Interesting Dareus post on facebook-Bills Mafia page

I wouldn't have thought so, with Bakhtiari. However Bakh hasn't played since week 1 with a hamstring, and their RT Bulaga has also missed several games with an ankle. Both listed as "questionable" for this Sunday.

GB just extended Bakhtiari, so you'd think they like him. Got a lot of dead cap tied up in his bonuses.

Bulaga, one might recall, is the FA RT we tried to attract in the first year of the Ryan show, only to have him re-up with GB. He's been quite durable prior to this year, which is his 8th. Still, if they were looking to replace him, you wouldn't think they'd look to replace him with another gimpy ankle guy.

We need to cut back on the acronym use.... After reading FA RT, I couldn't focus on anything else you posted.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glenn is a rapidly declining asset. He still has some good tape but nagging foot injuries only get worse. If we can unload him for a 3rd to some upper tier team for a championship run now is the time to do it.

Dareus and Glenn are pretty much untradeable this season. Teams don't like to take on injured players let alone injured players on big contracts. I think you could trade Dareus during the off-season if you so choose since he still plays at an effective level when out there and he has a high ceiling. Glenn might be tradeable too but not until the off-season when the team that possibly trades for him can use the off-season to get him on their regime and onto their system.

why would a team trade for a player who checked out from playing football?

The old "change of scenery" argument. Plus, no shortage of FOs/coaches in the league who think they can be the one to get through to a guy and make him reach his real potential.

We need to cut back on the acronym use.... After reading FA RT, I couldn't focus on anything else you posted.

You saw what I did there :beer:

I was salty when he re-upped with GB - understandable, but he basically used the Bills to squeeze a sweeter smelling offer out of GB, when he was a FA RT. And I thought it stunk :D

The old "change of scenery" argument. Plus, no shortage of FOs/coaches in the league who think they can be the one to get through to a guy and make him reach his real potential.

That's one reason I focused on the Eagles. If there's a DC in the league going "man, I could use that guy...I had no problem getting him to play for ME", that would be Schwartz.

You saw what I did there :beer:

I was salty when he re-upped with GB - understandable, but he basically used the Bills to squeeze a sweeter smelling offer out of GB, when he was a FA RT. And I thought it stunk :D

That's one reason I focused on the Eagles. If there's a DC in the league going "man, I could use that guy...I had no problem getting him to play for ME", that would be Schwartz.

It would be Schwartz for sure....he might be the only one.

It has nothing to do with ego if he is being a cancer for this team. If he is truly putting the GM down and doesn't want to be here then I'm sure this crap attitude is resonating in the locker room and playing field. I'm sure guys like Kyle Williams and Eric Wood are just tired of this guy. I would also guess that McDermott holds meetings with his leadership team and gets a feel for the heartbeat of his team. Dareus is a baby in a grown mans body. Please quit defending him by talking about ego's. If we don't keep him it is because his play on Sundays doesn't outweigh the mess he created with his attitude, behavior, immaturity, and self-centeredness. If his cap hit doesn't keep the Bills from dumping him then that will just tell you how much they do not value him.

Dude stop putting words into players mouths..... There is not a shread of evidence that he is pouting. How about this theory he probably see what we see the players are getting shipped out of here and being replaced with substandard replacements in the name of culture change

Usually when you change culture you get rid of most of your older players. This regime did the exact opposite .

So you telling me that the people that experienced the drought the most should be here. I think they may have been part of the problem.

Do you really think that cast offs like Tolbert , Ducase Holmes ,barnyard, Dimarco made this team better ? Just like Rex before we have a regime that took a strength and made it into a weakness.

The past two years we ran against more 7-8 man boxes than any team in the league but still we ran the ball with the best of them. What changed ? A defensive coach/ an inexperienced gm both with resumes of winning or drafting nothing of note decides to tinker with something they know nothing about , the offense...

In the name of changing the culture they get rid of

Sammy Watkins a prime receiver causing the problems we have today.

Boy how is Tolbert working out as a back up running back ? ( J.Williams looking better and better)

Did Groy fall under this culture change he has yet to suit up at guard when we was the #1 rushing attack ( why is Ducasse still on the team again)

Talent evaluator Bean thought Zay was the answer, boy is the game too big for him right now but for beane to think Zay was as good a Sammy Watkins shows me he is not a good judge of talent.

Carolina for years was looking for a WR , offensive lineman to no avail. Beane has no track record of acquiring talent so we can have a zillion draft picks his history shows all he know how to do is get rid of talent not acquiring talent. most of our draft picks came because a coach had interaction with them. Not because they were highly rated. This is chip Kelly in reverse; systems don't win games players do. Until we get a legitimate talent evaluator we will continue to look at the Chiefs and wonder how that GM is able to find late round gems while we talk about special teams add-ons.

Dude stop putting words into players mouths..... There is not a shread of evidence that he is pouting. How about this theory he probably see what we see the players are getting shipped out of here and being replaced with substandard replacements in the name of culture change

Usually when you change culture you get rid of most of your older players. This regime did the exact opposite .

So you telling me that the people that experienced the drought the most should be here. I think they may have been part of the problem.

Do you really think that cast offs like Tolbert , Ducase Holmes ,barnyard, Dimarco made this team better ? Just like Rex before we have a regime that took a strength and made it into a weakness.

