Interesting Dareus post on facebook-Bills Mafia page

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear this a lot about ticket money is not the big income NFL income source.

What I can tell you is you are wrong. Very wrong.

2016 NFL avg ticket price is $172 avg stadium size is 67,861. Most stadium are sold out. So avg team makes $116,720,920 per season for tickets. I know they give 20% to visiting teams and take 20% when on road etc etc. It still calculates out the same.

This $116 million does not include PSL, suite sales, club seats, etc... TV revenue is gigantic approx. 6 billion per year or $187.5 million. Other shared revenue brings this up to approx. $7.8 billion per year or $243.7 million.

http://www.sportingn...2d1a5mmrll4w4fz

This ticket money is huge. Almost half of tv money. It is very very important and that is why NFL is concerned about potential attendance drop due to flag/anthem protest.

I would look at it another way. Until the end of the TV contracts, that money is guaranteed. Every year they're bringing in $187.5 million from the TV deals, plus a fluid amount on top of that from licensing and merchandise. From your article, last year it was 187.5 + 56.5.

With a $167 million salary cap, the TV money along with the licensing and merchandise money likely covers their entire football budget, including player and staff salaries, travel for road games, travel for scouts, etc.

The money they bring in from tickets covers everything else. The business operations (ticket sales, advertising, chefs, utilities, facility support staff, etc.) and whatever is left from that is profit. THAT is why they are worried about fans staying home. Butts in the seats are the way that teams make a profit after paying for all the day to day operations.

Cut the fat.

Dareus is a bum and sets a terrible example for all young players. Yes he is super talented, but he doesn't give a F**k. I'd rather have a less talented player with more heart.

And this just puts the exclamation point on how bad Whaley and Overdorf were at negotiating contracts. The fact they gave his guy big time $ with no "out" or "void" due to suspensions and off field issues is a joke knowing his history when they were in the process of negotiating this contract. Pure stupidity.

Hopefully that is the Bills of the past !! A lot of the contracts they give like this one & the Fitz contract made no sense it's like a second grade math student put them together !!