletic out of Tulane and he had a huge arm but had the same problem. We are just sick of rooting for mediocrity.

On the other hand Flutie was short and extended plays and when the chips were down he could step up and make plays. Very Athletic even shorter but he was able to throw wrs open and read defenses.

We just wanna win and have a sustainable way to do it. Leaning on your defense to bail you out because your offense is almost non existent is not sustainable.

This conversation has turned stupid now. No offense. But enough with the height bull ****.

Good prospects get drafted early; not so good prospects get drafted late.

Sometimes early drafts suck; sometimes late drafts turn out great.

He was drafted accurately and all anyone expects from him is to do the things other NFL starting QBs can do; like read defenses, make up his mind, throw accurately, call audibles ... you know ... QB stuff.

He can't. Not because he's black. Because he's JUST. NOT. THAT. !@#$ING. GOOD.

~ fin

He was drafted accurately and all anyone expects from him is to do the things other NFL starting QBs can do; like read defenses, make up his mind, throw accurately, call audibles ... you know ... QB stuff.

All things that were considered concerns coming out of college...

We are talking about when they were drafted and pro and cons of player at the time they were drafted

Because he threw 50 Td's as a junior/senior and he's taller ?

Dude...he is not THAT much taller....he is not proto type size for a QB

I've waited before wading in these waters and will probably regret it....

There are many racist people in America and among Bills fans. I am glad so many here aren't racist but let's not pretend just because it isn't your reasoning doesn't mean it isn't anyone's reasoning. I agree with McFly that many people are so burnt out from losing that any QB would take the wrath. However the vitriol extended to TT is a bit over the top imo. I won't say it is because of his race but I have several times thought to myself that TT doesn't look like what many people want their qb to look like and that is their problem with him. Many people think only a traditional pocket passer can win in the league. TT relies on athleticism to supplement his passing skills which are lacking. If he didn't have those athletic skills he wouldn't be in the league. However he does possess those skills and he is in the league and is a middle of the road starter. He isn't a back up rb, he isn't a backup qb at best, he isn't the worst starter in the league. These comments often make me wonder about people's motivation but I don't concern myself with that. I can see how Tyrod perceives it to be because he is black. I can also see him feeling extra pressure as well. With the limited amount of black qbs maybe he feels extra pressure to be a role model to young qbs.

We aren't far removed from Rush Limbaugh's comments about Donovan McNabb.

It was just last year that Kaepernick singled out Buffalo as the worst place he visited last year with his treatment.

In a thread today someone labeled Teddy Bridgewater as mobile. He attributed it to a madden rating :rolleyes:

NoSaint routinely brings up the Rockets GM and his insistence of comparing players across race. That is a GM for a professional league perhaps he has his pulse on pro sports more than message board jockeys?

I'm glad none of you are racist nor know of anyone who is racist :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: but that isn't america today. People still are judged by the color of their skin. It is getting better but we still have a long way to go.

Lastly, I worked at a psych hosptial for children through my 20s and had a situation arise that has stuck with me to this day. A doctor was explaining to a mother all of the things she was doing wrong raising her child in the ghetto. She stopped him and not so politely explained to him that he had no idea what it was like to be her, live in her situation, be raised in her situation, or have to deal with what she has to deal with on a day to day basis. It isn't always as easy as "pulling yourself up by your boot straps" or to change from the only life you have known. So for everyone shouting down TT and stating why he is wrong and that you now hold a lower opinion of him, perhaps just perhaps, you have no idea what it is like to be him or what he is dealing with. Think about the nonsense you see publicly posted on twitter then imagine what is sent to him directly and privately. Just because you don't see it or agree with him doesn't make him wrong.

