Odell Beckham Jr - Another injury proned receiver

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's got 20 targets in 5 games. The conspiracist in me is thinking the Rams are underplaying him so they don't pay through the nose for him next year. Either that or Goff just doesn't have chemistry with him.

maybe he would prefer they pay through *his* nose

That's mean, yolo. I'll show myself out.

Edited by YoloinOhio

He's got 20 targets in 5 games. The conspiracist in me is thinking the Rams are underplaying him so they don't pay through the nose for him next year. Either that or Goff just doesn't have chemistry with him.

So they had chemistry when they played a bad 9ers secondary and then lost that same chemistry when playing against Norman and Sherman? That doesn't even make sense. He burnt some bad cornerbacks and dissapeared against some better ones.

That's how I see it. How long til someone chimes in on how Sammy once toasted Revis when he was past his prime. As I said before Pierre Garson caught 3 balls or more in nearly every game under SM's play calling, there is zero excuse to make zero catches.

So they had chemistry when they played a bad 9ers secondary and then lost that same chemistry when playing against Norman and Sherman? That doesn't even make sense. He burnt some bad cornerbacks and dissapeared against some better ones.

That's how I see it. How long til someone chimes in on how Sammy once toasted Revis when he was past his prime. As I said before Pierre Garson caught 3 balls or more in nearly every game under SM's play calling, there is zero excuse to make zero catches.

I mean when you get a combined six targets against Sherman or Norman, maybe the game plan is to throw away from those top guys. Does that mean Watkins can't get open against him? No. The one pass that wasn't completely uncatchable, Watkins had a step on Sherman, but the ball was thrown a bit too far out of bounds.

Either way if you think Watkins just can't compete with WR's like Woods, or Kupp then I've got to say you are insane.

I'll take an injury-prone receiver who averages 96 catches for 1,376 yards and 12 TD's a year anyday.

...IF his antics did not put him in the notoriety spotlight for wrong reasons (he chose it though) as a diva and his stats did the talking, this thread doesn't happen IMO...and where art thou posting hypocrites NOW about the Sammy pick versus OBJ if this guy is injury prone???.....

I think Watkins leads the NFL in yards and catches right now?

Not leads, but he's definitely an elite top 5...

What's that?

Oh sorry I meant 55. But it's an elite top 55.

OBJ - is hands down the best WR in that class and it's not close at all.

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

I mean when you get a combined six targets against Sherman or Norman, maybe the game plan is to throw away from those top guys. Does that mean Watkins can't get open against him? No. The one pass that wasn't completely uncatchable, Watkins had a step on Sherman, but the ball was thrown a bit too far out of bounds.

Either way if you think Watkins just can't compete with WR's like Woods, or Kupp then I've got to say you are insane.

Compete with Woods or Cupp? Guys who conform to the system and shut up and play football.

Perhaps you are missing the picture with Watkins, just a week he is apologizing to his former team about being selfish then after yesterday's game he is retweeting the Joe Blows of America that say give Sammy targets.

Zero catches, lack of targets, whining...First it was he is new in the offense and just needs time, then he blows up a bad 49ers secondary (without Reid, who is their only capable player in that secondary) and all is well. For a week. Then he dissapeared again and now it's the same thing it was in Buffalo.

Buttttttttt it isn't. He isn't playing in a Stone Age run first offense, he is playing with one of the better modern day offensive minds. That's what he needed while he was here!? I thought that's what everyone said!

Maybe he just needs a high volume passing attack and 16 games against the 9ers and he can produce those season long numbers that OBJ put up. Something is missing with this kid and I'm not sure how much more evidence people need to see, stay tuned, I'm sure more is coming. Something's always happening with Samantha.

Compete with Woods or Cupp? Guys who conform to the system and shut up and play football.

Perhaps you are missing the picture with Watkins, just a week he is apologizing to his former team about being selfish then after yesterday's game he is retweeting the Joe Blows of America that say give Sammy targets.

Zero catches, lack of targets, whining...First it was he is new in the offense and just needs time, then he blows up a bad 49ers secondary (without Reid, who is their only capable player in that secondary) and all is well. For a week. Then he dissapeared again and now it's the same thing it was in Buffalo.

Buttttttttt it isn't. He isn't playing in a Stone Age run first offense, he is playing with one of the better modern day offensive minds. That's what he needed while he was here!? I thought that's what everyone said!

Maybe he just needs a high volume passing attack and 16 games against the 9ers and he can produce those season long numbers that OBJ put up. Something is missing with this kid and I'm not sure how much more evidence people need to see, stay tuned, I'm sure more is coming. Something's always happening with Samantha.

He's also coming off a concussion.

I don't like this guy,its all me, me, me.

I also doubt the Bills new regime would bring him in if he became available.

He is not a team player.

And this Offense will continue to be atrocious.

The point was, the Offense had some talent but the FO decided to tank and to ensure TT had no receivers. Don't use injuries as an excuse, they made sure there was no depth....... Watkins, Matthews & Jones could have been a really scary combo......

Did you watch the game? I focused on Watkins and Goff never looked his way...... Inexplicable......

Not leads, but he's definitely an elite top 5...

What's that?

Oh sorry I meant 55. But it's an elite top 55.

OBJ - is hands down the best WR in that class and it's not close at all.

OBJ, albeit talented, is a Terrell Owens clone. He will put up the numbers, but may end up playing for 5 or 6 teams before it's all said and done because of his attitude.

He's also coming off a concussion.

Right. How did Davante Adams do yesterday? Or was the concussion the explanation for his twitter timeline?

And this Offense will continue to be atrocious.

The point was, the Offense had some talent but the FO decided to tank and to ensure TT had no receivers. Don't use injuries as an excuse, they made sure there was no depth....... Watkins, Matthews & Jones could have been a really scary combo......

Did you watch the game? I focused on Watkins and Goff never looked his way...... Inexplicable......

Inexplicable? Like giving up on routes? Or perhaps this is all related. Don't yah think?

Edited by Commonsense