Tyrods lack of scrambling/running

You're so right, of course!! Because it's not like there's an opposing team on the field game planning for this type of play!

More nonsensical belly-aching... You must thought losing Watkins and all receiving threats would improve the offense, no?

The OC needs to go, NOW. MCD and Fraizer did a fantastic job with the D. Dennison "Rexe'd" up the offense.

This team is clearly building for the future... But you're right, let's fire the coaching staff 5 weeks in after a 3-2 start!

You're so right, of course!! Because it's not like there's an opposing team on the field game planning for this type of play!

More nonsensical belly-aching... You must thought losing Watkins and all receiving threats would improve the offense, no?

This team is clearly building for the future... But you're right, let's fire the coaching staff 5 weeks in after a 3-2 start!

The offensive regression is terrible. Not fire the coaching staff, but Dennison was a terrible hire from day 1. He is forcing a scheme on players it does not fit. Similar to Rex. How'd that work out?

Tyrod needs to learn how to step up into a clean pocket. Half his sacks could have easily been avoided if if moved up 2-3 yards inside the pocket. I was surprised to see that yesterday actually as he normally steps ups and makes a pass if someone is open or picks a lane and takes off.

Edited by Real McCoy

It was almost like he was trying to prove something yesterday by staying in the pocket and trying to be a QB. He's not a good passer. You take his running out of his game and he isn't an NFL caliber player. The whole thing about Taylor is that he is supposed to be able to hurt you with his legs and occasionally make the big throw because teams are worried about him running. If he decides to sit back there and not even look to run, it is only going to get worse.

Edited by sven233

It was almost like he was trying to prove something yesterday by staying in the pocket and trying to be a QB. He's not a good passer. You take his running out of his game and he isn't an NFL caliber player. The whole thing about Taylor is that he is supposed to be able to hurt you with his legs and occasionally make the big throw because teams are worried about him running. If he decides to sit back there and not even look to run, it is only going to get worse.

The only one Tyrod is hurting is his team and fan base, sadly.

I disagree that those would be the numbers. TT takes players away from McCoy in the run game because the offside end and linebacker stay home. When TT is not a running threat they run line slants because they don't fear TT keeping it. At least that's what I've seen so far.

I dont understand what you are trying to say here. Can you elaborate?

This is the one thing I truly don't understand and also brings coaching into question. If Taylor does have one key strength it's making plays with his legs and designed roll out plays for him to keep it and run.

If McD and/or Dennison are telling him not to run and stay in the pocket and throw do they not understand that's not who Taylor is? And again it raises the question of why not make a QB change if that is why they want out of the position?

They have to fully evaluate him as an NFL quarterback. Being a running back who takes snaps from center isn't a sustainable long-term strategy.

Mostly agree -- but I'd say "isn't an NFL caliber starter." EJ Manuel had more rushing yards yesterday. Running -- not just scrambling, but designed runs and grabbing the opportunity to run on pass plays when the pocket breaks down or his 1st/2nd reads are covered -- is absolutely essential to his game. It's like Mike Vick, Pocket Passer ... a pretty useless player, which is exactly what he became when he lost the ability to run effectively. I'm not sure how much of this is Tyrod being coached not to run vs. Tyrod trying to show he can succeed without running vs. Tyrod trying to protect his body for this season vs. Tyrod trying to protect his body for free agency after this season. Probably a little bit of each. But I do know that he is an extremely limited QB when you (or he himself) takes away the running element of his game. And as others have noticed, a non-running Tyrod also has a negative impact on the Bills running game as a whole. So Tyrod, it's time to put that critical element back into your game ...

They have to fully evaluate him as an NFL quarterback. Being a running back who takes snaps from center isn't a sustainable long-term strategy.

Yes and they should know by now Taylor isn't an prototypical NFL QB in that sense and never will be. We are simply delaying the inevitable the longer they stick with him as the starter.

Yes and they should know by now Taylor isn't an prototypical NFL QB in that sense and never will be. We are simply delaying the inevitable the longer they stick with him as the starter.

If Taylor and the offense aren't better after the Thursday night game vs. Jets (11/2) then I expect the coaching staff to make a switch.

Either that, or they wait until 12/10 vs. Colts.