Surprising D a surprise to Team McBean??

theRalph

Sean and Brandon would love to win a Super Bowl. They'd probably trade five losing seasons for The Ring. It looked as though they were willing to trade at least one bad season - this one - with the trades made in preseason. Let's face it, most of us settled in for a 5-11 campaign.

McDermott was asked last week if he was surprised by the prowess of his defense, so early in his program. For as little as he says in the pressers, his answer that the D was maybe ahead of schedule speaks volumes. So does the appearance of a weaker AFC. And a 3-2 mark at the bye is decidedly a surprise. Even with the loss in Cincinnati.

I wonder if Team McBean is having well-concealed second thoughts about shedding Watkins & Woods based on where the circumstances of this season may have taken them. We know Tyrod has them. Can't help but think Watkins alone would't have been worth three TDs so far and probably 4-1 or 5-0.

https://youtu.be/X0cfOCAsFlk

Sean and Brandon would love to win a Super Bowl. They'd probably trade five losing seasons for The Ring. It looked as though they were willing to trade at least one bad season - this one - with the trades made in preseason. Let's face it, most of us settled in for a 5-11 campaign.

McDermott was asked last week if he was surprised by the prowess of his defense, so early in his program. For as little as he says in the pressers, his answer that the D was maybe ahead of schedule speaks volumes. So does the appearance of a weaker AFC. And a 3-2 mark at the bye is decidedly a surprise. Even with the loss in Cincinnati.

I wonder if Team McBean is having well-concealed second thoughts about shedding Watkins & Woods based on where the circumstances of this season may have taken them. We know Tyrod has them. Can't help but think Watkins alone would't have been worth three TDs so far and probably 4-1 or 5-0.

https://youtu.be/X0cfOCAsFlk

5 losing seasons for a ring? Maybe.

5 losing seasons for a 10 win playoff blowout? Probably now.

The streak consumes Bills fans...but breaking the streak buys not time...not like a SB ring would. Nothing going on has any bearing on our situation, we aren't winning the SB and we aren't stopping the tear down.

For the 900th time Sammy wants 14-15m per rather than let him walk free they got assets.

Bobs not worth 8m a year.

The flip side--

Do you trade a day 3 pick for Gaines, keep Sammy, possibly steal a playoff appearance then let him walk for a comp 3 instead of 2 if he's the difference in the 1-2 games that push you over the edge but still won't sign him. Just a hypothetical

The flip side--

Do you trade a day 3 pick for Gaines, keep Sammy, possibly steal a playoff appearance then let him walk for a comp 3 instead of 2 if he's the difference in the 1-2 games that push you over the edge but still won't sign him. Just a hypothetical

No guarantee on comp picks,they are purely discretionary and we all know how the league works.

Does SW make that catch in Carolina? we will never know.

If you told me before the season started they would be 3-2 I would have said yes I would take that figuring W NYJ,CP and CB with losses to AF and DB.

3 turn overs and no points off them this week and a dropped/missed throw in Carolina or they could easily be 5-0.

They are in a good position with 6 home games,5 division games and some very beatable opponents in the last 11 and only KC as a sure loss in the bunch.

For the 900th time Sammy wants 14-15m per rather than let him walk free they got assets.

Bobs not worth 8m a year.

I'd rather have Bob on the field with 2 TE's rather than any three Bills WRs. He blocks, gets open and catches. Three things our WRs don't do.

Bingo

He would have been cheap this year. If they picked up the option he would have cost 11 million next year. The year after that they could have used the franchise tag. I'm guessing they were concerned about the culture of the team or his injury history because what Sammy wanted in terms of a new contract wouldn't matter until the 3rd year of the new regime.

I'd rather have Bob on the field with 2 TE's rather than any three Bills WRs. He blocks, gets open and catches. Three things our WRs don't do.

Not saying hes a bad player but 8m per and 64 m total just isn't realistic.