Tyrod Taylor held to higher standard bc he's black ?

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is you who is saying I am "defensive". I am not. What I am is two things: 1: Aghast 2: Angry

I am aghast because Tyrod has lost his moorings in reality. I had thought that he would be working diligently to improve his shortcomings. Instead I find out that he thinks he is just great.

Someone for sure will come along and tell me that just because he thinks he is doing just wonderfully well doesn't mean he isn't working hard to become a complete QB. So I will say in advance that yes it does. That is exactly what it means. Admitting there is a problem is the first step and he hasn't even taken it after all these years.

And, it tell me the coaches are not being real with him. Which is even worse.

2) I am angry because it is becoming clear that there is seemingly nothing at all the the NFL or it's players will not say to me (In the sense that I am a fan and they say and do things directed at fans).

To name just a few. Pull plug on old message board used by at least 2000 fans and don't even bother to say anything. Repeatedly hold camp practices on back field which has nothing close to the capacity to accommodate the fans in attendance. REFUSE to notify fans in advance that this will happen, or when it will end. Tell me I am a bigot if I do not agree that protests should be held at games. And now Tyrod grinning and stating that fans are crazy to complain because they are almost 5-0. What a funny silly fan I am not to be delighted with almost 5-0 and instead nitpick that two games are losses. But I am just too stupid to understand that I guess so that is funny. And now if I don't like Tyrod as starting QB it is because I am white and a bigot.

I think the Buffalo Fans have been VERY patient with Tyrod. I think we have been so QB starved that he has got quite a lot of slack and support. I think that the many many fans who hoped and believed that Tyrod would learn to become a complete QB even after 6 years of development, and waited for that, and who STILL believe that, deserve some respect and consideration and gratitude for that. Instead we get that those who do not think Tyrod is a top guy, think that because they are racists. He is OWED the support he has gotten from the hopeful fans you see.

You can say he didn't single me me out. He didn't say BadLandsMeanie is a racist. But he sure as hell said that the people who do not think he is a top notch QB are that way because they are bigots. And that blanket accusation includes me and I am under no obligation that I know of to just pass that by like it does not matter.

Getting back to me being angry, he can think whatever he wants. But now we have crossed over to where the teams and players will say whatever they wish.

And my problem is I will not be spoken to that way, least of all by fools.

So there is a very real possibility that I will need to just detach from these ill mannered, self centered, entitled, vulgar people.

And that makes me mad because I will be losing something, and losing it for no good reason.

Dude...

Seems like you are having a minor/major meltdown.

Thanks for the chuckles! :lol::lol:

Most entertaining post I came across on here today.

Dude...

Seems like you are having a minor/major meltdown.

Thanks for the chuckles! :lol::lol:

Most entertaining post I came across on here today.

You are welcome.

I will not respond to your jibe, finding humor in my emotional football crisis, until I am sure you won't share your secret family golumpki (gołąbki) recipe with me. Until then I will attempt to cultivate friendly relations and ignore the less appetizing aspects of your personality.

Also potato pancakes.

In the ideal case, maybe you also have a reasonably presentable, bosomy, female relation who has a fondness for panda bear shaped old people.

If these things come my way you may then taunt me as you wish and call me whichever names you please.

On the other hand, Tyrod Taylor I bet knows as much about golumpkis as he does about reading a defense and HE need to watch his big mouth unless I am getting something in return!

Pleased to make your acquaintance Dave.

Edited by BadLandsMeanie

You are welcome.

I will not respond to your jibe, finding humor in my emotional football crisis, until I am sure you won't share your secret family golumpki (gołąbki) recipe with me. Until then I will attempt to cultivate friendly relations and ignore the less appetizing aspects of your personality.

Also potato pancakes.

In the ideal case, maybe you also have a reasonably presentable, bosomy, female relation who has a fondness for panda bear shaped old people.

If these things come my way you may then taunt me as you wish and call me whichever names you please.

On the other hand, Tyrod Taylor I bet knows as much about golumpkis as he does about reading a defense and HE need to watch his big mouth unless I am getting something in return!

Pleased to make your acquaintance Dave.

I thought potato pancakes were a German thing?

No secret family recipe for golabki. Never had a bad one though.

The secret to great pierogi is more butter and fry them till light brown - serve with onions - unfried pierogi is just wrong. Oh - and never make nor buy any pierogi that are stuffed with sweet things unless that sweet thing is cheese. If you have not had pierogi stuffed with fresh polish sausage, you sir are missing out on one of the finest foods on earth.

Pleased to meet your acquaintance Springsteen fan. :thumbsup:

The secret to great pierogi is more butter and fry them till light brown - serve with onions - unfried pierogi is just wrong. Oh - and never make nor buy any pierogi that are stuffed with sweet things unless that sweet thing is cheese. If you have not had pierogi stuffed with fresh polish sausage, you sir are missing out on one of the finest foods on earth.

Polish ones are better. (pancakes)

You are off to a great start. Thank you for the perogie primer.I will get going on that right away.

For now I am assuming that your secret family golabki recipe is so secret, that your family won't even admit that it exists.

Alternately, perhaps your family does not trust you fully enough to have shared it with you yet.

Maybe you could do some work to firm up your family relationships and we can see what comes of that.

Meanwhile thank you very much.

Edited by BadLandsMeanie

I have. It was called ravioli.

:lol:

Not the same dough though. Pierogi dough has sour cream in it. That is one of the things that gives it a distinct and different taste.

LOL. I was just messing with you, man! Sounds delicious!

My concern here is Tyrod playing the race card because he feels over-criticized for his play as a QB will diminish the impact of issues regarding race that are more important.

I'm Caucasian, so it's easy for me to say, but I seem to recall a fair amount of criticism being thrown at Brock Osweiler, Mike Glennon, and Nick Foles when they were underperforming starting quarterbacks. So much so, they all lost their starting jobs. They have all been criticized to the point that none of them gathers optimism if they are re-inserted as a starter. They are now "retreads."

The fact is, quarterbacks are held to a higher standard because a team's success is linked to the play at that position more than any other. Criticism is going to come with that position. When Tyrod took over the starting job, I was happy because he was the best option. On this roster, I still feel that is true, but there are flaws to his game that have not shown enough improvement to feel confident in him as a long term solution. If Tyrod wants less criticism, then he needs to improve, period.

I'm sure Tyrod came in feeling he would be the one to bring this team back into the playoffs. He has not. He should be willing to hold himself accountable, not look to deflect the issue by making this a racial issue.

Just my two cents.

Excellent post...couldn't agree more