The past two years we ran against more 7-8 man boxes than any team in the league but still we ran the ball with the best of them. What changed ? A defensive coach/ an inexperienced gm both with resumes of winning or drafting nothing of note decides to tinker with something they know nothing about , the offense...

Boy how is Tolbert working out as a back up running back ? ( J.Williams looking better and better)

Did Groy fall under this culture change he has yet to suit up at guard when we was the #1 rushing attack ( why is Ducasse still on the team again)

Talent evaluator Bean thought Zay was the answer, boy is the game too big for him right now but for beane to think Zay was as good a Sammy Watkins shows me he is not a good judge of talent.

Carolina for years was looking for a WR , offensive lineman to no avail. Beane has no track record of acquiring talent so we can have a zillion draft picks his history shows all he know how to do is get rid of talent not acquiring talent. most of our draft picks came because a coach had interaction with them. Not because they were highly rated. This is chip Kelly in reverse; systems don't win games players do. Until we get a legitimate talent evaluator we will continue to look at the Chiefs and wonder how that GM is able to find late round gems while we talk about special teams add-ons.

I like this post for the most part. although I am, well, have no choice but to, willing to see what they (I did not have a problem trading sammy) do in the next draft and off season. I'm not really digging what has transpired so far on the offensive side of the ball this (injuries have not helped either) season as far as limited talent and an OC I could do with out. I didn't like the dennison hire and so far he has shown why. I just don't like his style of offense and his unwillingness to coach to a players strength. exactly what ryan did while destroying the defense.

my only hope is they lose him and hire another OC and gain some (QB, WR,TE, OL) talent with the picks and do the best they can in FA. I'm not writing the season off and would like to see them win 10 games but I also will accept this season they will likely continue to struggle on offense and that this was the first year of a new regime that I can only hope builds a real contender.

that remains to be seen and as bills fans we all have been down this road before so it's kind of got to the point where I'll believe it when I see it. meanwhile, they have played some good football and sit at 3-2.

This has nothing to do with saving money for the owner. It is not the same management as 20 years ago and it's time you stop with this crap.

Well, sir, you may claim it's not the same management but the new management is doing the same stuff that the old management did 8 years ago or 12 years ago or 15 years ago, and I'm a "if it looks like a duck and waddles like a duck and swims like a duck, it's likely a duck" kind of person. So, how is letting Pro Bowl CB Stephon Gilmore walk in FA in 2017 any different than letting

• 1999 first round pick CB Antoine Winfield walk in FA in 2004 or;
  • 2001 first round pick CB Nate Clement walk in FA in 2007 or;
  • 2006 first round pick S Donte Whitner walk in FA in 2011?

The Bills traded away All Pro LT Jason Peters for a low first rounder in 2009 ... when they didn't have an NFL caliber LT on the team. They traded away young WR Sammy Watkins in 2017 for a second rounder and a backup DB when they didn't have another NFL caliber WR on the roster.

Tell me what the hell's changed with the supposed "new management" ...

Who peed in your cereal. This is the most pedantic post I've seen around here in a while and that's saying something.

The problem with trading Dareus to the Eagles is that we already got one of their top WRs and they are trying to win their division. They might be willing to trade draft pick(s) for Mr. Big Stuff.

I just wish Dareus would try for us. Does the man have no pride? WTF is the problem? I know our DL has a reputation for being hard on players but so does Pepper Johnson.

It's weird... players hate Marrone, who is a miserable SOB, but they play like their hair is on fire for him. I can't imagine there was much coddling for Dareus when he was here.

The problem with trading Dareus to the Eagles is that we already got one of their top WRs and they are trying to win their division. They might be willing to trade draft pick(s) for Mr. Big Stuff.

I just wish Dareus would try for us. Does the man have no pride? WTF is the problem? I know our DL has a reputation for being hard on players but so does Pepper Johnson.

It's weird... players hate Marrone, who is a miserable SOB, but they play like their hair is on fire for him. I can't imagine there was much coddling for Dareus when he was here.

Dareus looked good yesterday in his limited snaps.

Who peed in your cereal. This is the most pedantic post I've seen around here in a while and that's saying something.

I thought he made some good points though. beane has not proven anything yet. a lot of subtraction and mediocre replacement, so far. if he fails to do something about the offense this off season, throw the "give him 3 years" out the door. I'm talking big splash starting with a QB.

Dareus looked good yesterday in his limited snaps.

I thought so too... I just want him here and playing at the height of his potential but it sounds like it's a foregone conclusion that he's on his way out, and that bugs me.

Even Sal "everything is roses" Capaccio has pretty much come out and said that if they could get rid of Dareus today they would.

I wonder what is going on behind the scenes. It's best for everyone if he has a "come to McBean" moment.

Edited by TheFunPolice

Some good points here... I think we get too caught up in the short term of how good/bad things are, and this applies to both offense AND defense.

Everyone is in panic mode regarding our offense, and maybe we should be. These draft picks are not real players yet, and the 2017 picks were the result of Waley's scout team. So McBean still gotta prove that the process will eventually work.

Our defense against Cincy got some serious breaks with AJ Green gifting two picks to us. Without those, this site could have been in full panic mode confirming that ATL was a fluke due to their top pass catchers being out.

I do like our head coach. I think he will continue to develop and improve the team, but I think we need to tailor our expectations of what our offense may ever be capable of, and probably not proclaim our defense as a sustainable top-5 unit.