Tyrods lack of scrambling/running

Tyrod had one carry for 3 yards yesterday. Let that sink in for a minute. A QB touted to be one of the top 3 scrambling QB's in the league had 3 yards rushing! Sacked 6 times( career high?) Because he would not get rid of the ball or take off running. Is he now in self preservation mode or are we seeing a clear example of a player who Is not cut out for the QB position?

Tyrod had one carry for 3 yards yesterday. Let that sink in for a minute. A QB touted to be one of the top 3 scrambling QB's in the league had 3 yards rushing! Sacked 6 times( career high?) Because he would not get rid of the ball or take off running. Is he now in self preservation mode or are we seeing a clear example of a player who Is not cut out for the QB position?

They are making Tyrod fit the system....which may not always be a good thing

That's what Rico seems to be doing, he's gotta be in the mix, he's to good a runner, I hope this changes during bye

There was one play where the Bengals sold out for McCoy and if TT kept it he would have run for a TD. It's a big piece to their running over the past 2 seasons and without it as a threat they can cheat to McCoy on every play. They even had some run blitz where everyone is out of position headed for McCoy and if TT pulls it he gets 10 or 20 yards easy.

Edited by CuddyDark

This is the one thing I truly don't understand and also brings coaching into question. If Taylor does have one key strength it's making plays with his legs and designed roll out plays for him to keep it and run.

If McD and/or Dennison are telling him not to run and stay in the pocket and throw do they not understand that's not who Taylor is? And again it raises the question of why not make a QB change if that is why they want out of the position?

This is going to be a long two weeks. But, like a poster said take away TTs best asset and the run game goes from elite to non-existent based on this years performance so far. He ran a bit in the ATL game and the running game became more viable as the game went on.

Edited by Captain Murica

This is the one thing I truly don't understand and also brings coaching into question. If Taylor does have one key strength it's making plays with his legs and designed roll out plays for him to keep it and run.

If McD and/or Dennison are telling him not to run and stay in the pocket and throw do they not understand that's not who Taylor is? And again it raises the question of why not make a QB change if that is why they want out of the position?

this

Take away Tyrods rushing numbers from last year and we still had a top 5 running game.

I disagree that those would be the numbers. TT takes players away from McCoy in the run game because the offside end and linebacker stay home. When TT is not a running threat they run line slants because they don't fear TT keeping it. At least that's what I've seen so far.

Edited by CuddyDark

Come on now. Designed runs or not, he sat in the pocket way too long and NEVER thought about scrambling! He left a lot of yards on the field and a few first downs!

Because that's what they have coached him to do. They have coached running out of his game. Also in the past TT ran scripted run plays. I have seen maybe 1 scripted run play this season and it went for a 1st down against Denver.

Because that's what they have coached him to do. They have coached running out of his game. Also in the past TT ran scripted run plays. I have seen maybe 1 scripted run play this season and it went for a 1st down against Denver.

Were talking about scrambling, not designed running plays for him. His natural ability for self preservation should have kicked in but NEVER DID!