There are many racist people in America and among Bills fans. I am glad so many here aren't racist but let's not pretend just because it isn't your reasoning doesn't mean it isn't anyone's reasoning. I agree with McFly that many people are so burnt out from losing that any QB would take the wrath. However the vitriol extended to TT is a bit over the top imo. I won't say it is because of his race but I have several times thought to myself that TT doesn't look like what many people want their qb to look like and that is their problem with him. Many people think only a traditional pocket passer can win in the league. TT relies on athleticism to supplement his passing skills which are lacking. If he didn't have those athletic skills he wouldn't be in the league. However he does possess those skills and he is in the league and is a middle of the road starter. He isn't a back up rb, he isn't a backup qb at best, he isn't the worst starter in the league. These comments often make me wonder about people's motivation but I don't concern myself with that. I can see how Tyrod perceives it to be because he is black. I can also see him feeling extra pressure as well. With the limited amount of black qbs maybe he feels extra pressure to be a role model to young qbs.

It was just last year that Kaepernick singled out Buffalo as the worst place he visited last year with his treatment.

In a thread today someone labeled Teddy Bridgewater as mobile. He attributed it to a madden rating :rolleyes:

NoSaint routinely brings up the Rockets GM and his insistence of comparing players across race. That is a GM for a professional league perhaps he has his pulse on pro sports more than message board jockeys?

I'm glad none of you are racist nor know of anyone who is racist :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: but that isn't america today. People still are judged by the color of their skin. It is getting better but we still have a long way to go.

Lastly, I worked at a psych hosptial for children through my 20s and had a situation arise that has stuck with me to this day. A doctor was explaining to a mother all of the things she was doing wrong raising her child in the ghetto. She stopped him and not so politely explained to him that he had no idea what it was like to be her, live in her situation, be raised in her situation, or have to deal with what she has to deal with on a day to day basis. It isn't always as easy as "pulling yourself up by your boot straps" or to change from the only life you have known. So for everyone shouting down TT and stating why he is wrong and that you now hold a lower opinion of him, perhaps just perhaps, you have no idea what it is like to be him or what he is dealing with. Think about the nonsense you see publicly posted on twitter then imagine what is sent to him directly and privately. Just because you don't see it or agree with him doesn't make him wrong.

excellent post.

This conversation has turned stupid now. No offense. But enough with the height bull ****.

Good prospects get drafted early; not so good prospects get drafted late.

Sometimes early drafts suck; sometimes late drafts turn out great.

He can't. Not because he's black. Because he's JUST. NOT. THAT. !@#$ING. GOOD.

~ fin

Personally I am not questioning where he was drafted.....Nathan Peterman was drafted in the 5th round and he may actually be a good qb in the end. I am trying to point out that Tyrod was greatly stereotyped coming out of college because of his extreme athletism

He HAS grown as a QB in his time as a backup to baltimore....if he was as bad as some make him out to be he would not have gotten an opportunity to start.

Maybe we do need better...but it should not take away from what he has actually accomplished and there are too many people trying to brush that aside.

That is all I am trying to say

Very well-stated, rational post. Thanks.

That is so silly. If TT was better QB, no one other than the true haters would be upset. When it comes to your football, the color of the skin does not matter - it's your play. When Kap was playing well and the 49ers went to the SB, I do not recall too many people being critical of him.

This is not to say there isn't racism in America, but I do think when it comes to sports, people want good performance and care less about the color of skin.

Edited by DCBongo

I am glad Tyrod spoke up about an issue that has been ignored and swept under the rug for too long.

The abuse heaped upon star athletes in our society.

It can start even before high school. Then in high school they are singled out, identified, forced to interact with cheerleaders and other icky girl people. For some it gets crueler still where they are made to sign letters binding them to colleges and then torn from their homes. When away from the safety of their family homes, they are subjected to more harassment from girl and women people, but now there is no escape and it can last all night long. They are also subjected to the horrors of perks from people calling themselves "boosters".

Thankfully the most tragic outcomes are uncommon. But poor Tyrod is one of those uncommon few. Tyrod Taylor is a starting quarterback in the NFL.

Will the nightmare never end for Tyrod??

Tyrod Taylor is more than an abuse survivor. Tyrod Taylor is Hero.

Edited by BadLandsMeanie