10-9: Sean McDermott Presser at 1 PM ET

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having a hard time seeing how our offense will improve with "next man up" philosophy. O'Leary is a downgrade as are all our WRs behind Matthews.

What does that even mean? Our starting TE went down, so lets NOT start the next guy in the depth chart? o_O

Next man up isn't always about improving, it's about fielding a team...

What does that even mean? Our starting TE went down, so lets NOT start the next guy in the depth chart? o_O

Next man up isn't always about improving, it's about fielding a team...

Its a difficult idea for many to follow, it seems. O'Leary has turned into a decent all around TE, and seems to be improving each week.

I'm having a hard time seeing how our offense will improve with "next man up" philosophy. O'Leary is a downgrade as are all our WRs behind Matthews.

Don't count O'Leary out like that. The guy is a tough SOB and may not be Clay caliber of a TE, but is a VERY decent #2.

Wide receivers I agree with you. A reporter asked McDermott, why would you pay Andre Holmes the most amongst the recievers, yet, he got the 4th most snaps amongst them? McD's answer didn't sit well with me.

I'm liking McDermott more and more when i see him on the sidelines during gameday, but the answers he gives to reporters that I personally want a straightforward answer to, he just responds with the typical NFL robotic automated response in press conferences and it irks me.

Yes coach, from the information you've evaluated and gathered, would you say that your offense will be the death of this season?

I trust the guys we have out there and we are continuing to work at getting better each week. Its a process.

Agree with those who think O'Leary is not that far of a step down from Clay. He's shown good hands and has really developed in his time here. Plus, says something when this coaching staff has confidence in a guy from before their regime.

O'Leary isn't the blocker that Clay is in the run game nor is he as much of a threat for YAC. He's a nice player, but a downgrade.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Agree with those who think O'Leary is not that far of a step down from Clay. He's shown good hands and has really developed in his time here. Plus, says something when this coaching staff has confidence in a guy from before their regime.

Getting downfield and yac is a pretty big difference. But I like him. He's just not a #1.

O'Leary isn't the blocker that Clay is in the run game nor is he as much of a threat for YAC. He's a nice player, but a downgrade.

Getting downfield and yac is a pretty big difference. But I like him. He's just not a #1.

How well O'Leary can fill Clay's shoes isn't even on the first page of my list of worries with this team right now. The kid did pretty good yesterday.

He strikes me as a Mark Campbell type. And to me that's a compliment because that guy was solid and hung onto the ball no matter how hard the hit.